ADVERTISEMENT

Draft

Smashmouth2004

Starter
Nov 9, 2002
I'm a little disappointed. Flowers and Philon were projected to go in the 3rd round so no telling where they might go now. I feel bad for Philon because not being drafted in the first 3 rounds, his decision to come out early was bad advice.

I agree, was expecting Flowers and Spaight to already be gone. I think they're better than some at their positions that were drafted ahead of them. As for Philon, that's the risk everybody that comes out early takes, they shouldn't let some agent looking for percentages to persuade them.

My understanding is that Philon let himself go... and as a consequence, didn't fare as well as expected at the combine.

Plus, I'm hearing that he wasn't fond of school.. and might not have been eligible next year anyway.

If that's true then it's probably for the best. I don't think any player that doesn't really want to be here will give us their best effort. Still, we had a good showing in the draft, 5 pics from a team nobody was giving a chance to in the pre-season, the crew on SEC Now had even predicted that we would repeat the 3-9 record from the year before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT