ADVERTISEMENT

I'll quit defending AD Jeff Long so often when some on our bored

IMHO arguing over jeff longs motives, ethnicity, etc is IRRELEVANT ... he has killed this program put his OWN interests above this and future seasons .... git rid of him, re-hire Bobby!

grobertson, you are likely suffering "post-partem syndrome". I'm thinking the rest of the season off combined with several cases of good single malt Scotch and a change of scenery will get you ready for football by NSD in February, 2013.

Good luck, my son! Nobody ever said your Razorback affliction would be simple to shake..
wink.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 10/22 3:50 PM by Pigtrino 1

mike,

I could honestly care less where Jeff is from. I knew it would make some of you guys go crazy and it did. Just like Hendo when I called him out for not going to school at Arkansas. I could care less. I know that doesnt make him any less of a hog fan. I knew it would get under his skin and it did.

IMHO simply WIFM --- what's in it for me -- he fired Coach Petrino for sins committed to HIM, not for what was the best for this season, next season, the fans, the players,and the whole program.

Long put HIMSELF above the program and is saying "look at me -- look who I can hire" "he's BETTER than Petrino"

Additionally there are numerous other factors that can be cited but all are related to WIFM.

PS ... and it was BOBBY PETRINO that put butts in the seats and us in the top 5 NOT jeff long .......
This post was edited on 10/22 4:25 PM by grobertson

grobertson talks like the firing of Petrino was all AD Jeff Long's call, which it wasn't.

Originally posted by grobertson:
IMHO simply WIFM --- what's in it for me -- he fired Coach Petrino for sins committed to HIM, not for what was the best for this season, next season, the fans, the players,and the whole program.

Long put HIMSELF above the program and is saying "look at me -- look who I can hire" "he's BETTER than Petrino"

Additionally there are numerous other factors that can be cited but all are related to WIFM.

PS ... and it was BOBBY PETRINO that put butts in the seats and us in the top 5 NOT jeff long .......

This post was edited on 10/22 4:25 PM by grobertson
okay.

well this just reaffirms what most, myself included, already thought

It may not have been .... BUT he was the man who took responsibility for the decisions he made as BPs immediate supervisor, and in the end he had control of the outcome ..... yes I admit Coach Petrino had a hand in this issue by what he did but it was Jeff long that took the public action of terminating him.

In other words I understand the nuances involved, especially that Bobby screwed up here, but the bottom line is that it's jeff long who is responsible for the action HE HIMSELF took, IE firing Coach Petrino, and NOT looking for alternative solutions that would save the potential of this season.

...that would save the potential of this season.
This season was not going to be championship caliber. The defense is simply not where it needs to be to compete with Alabama, LSU, or (spit) Texas A&M.

How many Cotton Bowl trips would it take for Bobby to wear out his welcome?

Originally posted by Method Ham:

...that would save the potential of this season.
This season was not going to be championship caliber. The defense is simply not where it needs to be to compete with Alabama, LSU, or (spit) Texas A&M.

How many Cotton Bowl trips would it take for Bobby to wear out his welcome?
Looks like it took one by several reports.

Long is in charge of our game day atmosphere. IF he will hire a coach that will kick Long's arse and tell him he sucks at much of his job, then I will say he made a good hire

Gentlemen I would offer that the woes of the defense THIS season are a direct result of not having Coach Petrino in charge of HIS staff.

Originally posted by Pigtrino 1:
grobertson talks like the firing of Petrino was all AD Jeff Long's call, which it wasn't.
Pigrtrino 1, Jeff Long said it was his call to make on many occassions. Dr. Gearhart also said it was Jeff Long's call. So who is lying? BTW, I am not implying or saying you are, but somebody darn sure is because nobody can keep their story straight. "Facts" seem to change from day to day, week to week, and from interview to interview with some of these people.

University of Arkansas Chancellor G. David Gearhart tonight issued the following statement in response to the announcement of Coach Bobby Petrino's firing.

"This is a sad day for the University of Arkansas and Razorback sports. After a thorough review, Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Jeff Long has made his decision.

"Mr. Petrino's contract establishes a process by which he may have his termination decision reviewed. Under that process, the review would ultimately come to me for consideration and action.

"Given my role in the review process as Chancellor, I must decline further comment on today's announcement."

This post was edited on 10/22 10:03 PM by Pigasus22

Dr. Gearhart speaks

Pigasus...killing lies & squashing fabrication in the defense of all that is true & right"....

wonderwoman_zps6831e285.jpg

Many rumors and scenarious were spread after the firing. One that came from a source in Fayetteville close to the program said Petrino was offered a 3 or 4 game suspension then to come back and coach the remainder of the season and Petrino refused, not wanting to miss the Alabama game. Just one of the many rumors.

The U of A Fayetteville Chancellor, the President of the U of A System and a majority vote of the U of A Board of Trustees all supported the firing of Bobby Petrino...with cause.

Let's move on. Petrino isn't coming back and he will be very fortunate if he ever lands a head coach job anywhere near as good as the job he threw away at the University of Arkansas.
This post was edited on 10/23 9:16 AM by Pigtrino 1

That "BB's Pig Man" may be one of the more astute members of Razors Edge. Then again, he may not be. ;)

In hindsight the firing of BP and hiring of BB will be a good move .... not a bad days work for a pepsi drinking, livestock thieving, smug faced damnyankee.

Yep. Ole Ohioan and Hog AD Jeff Long knew what he was doing. Bielema has bailed Long out and Mike Anderson is icing on the AD Jeff Long cake. :)

IMHO arguing over jeff longs motives, ethnicity, etc is IRRELEVANT ... he has killed this program put his OWN interests above this and future seasons .... git rid of him, re-hire Bobby!

More true words were never spoken
+ 1,000
I'll have a 4 keg party at my Florida home the day that program destroying a-hole packs his bags. That day cannot come soon enough for me. Jeff Long has done nothing here but knee jerk fire the best Coach we've had in 50 years and promote his own career in the process.

In hindsight the firing of BP and hiring of BB will be a good move .... not a bad days work for a pepsi drinking, livestock thieving, smug faced damnyankee.

So replacing a coach taking us to a BCS Bowl and a top 5 ranking with a guy that's gone 17-20 in three years is a good move? Ok.
Personally I doubt Petrino would let bert hold a clipboard for him. Petrino has more X and O knowledge in his pinky than Bert has in his entire lard ass.

ADVERTISEMENT