ADVERTISEMENT

I Love Kentucky Fans....

ThreeHogNight

Letterman
May 17, 2002
....so much so that I have been married to one for almost 27 years. Your team may be one of the best ever, and your fans are amazingly supportive, but the almost constant complaining about officiating is really weak. You guys did not used to be like that.... maybe it is a new generation of "young entitlement fans", I don't know, I just know that your fan base is better than that.

This post was edited on 3/15 2:34 PM by ThreeHogNight

Sometime when you play a game your at a disadvantage you make up the difference by being a little more aggressive, That's not THUG ball as you put it, as I recall Rick Pitino use to do the same thing, and also maybe you need to be careful how you use the THUG.

Two of your players should have to sit the first game for throwing punches and the refs should be banned from calling SEC games ever again.Go back and watch the game.Arkansas played thug ball all game.

Tanker,
I watched every second of the game. Please show me where there were punches thrown. It wasn't on camera, no players, coaches, officials, or announcers saw the "punches" or mentioned it. It appears that only the Kentucky FANS saw it. Simply amazing.

This post was edited on 3/15 3:22 PM by ThreeHogNight

This post was edited on 3/15 3:25 PM by ThreeHogNight

Originally posted by M1 Tanker:
Two of your players should have to sit the first game for throwing punches and the refs should be banned from calling SEC games ever again.Go back and watch the game.Arkansas played thug ball all game.
I'm so GD sick of the term "Thug" being used to define opposing teams. Why don't you just say what you really want to say.

By the way, saw this gem tweeted last night from your board. Stay classy.

CAGEIzYWAAAecqV.png:large

Junkyard,

You nailed it......I was following that thread yesterday but was unable to chime in since I am still banned. It went on for about three pages and was still up earlier today.

It appears that a large sum of their fan base has turned into an extremely sensitive, entitlement group. It's a good thing for them that their players are tougher than their fans.

Reactions: JunkyardHawg
^IDK what tanker is talking about……. It was a very physical game. You guys lost and should have. We won and I do not think that in a 10 game series Arkansas would win more than 2 games.

ThreeHog……aside from having one of the coolest usernames in rivals history, you are being a little petty on judging the UK fans on this one. I suspect it comes from the early ban you got on our board which I am sorry that happened….. Don't let that poison your perception of UK fans. UK brings the fans and kinda take over a "neutral" site and I imagine that is annoying and probably not only to Arkansas fans…but to their players.

Ultimately though…… I think it is just sports fans being loud and supporting their team…..which we (UK fans) are very accustom to trying to field a competitive football team in the SEC.

Portis and Qualls were frustrated no doubt…..doesn't make them thugs or any of your team for that matter. You have a good team that I hope makes some noise in the dance. Good luck in the real tourney…..unless we meet again
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by DoyleHargrave1:
^IDK what tanker is talking about……. It was a very physical game. You guys lost and should have. We won and I do not think that in a 10 game series Arkansas would win more than 2 games.

ThreeHog……aside from having one of the coolest usernames in rivals history, you are being a little petty on judging the UK fans on this one. I suspect it comes from the early ban you got on our board which I am sorry that happened….. Don't let that poison your perception of UK fans. UK brings the fans and kinda take over a "neutral" site and I imagine that is annoying and probably not only to Arkansas fans…but to their players.

Ultimately though…… I think it is just sports fans being loud and supporting their team…..which we (UK fans) are very accustom to trying to field a competitive football team in the SEC.

Portis and Qualls were frustrated no doubt…..doesn't make them thugs or any of your team for that matter. You have a good team that I hope makes some noise in the dance. Good luck in the real tourney…..unless we meet again
wink.r191677.gif
Actually Doyle. I have deleted about 50 rude, profane, vile comments from this forum.. Kentucky fans griping and moaning about how thuggish Arkansas played...

I left the semi-rude comment up.

Doyle,

I love Kentucky Fans, but reading your board over the last several weeks has been a real eye opener for me. I don't know what it is, but your board lights up like a Christmas Tree when it is announced WHO the officials are for your game, and goes downhill from there once the games start. Why is that......bad calls go both ways, there isn't some sort of conspiracy.

Arkansas may not win one or two out of every ten this season, but the ball will still go in the air and it will played out on the court.

Agreed Three…… Like I said good luck in the tourney…. Also sorry about the bad comments and deleted posts form some posters.

Shows and Green have kinda had a reputation of calling poorly in our games…..I know it seems like crying especially when we have the team that we have this year and I understand that. I also think the fans on Finebaum that called in before the first game chest thumping and questioning our team before that game and after calling for a rematch fueled the fire.

Ultimately it is good for SEC hoops that we got a little bitter towards one another……LSU gonna be tough soon also. Go Cats!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

The ONLY issue I have with officials in the SEC is how they call fouls on our interior guys. It's almost as if since we have more and they're bigger, they should be OK with having ticky tack fouls called on them, while the other teams bigs just hammer ours. Towns gets more bad calls than anyone this side of Dakari Johnson. We get hit, grabbed, and pushed and no calls, we look at someone wrong and the whistle comes. The game was called OK, but the amount of contact UK's bigs get to administer isn't called the same as when someone drills us. The fouls called on how the guards played was fair and done well.

1. Nothing worse than people using the word "thug" over and over
2. The calls made all year in the SEC were not great
3. I hate when people complain and gripe at calls all the time
4. Portis should just say they got beat straight up. What else can you say?
5. I respect Arkansas and wish nothing but the best for your team in the NCAA tourney

This post was edited on 3/16 12:17 PM by MethodUK

Go watch the game and you will see Portis punch Towns in the face and Qualls come down with a fist on a layup against Stein.Both should have been called.

I don't post on RR; haven't in 4-5 years at least. Too crazy.... Too one sided .... Too many peeps

I do think some of the bitching some UK fans do over refereeing is due to young non-basketball experienced fans who aren't looking at both ends with a knowledgable enough eye. Our fanbase has a lot of very knowledgable bball fans, but we have ALOT more fans than those

Second, yelling during the games about officiating is a different matter. Ref's, in a perfect world, should ignore fans complaints about officiating - but when 20,000 fans yell that you got it wrong, maybe it affects their perception slightly later. That's a 6th man affect .... Term it home cooking, home court advantage, whatever, UK fans are going to bring it everywhere they can get into.....we unfortunately don't "bring it" for football like I'd like - but NOBODY brings it more in basketball.....

GL in the Dance, Hogs - go shock the SEC unbelievers

M1 Tanker....
Practice what you preach. I remember qualls standing under the goal fixing to get a rebound and was hit in the back by K towns, not just a hit....was pushed like 5 feet out of bounds. Was that not thug ball?
Poor Christian Laettner. The guy beats you with a last second shot and you guys have to stalk him like a bunch of crazy people....now it makes sense why you don't like Qualls, the last second dunk to beat you at our house. Cry me a river you psycho.
For you guys crying about our basketball team playing ruff, we could loan them for your football season, since your football team plays like a group of girls.

This post was edited on 3/17 2:14 PM by Me so hawgie

Originally posted by Me so hawgie:
M1 Tanker....
Practice what you preach. I remember qualls standing under the goal fixing to get a rebound and was hit in the back by K towns, not just a hit....was pushed like 5 feet out of bounds. Was that not thug ball?
Poor Christian Laettner. The guy beats you with a last second shot and you guys have to stalk him like a bunch of crazy people....now it makes sense why you don't like Qualls, the last second dunk to beat you at our house. Cry me a river you psycho. For you guys crying about our basketball team playing ruff, we could loan them for your football season, since your football team plays like a group of girls.

I watched Booker run up.. knock the defender backwards... then back up, receive the pass and shoot unobstructed.

Arkansas came in with a game plan to muck it up and foul. It's the only shot they really had. I am not complaining, but fans are always going to complain when they see their team hacked and slapped for 40 minutes. It helps though and I know Cal likes the practice.

Good luck.

I think they should change it to Kentucky Judd....since they show that skank more than their own mascot!

Originally posted by IrishPokerDog:
I don't post on RR; haven't in 4-5 years at least. Too crazy.... Too one sided .... Too many peeps

I do think some of the bitching some UK fans do over refereeing is due to young non-basketball experienced fans who aren't looking at both ends with a knowledgable enough eye. Our fanbase has a lot of very knowledgable bball fans, but we have ALOT more fans than those

Second, yelling during the games about officiating is a different matter. Ref's, in a perfect world, should ignore fans complaints about officiating - but when 20,000 fans yell that you got it wrong, maybe it affects their perception slightly later. That's a 6th man affect .... Term it home cooking, home court advantage, whatever, UK fans are going to bring it everywhere they can get into.....we unfortunately don't "bring it" for football like I'd like - but NOBODY brings it more in basketball.....

Clear case of a fake fan right here. I bet you've never been to Rupp, have no connection to Kentucky, and jumped on the bandwagon at one point in your life. What happened? Rafters piss you off an now you pick a new team?

Any real fan should completely disregard this kind of poster. Worst of the worst. I'm sure you hang around simply because you enjoy seeing your own self type.

Originally posted by .S&C.:

Clear case of a fake fan right here. I bet you've never been to Rupp, have no connection to Kentucky, and jumped on the bandwagon at one point in your life. What happened? Rafters piss you off an now you pick a new team?

Any real fan should completely disregard this kind of poster. Worst of the worst. I'm sure you hang around simply because you enjoy seeing your own self type.
Are you all serious over there with that Wofford thread? Solid gold how something gets misinterpreted on that board so quickly and folks just follow the pied piper.

JunkyardHawg,

I am beginning to believe that their board has been completely taken over by certified crazy people, similar to their crazy nut job celebrity fan Ashley Judd.

I particularly like the repeated comments about Razorback Basketball being irrelevant for the last 20 years, and even though it is true and holds merit, if I remember correctly, the Cats were eliminated in the first round of the NIT not too long ago.

I am not going to take the time to look up the records, but maybe the absolute hatred for Mike Anderson stems from several wins against Kentucky and Coach Calipari?

Who knows what the reasons are, maybe it is better that I am still blacklisted from there, since it is obvious that the "New Blue Cats" only want fans that admire the Kentucky Greatness and aren't interested in fun, spirited, comments along with opposing fans opinions and discussions.

Originally posted by ThreeHogNight:
JunkyardHawg,

I am beginning to believe that their board has been completely taken over by certified crazy people, similar to their crazy nut job celebrity fan Ashley Judd.

I particularly like the repeated comments about Razorback Basketball being irrelevant for the last 20 years, and even though it is true and holds merit, if I remember correctly, the Cats were eliminated in the first round of the NIT not too long ago.

I am not going to take the time to look up the records, but maybe the absolute hatred for Mike Anderson stems from several wins against Kentucky and Coach Calipari?

Who knows what the reasons are, maybe it is better that I am still blacklisted from there, since it is obvious that the "New Blue Cats" only want fans that admire the Kentucky Greatness and aren't interested in fun, spirited, comments along with opposing fans opinions and discussions.
Been posting over there for years. I'm done posting there though after the "Arkansas is the Ferguson of College Basketball" post. Gonna miss a lot of good folks over there, and there are some really good posters and Cat fans on that site but most of the board has become a bunch of sensitive, bleeding vagina's.

You are right....and that Ferguson thread went on for several pages and lasted into the next day, but my little fun-filled joking results in an immediate ban?

I hate to paint them all with such a broad brush, as I am sure that some of the good ones are still there, but the majority act like a bunch a wimps.

You are right....and that Ferguson thread went on for several pages and lasted into the next day, but my little fun-filled joking results in an immediate ban?

I hate to paint them all with such a broad brush, as I am sure that some of the good ones are still there, but the majority act like a bunch a wimps.
I know you aren't a message board regular but i think you should try a 7 day trial on the Razors Edge. You'd fit in well over there. UTRIP UMP and Sir Dennis Eaton-Hog made the switch and they are great additions. Love to see you posting over there.

Thanks for the compliment. I don't spend too much time on the boards anymore, but I will consider it. Down goes ISU, and ND barely got by.

GO HOGS.....survive and advance!

Thanks for the compliment. I don't spend too much time on the boards anymore, but I will consider it. Down goes ISU, and ND barely got by.

GO HOGS.....survive and advance!
I didn't have ISU going very far like most. It's March. GO HOGS GO!

Originally posted by .S&C.:

laugh.r191677.gif
You must be young to pull out the "You're a FAKE FAN!!!!" Crap. What a tool. I guarantee I've seen more UK basketball and football games and tournaments than you.....

The problem with Rafters, if you have any objective sense, is that it's overflowing with die-hard fans, sidewalk fans (like you probably are), and bandwagon jumpers. Most threads that are more than shallow discussion of how great UK is, fall off the first page in about 3 hours, hard to really have a lot of back and forth converse. And opposing fans have no room for going against the grain and posting anything more than sycophantic support threads or they get shouted down - boring

Hawg b-ball fans are generally a good sort; a shame to discourage SEC brethren from a little gamely interaction on our "RIVALS" boards.... It is called Rivals for a reason
wink.r191677.gif

I think they should change it to Kentucky Judd....since they show that skank more than their own mascot!
As a Cat fan I am hoping by this time next year she will be so busy trying to get Hillary and Bill back in the White House that she will leave our basketball team alone. Trust me not EVERY UK fan appreciates Judd or her publicity seeking face at our games. I wish the TV cameras would stay away from her. She is not a good person.

Originally posted by Count Hogula:

Neither are Hillary and Bill, we need to keep them as far from the White House as possible.
On this we can agree. Hillary and Bill do not represent the good people of Arkansas and Ashley Judd certainly does not represent the Kentuckians.

The nation has suffered enough with these types in power.

I remember you back in the days Irish Poker dog. I was Snoophoggyhog, on the old board.
Hey, what up SnoopHog?! Sorry about your Hogs; I had them getting to SW16 ..... It's good to see you all get some NCAA play time, you all will stay longer next year I believe

M1 Tanker....
Poor Christian Laettner. The guy beats you with a last second shot and you guys have to stalk him like a bunch of crazy people....now it makes sense why you don't like Qualls, the last second dunk to beat you at our house. Cry me a river you psycho.
For you guys crying about our basketball team playing ruff, we could loan them for your football season, since your football team plays like a group of girls.

UK leads the football series 5-3, so I hate to think what that makes of the Arkansas football program.

Junkyard,

You nailed it......I was following that thread yesterday but was unable to chime in since I am still banned. It went on for about three pages and was still up earlier today.

It appears that a large sum of their fan base has turned into an extremely sensitive, entitlement group. It's a good thing for them that their players are tougher than their fans.
7 years later bro and it's gotten even worse. Must be youngin's. They complain about officiating after every Loss and can never muster up the class to congratulate anyone on a win. Pretty pathetic. I have gone over there almost after everyone and congratulated them year after year. Feels very good having two in a row now.Muss is going to keep us at the top of the SEC for the next decade. No doubt in my mind so the ones that are classless are gonna have a lot of sleepless nights and for them, i will be laughing at 'em. For my UK friends, and i have hundreds that we would do anything if the other was in need, i'll continue to be civil with and show a ton of respect.

ADVERTISEMENT