ADVERTISEMENT

I guess it is time to put the shovel of dirt on the grave,

bobhawg

Starter
Oct 27, 2002
It looks like the free boards are dead and I understand why. But at my age, I do not even want to read article after article on who may be offered, who may not, who may come, who may not, etc. etc. etc. But I understand why some cannot get enough of that kind of news and I was that way once myself. I may be the only one who misses the discussions we used to have on the Grim Bottom and I see why it was basically closed from the discussions. So I will check this site occasionally but expect to see even less if that is possible. So all I need to say I guess, is Go Hogs.

It looks like the free boards are dead and I understand why. But at my age, I do not even want to read article after article on who may be offered, who may not, who may come, who may not, etc. etc. etc. But I understand why some cannot get enough of that kind of news and I was that way once myself. I may be the only one who misses the discussions we used to have on the Grim Bottom and I see why it was basically closed from the discussions. So I will check this site occasionally but expect to see even less if that is possible. So all I need to say I guess, is Go Hogs.

I don't understand it. Why pay to post in forums when you can do it free? I know I'm mostly just around during football season since that's the only sport I've really been able to get into since childhood but it just makes no real sense to me to pay for something when there is a free option available. and I'm certainly not going to pay to post at an opponent's board that I'm only likely to visit the week of a game with them. Consumerism has conquered America for sure.

Well Count... there is a ton of activity on the Razor's Edge. And you get Danny West's and Trey Biddy's reports on practice, rumors, and recruiting... They answer questions about all sorts of topics. Maybe you and Bobhawg should try the one week free membership and see if you don't think it's worth the money.

I don't understand it. Why pay to post in forums when you can do it free? I know I'm mostly just around during football season since that's the only sport I've really been able to get into since childhood but it just makes no real sense to me to pay for something when there is a free option available. and I'm certainly not going to pay to post at an opponent's board that I'm only likely to visit the week of a game with them. Consumerism has conquered America for sure.

There are a few things that set us apart.

First, if you can find another Razorback coverage site that covers in-season team news, practices and games like we do, I will pay for your subscription to that site out of my own pocket. But I know what's out there and it doesn't exist. We'll have 200 pictures for a football practice. That's about 188 more than anyone else. This past spring, other well known media members got irritated at Trey and I because we charted plays and stats throughout a regular practice.

Yes, it's above and beyond and probably even unnecessary at times, but that's how we built the site to what it's become today: working harder than everyone else is willing to work. You'll go to practice and see a dozen reporters standing around laughing and talking, then you'll see Trey Biddy, Danny West and 1, sometimes 2 others, watching every move that's made. Then you go into the media room after practice and they stand back to let us ask the questions, because most didn't pay attention to what they just saw therefore they don't know what to ask. But they get upset at us for actually working hard. It's laughable.

Another thing that sets us apart is the in-depth recruiting coverage. Again, I'll pay for your subscription if you'll find me just one other who will answer rapid fire questions for 6 hours straight in a recruiting chat. I do it every week during heavy recruiting season. Not a knock on the other recruiting guys, because there's at least one who I know works just as hard as I do. I'm just saying, and our subscribers will back me on this because they've seen it, I stay up to 3-4 in the morning every single morning and sleep til about 8-9 every day. The rest of the time, I'll answer anything you've got for me, anytime of day. I do it because I know people pay for it and could get it for free elsewhere, but it's hard to find immediate detailed responses if you happen to have a question at 7 a.m. or midnight.

The other big thing, perhaps the best we have over anyone else, is the Razor's Edge. It's hard to describe, but it's a family of the most hardcore Razorback fans anywhere. They're almost sick, haha. You hear Drive Time Sports or other call-in shows who don't even know some Razorback players exist, but 90 percent of our board members could probably tell you the exact height, weight, forty time, bench max, hometown and last year's stats for each player on the roster. It's that way because they care just a little more about it, and we go overboard in covering every single thing about each player every single chance we get.

I'm not asking for subscriptions or bragging or anything here, I'm just telling you this to explain why our subscribers feel it's more than worth it. People think Houston Nutt's staff was good to us as far as sharing info and letting us "inside," it's twice as good for us right now and we appreciate that. I think it's because we've proven we can be trusted and I think they probably see the difference in our coverage versus others that you'll see out there.

Again, I'm not asking anyone to sign up here. I just feel obligated to explain things when people question why others do sign up. Thanks for your time!

Danny would it be possible to open Razor's Egde up on Wednesdays for about 8 hours for all people to see the info you guys put out. Call it Full Coverage Wednesdays, make it free for 8 to 5. Just asking.

Danny would it be possible to open Razor's Egde up on Wednesdays for about 8 hours for all people to see the info you guys put out. Call it Full Coverage Wednesdays, make it free for 8 to 5. Just asking.

It's physically (or should I say technically) impossible for us to do that, but I do have some ideas on getting more involved with The Hill and, like you're saying, just kind of giving a sample of what we do on the Edge. Whether it's spending X amount of time here and there to take questions or something, I think we can do something. Trey and I are always kicking around new ideas and willing to try different things, so I'll hit him up when he returns next week.

Appreciate you posting here.

bobhawg,
It's sad to see this board die, but no one seems to post here anymore. I guess it's the pay forum of nothing. I've been around for quite some time -- since Booth was running the forum (before it switched over the rivals IIRC). But with things really drying up here, I finally gave in and went over the Hogville.

I spend most of my time on Rivals Sound off. Most of the time it's informative and entertaining. I would spend more time here if there was more going on. I refuse to go to Hogville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT