ADVERTISEMENT

Guys and Gals, how many times have we been through this now?

I'm not trying to be your friend sir. But you make no calls for me, my wife or family period. When you open up your life to everyone on this board - including me- then judge. Otherwise, you have no right to cast stones. Take care.

And by the way..you call your rant towards me mature? Or are you looking for approval from board members? Either way, your statement is hypocritical.

Weird responses.

First, I wouldn't open up my life to a bunch of strangers on a message board. Especially if I had a son who was a top recruit. You made that choice. It was a poor one. I'm sure you probably regret it now, hence your request to have your rant taken down.

And I wouldn't call that a rant at all, I'd call it the truth. I'd ask you to point out the immaturity, but realize that you're probably not capable.

Anyways, I'm not here to have a back and forth with you. I've stated my opinions. Proceed to rehash things and get everyone stirred back up.

Well, regardless of what I think of you or your actions, you at least seem to be owning up to some of your mistakes.

In that vein, do you care to explain now why your first explanation for the $500 check was that it was to send KJ to camps, and your revised explanation was to say it was reimbursement for hamburger meat? Were there so many checks that you couldn't keep track of them all, or was it an honest mistake? This would be a perfect time to clear the air on this issue, and possibly work towards restoring your son's good name.

Our sons good name was never in Jeopardy.

Honestly @Hogmonster67 do you believe that urban will be his position coach? I'm on your side on all of this, have no problem with you doing what you feel is needed to defend your kid, but urban is the slickest salesman there is. He isn't Even gonna know KJ exists once he gets up there for the first year, plus he will be with the QBs. I don't mean to tell you your business, but that man could sell Ice to an Eskimo. He ain't gonna be the WR coach. And who has urban produced besides Percy?

Weird responses.

First, I wouldn't open up my life to a bunch of strangers on a message board. Especially if I had a son who was a top recruit. You made that choice. It was a poor one. I'm sure you probably regret it now, hence your request to have your rant taken down.

And I wouldn't call that a rant at all, I'd call it the truth. I'd ask you to point out the immaturity, but realize that you're probably not capable.

Anyways, I'm not here to have a back and forth with you. I've stated my opinions. Proceed to rehash things and get everyone stirred back up.

I wasn't saying I opened up my family's life up to anyone. I only said, if you are going to judge us, first open up your life to everyone, then cast your stone at us. Meaning that I know you wouldn't dare do that, so why would you act like you have the right to judge others period..and since I haven't put our life out here, how would you know us to judge us?

So Enos told you that he would only throw to hatcher and the TEs?

Do you not think that Urban says the same speech to all the WRs.
Like I said, it doesn't matter at this point really but I get the reasons KJ would go there.

Just really was wondering if KJ had second thought and still wanted to play with his lifelong friend that it sure seemed like they publicly made it clear they wanted to go to the same school.

I just can't stand Urban not because he wins but because his track record shows he could care less about the player and it's more about winning to him. I'd bet he walks away after talking with a recruit thinking damn I'm good, they really believe me.

Honestly @Hogmonster67 do you believe that urban will be his position coach? I'm on your side on all of this, have no problem with you doing what you feel is needed to defend your kid, but urban is the slickest salesman there is. He isn't Even gonna know KJ exists once he gets up there for the first year, plus he will be with the QBs. I don't mean to tell you your business, but that man could sell Ice to an Eskimo. He ain't gonna be the WR coach. And who has urban produced besides Percy?

I appreciate the concern, I thought that would happen too. But I have to admit, he checks on KJ regularly. Making sure he's doing the things he instructed KJ to do. Even makes sure I'm working with him. I asked KJ before he signed,, was sure? He said..in his words, with all that has happen, it wouldn't be the same even if I he wanted to think of Arkansas. Too many things had happen. Felt his best choice was Ohio State, and seemed content.

I don't post much but read the boards every day. Hogmonster...I know your getting bashed a lot here. Rightfully so on the process of KJ's recruitment and how it was handled. But...people do change their minds and a 17 - 18 year old kid is easily influenced. With that said...if you were truly a hog fan you would have steered KJ to be stick with his commitment and be a Razorback. You obviously had an influence. The NFL drafts kids that have talent period. Doesn't matter what school...how many opportunities...etc...they find them every year. If he continues to be a great player he has just as good of a chance to get the league at Ohio State as he does at Arkansas. I would argue he would have gotten more attention at Arkansas than Ohio St. being the feature receiver...not to mention Arkansas has become a media darling. Chaney is no better OC than Enos...and THAT was the excuse sir. So what was the excuse??? Meyer being a "position" coach...really? Decommitting was said to be because Chaney left....not because Meyer was going to be a part time position coach. Done deal now....good luck to KJ.

Last edited:
I appreciate the concern, I thought that would happen too. But I have to admit, he checks on KJ regularly. Making sure he's doing the things he instructed KJ to do. Even makes sure I'm working with him. I asked KJ before he signed,, was sure? He said..in his words, with all that has happen, it wouldn't be the same even if I he wanted to think of Arkansas. Too many things had happen. Felt his best choice was Ohio State, and seemed content.
Thanks for the response. I know it isn't a popular opinion, but I will be rooting for him. Watched him at the state championship and was blown away by his quicks at his size. I understand that feeling that things are right like they are, and that to change them would potentially mess everything up. Wish it had all gone down differently but I do wish him the best.

Reactions: Hogmonster67
Aaron Hernandez

So Enos told you that he would only throw to hatcher and the TEs?

Do you not think that Urban says the same speech to all the WRs.
Like I said, it doesn't matter at this point really but I get the reasons KJ would go there.

Just really was wondering if KJ had second thought and still wanted to play with his lifelong friend that it sure seemed like they publicly made it clear they wanted to go to the same school.

I just can't stand Urban not because he wins but because his track record shows he could care less about the player and it's more about winning to him. I'd bet he walks away after talking with a recruit thinking damn I'm good, they really believe me.

Not guaranteeing anything, but only going by what we were shown. He fits what Bielima wants to do. I'm just saying, from what we saw, I feel Coach B will have Coach Enos take baby steps first. Jmo.

Aaron Hernandez
GIF-Amused-funny-laugh-laughing-LOL-GIF.gif

Reactions: brianflops
I'm pretty sure You and KJ know that had he ended up at AR that all the crazies that tweeted stupid things or whatever would've been the first to be excited.
Every fan base that has a home based highly recruited kid acts the same way.
Look at the Bama fan that destroyed Auburns trees, each fan base is the same. Problem is you were right in the heart of it all and put yourself out there to be bashed.

As others have said, If it were my son I'm sure I would defend him the same. I just hope I would not put it all on social media. Thing is no one can say what they would do when in that situation. I'd be ready to fight anyone that bashed my kid, not that it would do anything other than hurt in the long run that simply how most parents would feel in the moment.

I love the hide behind statement of "you don't know what happened in my sons recruitment"

What we do know and I can't believe you can't admit to is that YOU handled it completely wrong.

The tweets that Tree mentions are correct. You constantly retweeted all the bad until the very end when people started to feel there was a chance that KJ would possibly commit to us.

You mention sports writers in our state like they did something wrong to you all, maybe I missed something on here or another board but I sure didn't see anything negative about KJ. I assume your talking about them letting posters voice their opinions of how it was all handled. That's what we pay for.

I'm not one to bash a kids decision like some fans do and act like an idiot. I wish KJ would've come here and helped but no 1 player makes a team. Every kid has a different reason for going here or there. We all believe an instate kid should stay and if so will be a much bigger and u forgotten name than they will ever be going elsewhere. There's examples for both sides of that but I have a feeling it leans more towards he will be forgotten as soon as he leaves Scumbag Meyers team.

I wish no harm on KJ, seems to be a good kid but I will not and most hog fans will not be following and rooting for him to show out at Ohio. What I will say is at least he didn't go to an SEC rival team. I know he feels or you maybe that elsewhere was the best place to go but it's proven, if your good enough you will make it to the NFL.

One question, why are you even on this board now?

I answered all your questions already..including your last one. If you are truly interested, go back and read it. Even your second paragraph was checked.

I'm pretty sure You and KJ know that had he ended up at AR that all the crazies that tweeted stupid things or whatever would've been the first to be excited.
Look at the Bama fan that destroyed Auburns trees, each fan base is the same. Problem is you were right in the heart of it all and put yourself out there to be bashed.

As others have said, If it were my son I'm sure I would defend him the same. I just hope I would not put it all on social media. Thing is no one can say what they would do when in that situation. I'd be ready to fight anyone that bashed my kid, not that it would do anything other than hurt in the long run that simply how most parents would feel in the moment.

That was my point, and what I explained in my first post. Admitted that I was angry, and realize I didn't need to do that. At that point I asked for it to be erased. That's it.

I answered all your questions already..including your last one. If you are truly interested, go back and read it. Even your second paragraph was checked.
Yes. I posted that earlier and while typing didn't see the response to others you provided.

The only question you didn't answer is what actually did happen during the recruitment that caused KJ to go elsewhere?

The way you said it was like it was the coaches and how they handled it?

The other question being how did any of the writers that follow recruiting such as Danny or Dudley mid treat you and KJ?

I don think he said he didn't want to come because of the crazies. I feel like he's done a hell of a job explaining things, and I, for one, appreciate the insight.

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
I don't post much but read the boards every day. Hogmonster...I know your getting bashed a lot here. Rightfully so on the process of KJ's recruitment and how it was handled. But...people do change their minds and a 17 - 18 year old kid is easily influenced. With that said...if you were truly a hog fan you would have steered KJ to be stick with his commitment and be a Razorback. You obviously had an influence. The NFL drafts kids that have talent period. Doesn't matter what school...how many opportunities...etc...they find them every year. If he continues to be a great player he has just as good of a chance to get the league at Ohio State as he does at Arkansas. I would argue he would have gotten more attention at Arkansas than Ohio St. being the feature receiver...not to mention Arkansas has become a media darling. Chaney is no better OC than Enos...and THAT was the excuse sir. So what was the excuse??? Meyer being a "position" coach...really? Decommitting was said to be because Chaney left....not because Meyer was going to be a part time position coach. Done deal now....good luck to KJ.

You know, being a hog fan, really has nothing to do with KJ deciding whether not to be a hog. As a parent, not a hog fan, I want him to be happy. That's first, not pleasing the hogs and the fans. We don't want him to ever come to us - his parents - and say he made his choice because of us. This had to be his choice, he earned it. My wife and I have had our time. Now it's our children's turn. And their happiness is all that matters.

I think Montez has probably shown more of his true self today than when he posted in anger in the past. I don't think anyone in his camp handled the process very well, but in the end, like he said, all that truly matters is that the kid goes where he wants to go. It's his life, and the Hogs are better off not signing a kid who really does not want to be here. We've seen how that plays out. Having said that, Montez, it's also a learning experience for KJ, you, and your family on how NOT to handle things going forward in life, whether it's sports or anything else. Pledging a commitment promises some level of hurt and backlash from fans when you back out, so how you handle the process of walking away either softens the blow, or it damages your credibility for a long time. Lesson learned, I hope.

As a Dad, I hope you enjoy your son's football career. As a fan, I don't really care if he excels or not, because he is not a Hog -- I'm indifferent now.

I don think he said he didn't want to come because of the crazies. I feel like he's done a hell of a job explaining things, and I, for one, appreciate the insight.
I agree baber. That's why I asking question because it's really inside info that I've never seen on here or any board.

If I come off as an a$$whole than I'm not trying to be but don't know how else to say it.

My first post was the only one I feel as if I questioned him as far as the tweets. He's already agreed he wishes he would've handled it differently as I think we all knew already. I do stupid things all the time. You can't take them back and will have to live with the consequences, which in this is only message board people without a face.

Reactions: gbbaber
LOL...one of the mods must have spent thirty minutes editing this thread.

Well done!
Yep...I'm back........we found out last week that my wife has breast cancer, so went with her to meet the
breast surgeon and see what the course of action options are..... I was out yesterday, but back today.......

Milk is spilled no need to get on hands and knees to lick it up. Mistakes were made promises broken life goes on. I am confident in the direction of this team and program. AMF

Yep...I'm back........we found out last week that my wife has breast cancer, so went with her to meet the
breast surgeon and see what the course of action options are..... I was out yesterday, but back today.......
Sorry to hear this Ump...especially in this dumpster fire of a thread.

My family and I will keep you and your wife in our thoughts.

Reactions: c4life72404
That is not the point of the OP at all. He is simply pointing out that the track record of Arkansans leaving the state to play elsewhere is riddled with examples of those who failed to meet expectations. While it would be impossible to truly link the two, it does appear that those who are looking to leave are less likely to succeed at the higher levels for whatever reason.

Exactly the point of the OP! as well as the kids that got buried in other programs depth charts (Alabama is famous for)

@UTRIP UMP sorry to hear that. I've dealt with it in my family and it has always worked out, so I hope you enjoy the same outcome. I'll have y'all in my thoughts.

After pouting for a few months, I can see how excited KJ would be to have this attention from Urban Myers.

It may turn out great for him... And for KJ. I just wanted them to be PROUD Razorbacks!

Reactions: Hogmonster67
What a worthless post.
proof is in the pudding. Somebody that truly cares about their step kids, would never purposely bring the kind of attention to them, like Mr Montez did. Montez will prove me right, just give it time. Hell man, he's already collected a few checks for KJs ability. Why would you think that isn't the case??

proof is in the pudding. Somebody that truly cares about their step kids, would never purposely bring the kind of attention to them, like Mr Montez did. Montez will prove me right, just give it time. Hell man, he's already collected a few checks for KJs ability. Why would you think that isn't the case??
You're pathetic.

You're pathetic.
Why? Because I know people are capable of this behavior? And because I'll point out that Montez's behavior is exactly that of someone who would take full advantage of his stepsons ability? He proved that by basically enjoying KJs recruiting process for him. He also proved it by accepting money from NLR. He proved that he accepted money from NLR by lying about what the checks were for, on 2 different occasions.
I may see the UofA through hog colored glasses, but I see the world for exactly what it is. It isn't hard to put the pieces together if you pay attention. As I said before, a man that really cares about the well being of his step kids, would NEVER purposely create awkward adversity for THEM to have to deal with while he has the luxury of simply avoiding the situation. Dude stuck KJ right smack dab in the middle of all that crap, when it was totally unnecessary. It is Montez, that is the pathetic one, Sir. And I gotta damn good feeling that we will see it all play out during KJs 4 years at OSU.

I was thinking more, "How many times have we seen coaches recruit poorly, still act like it'll be fine, and not admit that it was the cause of our lack of success until the coach is gone." To your point, this hurts b\c we're hurting for talent so badly. It's beyond vital that we get Monk and an excellent 2016 class.
Didn't read any more posts after this. Bingo. How many times we been through this? A lot more than post season wins. Lol. How lame. Homer U baby!

No sir.
All this from me, because you act like you're totally innocent and clueless.
Like I said, I'm glad KJ hot away from this state. For obvious reasons.
As far as work is concerned, I own my business, guy. And we can play big bank take little bank, anytime you want. And I earned every dollar of it, the old fashioned way. I'm a statewide brand, and I live pretty comfortably. I even pay my own mortgage, instead of getting outside "assistance"
By no means rich, but a business that was built from the ground up by yours truly.
I thought you said you were done responding to somebody like me?? I'm tired of my phone buzzing everytime you come up with a weak attempt at an insult. If you knew what kind of work I do, You would quit before lunchtime.
If-youre-in-a-hole-stop-digging.jpg

So for the sake of discussion, if AT doesn't have break away speed and can't climb the depth chart at Bama, why is he going to be a superstar here? If Frazier hasn't done anything at all at Auburn, why is he going to be a standout here?

Is it your argument that our relative lack of talent gives them more opportunity? Even if that means that they they will be competing head to head with the talent they couldn't beat out in the first place?
Because Bama has stockpiled with 4&5* RB's unline Arkansas, we are not. We usually give our instate kids the benefite on the doubt. Also, with having the best OL he would have done great here.
As fas Frazier goes. a lot of people were on the fence with him. Never was a big fan of him anyways. Stars can lie.

Because Bama has stockpiled with 4&5* RB's unline Arkansas, we are not. We usually give our instate kids the benefite on the doubt. Also, with having the best OL he would have done great here.
As fas Frazier goes. a lot of people were on the fence with him. Never was a big fan of him anyways. Stars can lie.
Giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying he would have been great are 2 separate things. If he was that obvious of a talent then why is he at UNLV? Your argument is that he's not at Bama because they are loaded with 4 and 5* talent (that he couldn't beat out for playing time I might add), but it would seem there are other p5 schools that would make a run at him if his talent was undeniable, right? Is there any chance in the world that the "stars lied"?

And just for the sake of being thorough, we didn't have the best OL. We had a good OL, not a great one. Stats actually show we were a better pass blocking OL than run blocking OL....we were only slightly above average in run blocking.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT