ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, Hambone,

bobhawg

Starter
Oct 27, 2002
I am wondering if you have read about the Queen's Speech in Britain and the agenda the Prime Minister has put out.
The gist of the agenda is to greatly curtail the amount of money unions pay to politicians by changing British law to read that a union member must sign in for his money to be used by the Labor Party, instead of the current allowance to sign out. The contention is that it will greatly reduce the amount of money for political purposes provided by the unions. I found it interesting in that I agree that all, not some, but all of the money paid to politicians in every country should be greatly reduced, but I thought it was interesting as it does sound like the far right and far left sides here in America. I saw that the present British law was passed in Clement Atlee's time which I think was a little after WW2. I just found it interesting that America and England would have a common contention. Personally if I had my way, all political donations no matter from what source would be limited to 500 dollars, but we will see Billions of dollars spent during the 2016 election.

I didn't see it... I've got a niece getting married this coming Saturday and everybody in the family has been working like a mad man to get'er done. I might just offer my daughter, when the time comes... 10K to just elope! JK...

I'd like to see that. In the USA... There are work places that people are required to join the union and their dues are funneled to Democrats and they identify with conservatives...

I too would like to see the money spent on political campaigns curtailed. But, I don't see how you can do that... It is a violation of free speech to tell an individual they cannot spend their own money campaigning for a particular candidate.

I didn't see it... I've got a niece getting married this coming Saturday and everybody in the family has been working like a mad man to get'er done. I might just offer my daughter, when the time comes... 10K to just elope! JK...

I'd like to see that. In the USA... There are work places that people are required to join the union and their dues are funneled to Democrats and they identify with conservatives...

I too would like to see the money spent on political campaigns curtailed. But, I don't see how you can do that... It is a violation of free speech to tell an individual they cannot spend their own money campaigning for a particular candidate.
Good luck on the wedding, Both of my children have been married twice, and I told them I did not want to attend another wedding.

Good luck on the wedding, Both of my children have been married twice, and I told them I did not want to attend another wedding.
The wedding is the day after tomorrow.

Both of my kids are still in college... I just hope I live long enough to see them get marriage. My original goal was to live long enough so that my grandkids will remember me. Don't think I'm gonna make it that far.

The wedding is the day after tomorrow.

Both of my kids are still in college... I just hope I live long enough to see them get marriage. My original goal was to live long enough so that my grandkids will remember me. Don't think I'm gonna make it that far.
I hope you do see the grand kids.

Reactions: Ole Hambone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT