ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2023 four-star PF Assane Diop talks recruitment, Arkansas

jacksoncollier

Hawgbert Financial Expert
Staff
Dec 22, 2018
Little Rock, AR
With just one commit so far in the 2023 recruiting class, the Razorback coaching staff is still eyeing a number of prospects to fill the remaining spots.

While that list has narrowed in recent weeks, the staff has a clear plan on who they hope to be a part of the class. One of those is top-100 big man Assane Diop.

Diop played for the Colorado Hawks this summer alongside his cousin and fellow Arkansas target Baye Fall. The pair had a successful and productive summer but now shift their focus towards school ball. Diop has already set some goals for himself for his senior season.

“I think mostly, just doing my job as a leader and helping my team,” Diop said in an exclusive interview with HawgBeat. “I think this last year, I really need to win something. A championship.”

The 6-foot-10 versatile big man also has personal goals for his individual game.
“Mostly I think I'm looking to improve my shooting, being a leader, and being more aggressive," Diop said. "Other than that, maybe like being a good teammate. Playing hard every time I’m on the court. I think if I do that, my senior year will be good.”

Diop and Fall are planning on taking an official visit to Arkansas together in the fall. The two of them took an unofficial visit in February and are still working on the details of their upcoming official.

CONTINUE READING HERE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News