ADVERTISEMENT

Jade Helm

geoffhog

Letterman
Nov 28, 2005
It has gotten my attention, but at the risk of sounding naive, I just can't believe all the conspiracy theories. I don't believe anyone is stupid enough to try that stuff right under our noses. I'm gonna go with what the military is saying until I have a reason to feel differently. Having said that, it's worth watching.

Reactions: smitty5
03_14_08_a_conspiracy_who_us_nawwww.jpg

If there was something real about to go down do you think the average Joe would know about it? No, no we would not. Jade Helm is nothing but a training exercise that will be harmless and will go mostly unknown to anyone in the area they are conducting it.

Now.... every nation has tyranized their own people throughout history. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The presidency has moved further from accountability in leaps and bounds over the past 20 years. No president has had the power Bush and Obama have yeilded since Lincoln in the civil war and FDR during WWII. Breaking the law for political gain without consequences has become the norm.

I fear that if this continues I will see in my life time a "civil justification" for nationalized control of not only the states but individual daily freedoms of every citizen. All it would take is popular support and a reason that passes the smell test and a president could pull the trigger with little ability for anyone to oppose them.

That's why I argue tooth and nail for 2nd amendment rights. if 100 M citizens took up arms, using the knowledge of their own land, no force would ever prevail against them.

People act like this type of thing would never happen, just ask 85+ year old French, British, German, and Italian citizens if it can happen. Find a WWII vet and ask if it can happen. Ask Armenians if it can happen. Ask Ukranians if it can hapen. WWII survivors are still breathing air and we act as if it is ancient history. Well the problem with history is, it repeats itself quite often.

Last edited:
If it were something real about to go down do you think the average Joe would know about it? No, no we would not. Now.... every nation has tyranized their own people throighout history. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The presidency has moved further from accountability in leaps and bounds over the past 20 years. No president has had the power Bush and Obama have yeilded since Lincoln in the civil war and FDR during WWII. Breaking the law for political gain without consequences has become the norm.

I fear that if this continues I will see in my life time a "civil justification" for nationalized control of not only the states but individual daily freedoms of every citizen. All it would take is popular support and a reason that passes the smell test and a president could pull the trigger with little ability for anyone to oppose them.

That's why I argue tooth and nail for 2nd amendment rights. if 100 M citizens took up arms, using the knowledge of their own land, no force would ever prevail against them.

People act like this type of thing would never happen, just ask 85+ year old French, British, German, and Italian citizens if it can happen. Find a WWII vet and ask if it can happen. Ask Armenians if it can happen. Ask Ukranians if it can hapen. WWII survivors are still breathing air and we act as if it is ancient history. Well the problem with history is, it repeats itself quite often.
Pay attention to it but not freak out over it. There are many web sites promoting one conspiracy or another. Our elected representatives choose to gain political advantage rather than a candid evaluation. That's enough from me. See ya on the GB.

Now I am sure, the sky really is falling. OMG I think I will just stay under the bed.

Reactions: Danny West
boopl looks like someone that would know!
That won't stop the "False Flag" alarmists that actually buy into this garbage though. I read where some of these "patriots" were trying to connect the closure of the 5 Wal-Mart stores (2 in TX, 1 in OK, 1 in FL, and 1 in CA) to this - suggesting that there was an extensive tunnel system under the stores that the military would move troops, tanks, supplies, and equipment through; and that the closed Wal-Marts would serve as FEMA ran detention camps to detain citizens that violated the martial law that would be coming during the elections.

I just don't have the words for this...only...WOW!!!

It is a multi-unit exercise with both conventional and special operations forces. This is a yearly event, just has a few more units involved this year and will occur across four states.
I am now retired, but we were running exercises like this as far back as '87. Oddly enough in no instance did the military ever take over a state in said excercises. There is ALWAYS going to some kind of conspiracy going.....

Reactions: Hog6
That won't stop the "False Flag" alarmists that actually buy into this garbage though. I read where some of these "patriots" were trying to connect the closure of the 5 Wal-Mart stores (2 in TX, 1 in OK, 1 in FL, and 1 in CA) to this - suggesting that there was an extensive tunnel system under the stores that the military would move troops, tanks, supplies, and equipment through; and that the closed Wal-Marts would serve as FEMA ran detention camps to detain citizens that violated the martial law that would be coming during the elections.

Wow is right, I wish I had that much creativity.

This is another one that mystifies me. I worked at FEMA for twenty years before my retirement a couple of years ago and I can tell you emphatically that we don't have any secret concentration camps, and we don't have the authority to declare or enforce martial law. People are just nuts!

Former S2/3 (planning and ops) at battalion and brigade level here. Over many, many years we would take civilian maps and turn portions of them into "opposing forces" territory ....just so we could exercise on that terrain and have accurate maps. The stuff in Texas is no different than the military has done for generations. Good grief and I'm a pretty conservative guy. Lots of exercises under my belt to include some "Flintlock" series. There is nothing in this.

Reactions: c4life72404
Depending on when you were in and where you were stationed there is a good chance we may have worked together. I worked with S2 at both Ft. Ord and Ft. Carson.

By now your name and particulars have been fed into every laptop, desktop, mainframe and supermarket scanner that collectively make up the global information conspiracy, otherwise known as "The Beast."

OP no offense ment to you personally .... but it never ceases to amaze me how naive the "Fox News" crowd is. They just now seem to see something sinister under every rock but still follow the Dear Leader's plan to the letter.

FYI .... It has already happened and a LONG time ago -- way too late to do or say anything now.

All I can do now is just dream that my GG-Grandfather had been a better shot.

An additional thought .... Paul you are so very right, this has been going on for years ... nothing to be worried about. But I do seem to recall another Illinois lawyer conducting an "exercise" in Charleston harbor some years past.

Last edited:
OP no offense ment to you personally .... but it never ceases to amaze me how naive the "Fox News" crowd is. They just now seem to see something sinister under every rock but still follow the Dear Leader's plan to the letter.

FYI .... It has already happened and a LONG time ago -- way too late to do or say anything now.

All I can do now is just dream that my GG-Grandfather had been a better shot.
Why is this all of a sudden a conservative thing? While I tend to be a constitutionalist, I'd be labeled as conservative by most....and believe none of this silly crap. Conspiracies aren't exclusive to party affiliation, man. Liberals have had plenty doozies of their own. The idea that Bush planned 9/11 was pretty awesome...

Point is, there will always be people that devise conspiracy theories...they've been around throughout history.

Reactions: titanhawg
People are funny.

Quick story about "covert training" in cities in the US...

We were doing some pre deployment training in Columbia, SC (not far from Williams-Bryce actually). We were running through a simulation where basically the main objective was to go snatch some HVT's along with some other stuff mixed in. Well we start the "operation" and everything is going smooth and on schedule. Snatch the HVT's and completed some other tasks. We are headed back to "base" in our "convoy" of U-Haul trucks loaded with us (Marines) in the back. We came to a railroad crossing and the gates were down as a train was about to pass through. Well, as any operator on here will tell you, anytime your convoy makes an unexpected stop, you have to set up a perimeter and provide security.

We are sitting there in traffic and all of the sudden the back of these U-Haul doors fly open and Marines start pouring out and setting up a perimeter and scanning for threats in traditional combat gear. Everyone was pretty much terrified, but I'll never forget this young black guy in this lowered Buick with his bass booming. He shut off his music, sat up in his chair, put on his seat belt, and started freaking the eff out. We're all trying to keep our composure and our minds on the mission, but we couldn't help but bust out laughing at this poor guy. He had no idea what was going on, but he was trying like hell to get out of there.

Train passes by. We expeditiously load back up, shut the doors and move along like nothing just happened. It was phenomenal.

The main reason this kind of stuff can't happen here is the MEN/WOMEN in the uniforms. They are our brothers fathers sisters husbands and daughter. They aren't the mindless souless boots necessary for this to happen.

Reactions: Paul Loyd
It is a multi-unit exercise with both conventional and special operations forces. This is a yearly event, just has a few more units involved this year and will occur across four states.

Your profile picture gives me comfort. How can anyone not believe this guy? I mean, look at him. Lol.

In all seriousness thank you for your service.

Why is this all of a sudden a conservative thing? While I tend to be a constitutionalist, I'd be labeled as conservative by most....and believe none of this silly crap. Conspiracies aren't exclusive to party affiliation, man. Liberals have had plenty doozies of their own. The idea that Bush planned 9/11 was pretty awesome...

Point is, there will always be people that devise conspiracy theories...they've been around throughout history.
This certainly isn't the exclusive venue of conservatives but this is their show. All the parts in THIS play are filled by the right.

The main reason this kind of stuff can't happen here is the MEN/WOMEN in the uniforms. They are our brothers fathers sisters husbands and daughter. They aren't the mindless souless boots necessary for this to happen.

There is something about our military that differentiates them from those in the past that have oppressed their own people. Ours is diverse and reflective of our population. Past atrocities (for the most part) have been committed by one group against a different group...whether the Nazis versus the Jews, the Turks vs the Armenians, or the Hutus vs the Tutsis in Rwanda. If our military was asked to oppress any section of our society, a large portion of that same military would mutiny.

Reactions: NMHOGG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT