ADVERTISEMENT

A friendly & respectful tip of the cap

runt#69

Starter
Dec 13, 2010
First of all, and I really, REALLY do mean this with as much genuine sincerity as I can muster, congratulations on a good year to you and your team. I know it's heard to see a season end, but I think the Hogs took a big step forward when you look at the overall trajectory of the year.

You guys won a lot of games with all that great in-state talent, which should be incredibly positive moving forward. You guys keep all that talent coming into Fayetteville, and you surely will be there year in and year out competing for not only SEC titles, but making consistent noise with consistent appearances in the NCAAT.

I think another often overlooked aspect is how Arkansas did on the road this year. Sure, there were some struggles playing away from home, but it's that way for everybody, and I think the Hogs made some positive strides in winning more on the road than in recent years. So BIG congrats on that as well.

Arkansas' up-tempo and strong, physical play makes for a good game to watch, a very entertaining style and I like it, IMO we need more up-tempo with more free-flowing games like you guys employ.

The bottom line is that I think it's great you have improved and it can only mean better things for our conference as it moves forward.

As for some of the bad blood and UK fans going back and forth with some of you, I hope you can forgive me for anything that I've said or done that may have been viewed as disrespectful, I've always tried to be friendly and thankful for your input over on the Rafters, which is where I primarily post.

I love junkyard hog, and agree with his assessment in many regards, to how things have changed somwwhat over there just this past year. Mods over there are really good, imo, they don't perma ban people lightly and are generally really tolerant in comparison to the mods on the rest of the Rivals' boards that I visit from time to time.

Just my observations, fwiw, is that there are a flood of new low-count posters over on RR (0 count to 2k count) that seem like really young people (not old farts like me!) and that's eroded the quality of discussion and lowered the likeability of our board.

It's also never been a place for the thin skinned. I read the site for years before jumping in to join the debates. I just gotta keep reminding myself that, from time to time, the Rafters' eats its' own.(and in a bad way, too) I certainly don't mean that, in saying this, any of you are thin skinned, nor are bad posters in any way, please don't take anything I am saying here to be negative towards anyone.

Having said all this, please reconsider not joining in the debate or discussions over there or anywhere on Rivals. You guys might not hear it enough, but I (and many others that are simply a "silent majority") really do like what many of you have had to say, and I (for one) don't want to not hear what you all think on things.

So, I'll simply conclude that if I don't see some of you guys on the rafters in the future, I'll have to come over here and give a shout out (I hope I'm welcomed) because I value what you all have to say. Arkansas fans are a great part of our conference and the majority of us old farts' truly do value your opinion.

So congrats on your season, peace and good will to my Arkansas neighbors !

- runt

Great post Runt. Wish they were all like you, you're a great fan and thanks for the kind words.

If UK wins it all, you're one of the few i'll be happy for.

WOOO PIGGG SOOIEEEE!!!

Thank you, Junkyard !

You know, the more I think of it, the way Arkansas has such good in-state players, the way you guys can get them to keep coming and playing, that's gotta' be a great source of comfort. Not many teams can get such good talent from the backyard and stay home. Gotta' take a lot of pride in that, for sure.

I think it was in the UNC*** game yesterday where the announcer (can't remember which one) was talking about how such good talent was from a small place like Little Rock and how getting good talent to play for Ark. was a great advantage. Then he said the same thing about talent in a place like a "small town" like Memphis (I'm here in Nashville, btw) and I about spit my coke up at hearing that.

I mean, gee, Memphis only has what, like a million+ people living in it?!?!? HAHAH ! WTH? Small town Memphis. Man, there's been major college DIV. I talent coming out of there since I was born ! But that's a "small town".
laugh.r191677.gif

Maybe he was a New Yorker or something, those guys crack me up.

But I digress.

Don't anyone here get down on the season's ending, only one team ends it with a win. Be happy and take pride in a well-played season and I look forward to resuming the SEC slate next year with you guys. Thanks for making me feel welcome here as well.

Take care !

I second what runt#69 said. Arkansas is headed in the right direction and we want your program to be at the top of the conference and a presence on the national stage. Next season in the NCAA when an opponent see Arkansas in their bracket I want them to shake in their boots. It is good for all of us to have a strong league.

Have a safe off season and let's all be ready to tip it off in the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT