ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Collins

I never said other people were not a victim of crime. No need to put words in my mouth that were not there. You said it didn't happen and people on here couldn't name an incidence of it. I was targeted based on exactly where I was leaving a bar named Blakes by people that thought I'd be easy prey. That does not mean other people are not a victim of crime or that I don't care about theirs, I do. You seem very angry. Probably best we agree to disagree and move on.
it's a very polarizing belief. he won't get it nor will he try to

i'm actually surprised your'e still reading this thread. some of it is so infuriating.

Originally posted by NEastArkie:

Originally posted by rzrbk7777:

You are so full of political correct crap it is disgusting. Name all of the gay people you have seen bullied this year. You haven't. You live in a world where you do nothing but search for victims at every turn, and if you can't find any, you try to make people believe they are anyway. And anybody that doesn't run around wild-eyed looking for somebody for the libs to save from society must be a biggoted hater. You are nothing if not pretentious and predictable.

I seem to lack your dominant political correctness gene and therefore I don't really give a crap if I offend anybody of your ilk or not. For you to think I would try to hide my real beliefs behind political correctness shows a lack of awareness on your part, not deception on mine. I'm not a bit ashamed of I believe or how I came to believe it. It's not gays I find disgusting, it's folks like you that have this overwhelming need to make them victims so that you can get on a soapbox and cheerlead for their rights.
I don't recall having seen a gay person bullied this year, but I haven't seen anyone murdered this year, either. That doesn't mean neither event happens. They happen all the time. Only an idiot can't recognize how the world in general treats gays. It isn't "political correctness" to ask that people to treat everyone like human beings who are entitled to respect. What is predictable is that you are willing to belittle this as "politically correct." How sad.

You find everyone who disagrees with you or is different from you disgusting. Whether they're gay, Muslim, liberal...if they're different from you, they're disgusting to you. It isn't "political correctness" that you're hiding behind. You just won't admit how hateful you really are. You probably deny it to yourself as well.
No, I find you disgusting. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that the type of law you practice consists of finding victims of society and getting them on the government tit or something directly related to it. So do you profit from finding victims? I'm betting there is more to your politcal philsosophy than your moral code. Like money. Am I wrong?

You keep throwing out muslims so I'm gonna ask, do you have a clue about the faith you are championing? Do you even know that where sharia law is allowed unfettered, they actually kill teenaged rape victims for adultery? Brothers kill sisters and fathers kill or beat daughters or wives for acts we don't even think twice about here? Do you have any idea how gays are treated in countries where musilm law is the law of the land? They are at least as bad as the least tolerant groups on the planet. You think those who live here and share that faith don't know that? You are an educated idiot who is oblivious to what happens in the real world if it interferes with your quest to find victims to champion.

I believe what is my business is my business and what is your business is your business. If that makes me hateful to you, I don't give a rat's hairy ass. You want to tell me what I should believe, what I should accept, how I should act, and especially, where my money gets wasted in the name of fairness(by your definition). Everything you accuse me of, you are just as guilty of if not more b/c you have zero tolerance to anybody that doesn't cheerlead your causes, but especially those of us who dare to disagree. And like you said of me, you won't dare admit how hateful you really are.

Originally posted by Mrs.Whiskey:

I never said other people were not a victim of crime. No need to put words in my mouth that were not there. You said it didn't happen and people on here couldn't name an incidence of it. I was targeted based on exactly where I was leaving a bar named Blakes by people that thought I'd be easy prey. That does not mean other people are not a victim of crime or that I don't care about theirs, I do. You seem very angry. Probably best we agree to disagree and move on.

i'm actually surprised your'e still reading this thread. some of it is so infuriating.
I find it interesting. Appropriately now on the Grim Bottom. I have always been the kind of "gay" that this guy says he likes, the quiet one. My thinking has "evolved". I'm not interested in leading any parade. But if you sit idly by and say nothing when people espouse nonsense and don't stick up for yourself, you really cannot begrudge others for not sticking up for you. Realistically, Collins probably just has a year or two left, he's been there for 12 years. But I appreciate what he's doing. Specifically, he's saving someone's or several someone's lives. No, I can't name them. But I've seen too many like me take their lives. Somewhere in some state right now is a young african american kid who's tormented to the point of suicide; he doesn't know what to do, or if life is worth living. I've been there. Seeing this guy on SI may make him feel like there is a place in this world for him. I hope it does. I hope some day soon there will be no reason for this to even be a story. I'd much rather people like or dislike me because I call the Hogs louder than anyone they have heard and to not care about a damn other thing about me.

that deserves a looooouuuud WOO PIG MF SOOIE!!!!!
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by AtlantaRazorback:

I find it interesting. Appropriately now on the Grim Bottom. I have always been the kind of "gay" that this guy says he likes, the quiet one. My thinking has "evolved". I'm not interested in leading any parade. But if you sit idly by and say nothing when people espouse nonsense and don't stick up for yourself, you really cannot begrudge others for not sticking up for you. Realistically, Collins probably just has a year or two left, he's been there for 12 years. But I appreciate what he's doing. Specifically, he's saving someone's or several someone's lives. No, I can't name them. But I've seen too many like me take their lives. Somewhere in some state right now is a young african american kid who's tormented to the point of suicide; he doesn't know what to do, or if life is worth living. I've been there. Seeing this guy on SI may make him feel like there is a place in this world for him. I hope it does. I hope some day soon there will be no reason for this to even be a story. I'd much rather people like or dislike me because I call the Hogs louder than anyone they have heard and to not care about a damn other thing about me.
Fantastic post. I am just now able to get to a real computer. My best friend growing up came out to me when we were juniors in high school. He didn't know what to do. His dad and step-mom were both beating him because of it, and I used to go pick him up from his house at some ridiculous hour to take him somewhere safe to sleep. When kids at school found out, (and this was in deep south Arkansas) it didn't take long for the 'necks to start vandalizing his house, vehicle, locker, etc... A lot of people condemned him and cut him out of their lives altogether. Soon after that his step-mom died, and his dad blamed it on him. It got real bad. This went on for about a year in high school, and before he came out, he was one of the most popular kids in school. I know people that had it much worse.

This is absolutely a big deal. Arguing otherwise just proves you're an fvck. And before I get any "damn liberal" bullshit from you "human beings," I'm a libertarian that would just assume give all your tax dollars back and become an isolationist country, so spare me.

Great post, man. I'm straight and I've never had a close friend or relative come out, but I imagine that coming to terms with it and trying to relate your feelings to the people you care about has to be a struggle for everyone that goes through it. Guys like the ones on here spewing hatred are dying off like dinosaurs, and it's only a matter of time until kids don't have to grow up questioning their worth simply because their sexual feelings aren't the same as the people they look up to, starting with their parents/guardians but certainly extending to professional athletes, who compete in such a macho world.

Respect.

No, I find you disgusting. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that the type of law you practice consists of finding victims of society and getting them on the government tit or something directly related to it. So do you profit from finding victims? I'm betting there is more to your politcal philsosophy than your moral code. Like money. Am I wrong?

You keep throwing out muslims so I'm gonna ask, do you have a clue about the faith you are championing? Do you even know that where sharia law is allowed unfettered, they actually kill teenaged rape victims for adultery? Brothers kill sisters and fathers kill or beat daughters or wives for acts we don't even think twice about here? Do you have any idea how gays are treated in countries where musilm law is the law of the land? They are at least as bad as the least tolerant groups on the planet. You think those who live here and share that faith don't know that? You are an educated idiot who is oblivious to what happens in the real world if it interferes with your quest to find victims to champion.

I believe what is my business is my business and what is your business is your business. If that makes me hateful to you, I don't give a rat's hairy ass. You want to tell me what I should believe, what I should accept, how I should act, and especially, where my money gets wasted in the name of fairness(by your definition). Everything you accuse me of, you are just as guilty of if not more b/c you have zero tolerance to anybody that doesn't cheerlead your causes, but especially those of us who dare to disagree. And like you said of me, you won't dare admit how hateful you really are.
I don't try to "find" victims anywhere. I represent people who I believe I can help. I make a very good living doing it. Sorta like every other professional--whether in medicine, teaching, accounting, or preaching. However, if money were my driving force I wouldn't favor universal single-payer healthcare. I make much more out of the status quo than I'd make if we went to a Medicare for everybody system.

As far as the Muslim faith, I'd say I'm reasonably well-informed about it. And of course I know about the oppressive Muslim gov'ts around the world. The U.S. is in no danger of ever becoming an Islamic Republic under Sharia law. Just as it's in no danger of becoming a Jewish gov't under Old Testament law. I don't think there's really much danger of it becoming a Christian theocracy, either, but there are some right wing nut jobs who'd like to make it one. Lord knows we've passed some terrible laws in this country under the name of Christianity. To my knowledge we've never passed one we thought was based upon Sharia law.

I don't care what you accept or not, believe or not. I've just notice how bitter, angry & hateful you are. Apparently others have noticed it, too. And, no, I'm not hateful, but I do not like hatefulness toward others. You're hateful in spades. Fortunately, most conservatives I know aren't so hateful.

I don't try to "find" victims anywhere. I represent people who I believe I can help. I make a very good living doing it. Sorta like every other professional--whether in medicine, teaching, accounting, or preaching. However, if money were my driving force I wouldn't favor universal single-payer healthcare. I make much more out of the status quo than I'd make if we went to a Medicare for everybody system.

As far as the Muslim faith, I'd say I'm reasonably well-informed about it. And of course I know about the oppressive Muslim gov'ts around the world. The U.S. is in no danger of ever becoming an Islamic Republic under Sharia law. Just as it's in no danger of becoming a Jewish gov't under Old Testament law. I don't think there's really much danger of it becoming a Christian theocracy, either, but there are some right wing nut jobs who'd like to make it one. Lord knows we've passed some terrible laws in this country under the name of Christianity. To my knowledge we've never passed one we thought was based upon Sharia law.

I don't care what you accept or not, believe or not. I've just notice how bitter, angry & hateful you are. Apparently others have noticed it, too. And, no, I'm not hateful, but I do not like hatefulness toward others. You're hateful in spades. Fortunately, most conservatives I know aren't so hateful.
Yeah, you do find victims everywhere. I figured you made money off of it. I bet you take every deduction you can find at tax time too while simultaneously calling for more taxes don't you?

On the muslim stuff as it pertains to the USA, you are right as of now, we are not in any danger of going to sharia law which is why they keep doing terrorist acts over here. You like to minimalize the acts of muslims throughout the world and you especially like to throw other faiths out there as if that somehow makes them all the same. It does not. You pretend that the real muslim faith is not practiced by those who practice it w/o restraints though you have to know that sharia law is a key ingredient to the faith. As I said in another thread, whenever the radical muslims kill innocents in our country, the silence of the muslim leaders in our country is deafening.

Hater, bitter, angry, exactly what I knew you would label me as. That's the lib battlecry. In truth, I bet I piss you off far worse than you've ever pissed me off. I find you and your well defined system of label and deflect pretty dang entertaining. I sense you don't feel nearly as entertained by me.

Yeah, you do find victims everywhere. I figured you made money off of it. I bet you take every deduction you can find at tax time too while simultaneously calling for more taxes don't you?

On the muslim stuff as it pertains to the USA, you are right as of now, we are not in any danger of going to sharia law which is why they keep doing terrorist acts over here. You like to minimalize the acts of muslims throughout the world and you especially like to throw other faiths out there as if that somehow makes them all the same. It does not. You pretend that the real muslim faith is not practiced by those who practice it w/o restraints though you have to know that sharia law is a key ingredient to the faith. As I said in another thread, whenever the radical muslims kill innocents in our country, the silence of the muslim leaders in our country is deafening.

Hater, bitter, angry, exactly what I knew you would label me as. That's the lib battlecry. In truth, I bet I piss you off far worse than you've ever pissed me off. I find you and your well defined system of label and deflect pretty dang entertaining. I sense you don't feel nearly as entertained by me.
I don't minimize any terrorist act. It's just that I don't blame a whole group of people for what a radical segment of their group does. I don't blame Christians for the KKK and don't blame Baptists for the Westboro Baptist Church. I don't blame Japanese Americans for Pearl Harbor or Jews for killing Christ.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you really don't piss me off. I just think you're bitter. It's pretty obvious. You seem to project your own defects on others.

I don't minimize any terrorist act. It's just that I don't blame a whole group of people for what a radical segment of their group does. I don't blame Christians for the KKK and don't blame Baptists for the Westboro Baptist Church. I don't blame Japanese Americans for Pearl Harbor or Jews for killing Christ.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you really don't piss me off. I just think you're bitter. It's pretty obvious. You seem to project your own defects on others.
I saw a documentary just last night on the KKK that said there are around 5000 of them nationwide. Heck half the private clubs in NWA have more members than they do. The westboro bunch, 13 maybe. The Japanese that bombed Pearl Harbor are either dead or very old and the Jews that killed Jesus have been dead for nearly 2000 years. You keep comparing groups that are no longer alive or are tiny, tiny fractions of the world to a faith that pretty much runs the Middle East and has it's fingerprints on lives throughout the world as if that somehow makes them all the same. Really, really a bad job of deflecting responsibility there. And you never ever come out with a counter to the lack of outcry from the muslim leadership whenever an act of terrorism is committed in the name of Allah. Why not?

You haven't disappointed me. I know the truth. I really really piss you off. You can admit it, you have bitterness and hatred for me(this is where you throw out the holier than thou" you feel sorry for me" BS) even though if you admit it, it makes you hypocritical of your own PC value system. You libs are so easily trapped in your own webs of political correctness.

There have been many Muslim leaders speaking out against terrorism. Here's just one article. http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-04-19/national/38669385_1_islamic-society-cair-boston-marathon.

You must think if you don't see or hear something it isn't there. You said the same thing about people bullying gays. Do you never read? You must get your news from Fox.

Sorry pal. No matter how badly you want me to hate you, I don't. I feel sorry for you. Heck, you are complaining over on the edge that nobody mentioned you as a "least favorite poster." You must have problems beyond the obvious ones. Get help.

Hell call me a bigot as I can't understand it at all. I don't really give a damn what they do in private, however if they are going to be in the showers with me then I sure as hell am going to be concerned.

How many guy's on here wouldn't love to be able to shower with the women in a female locker room?. IMO that is the pressing question that no-one seems to address.

It is a "team" sport and if they have the same feelings as a straight guy would in the female showers then nope I for one would not feel good about that at all.

Do we make separate locker rooms for Gay's?.

I don't understand it but like I said what they do behind closed doors is up to them, however this is NOT behind closed doors but rather in the same shower as a person they might be attracted to.

Originally posted by RazorbackDundee:
Hell call me a bigot as I can't understand it at all. I don't really give a damn what they do in private, however if they are going to be in the showers with me then I sure as hell am going to be concerned.

How many guy's on here wouldn't love to be able to shower with the women in a female locker room?. IMO that is the pressing question that no-one seems to address.

It is a "team" sport and if they have the same feelings as a straight guy would in the female showers then nope I for one would not feel good about that at all.

I don't understand it but like I said what they do behind closed doors is up to them, however this is NOT behind closed doors but rather in the same shower as a person they might be attracted to.
To the young masses, YES, it makes you a bigot. To me it makes you a common person with honest questions who doesnt HATE anyone. But the way of the modern world is apparently you MUST be either COMPLETELY for or against. So therefore since neither of us is leading a parade anytime soon we are bigot gay haters that should be locked up for even asking a question at all or defending others questions......just as we would defend the questions of those in the GLBT community.

Despite common assumptions, there are no federal statutes that protect gays and lesbian from being fired for being gay, and there are 29 states, including Arkansas, where it is not only legal to fire them , but also to deny them housing, service, or support. There is legislation,the Employment Non Discrimination Act, which was first introduced in 1994 that has been caught up in federal legislative committees for years to end discrimination against gays in the workplace, but has never even been brought up for a vote. Yes, it is a big deal for people like Jason Collins to come out , not only to support other gays who live in fear of being outed, but also to let society see who are being affected by our archaic and discriminatory laws. Yes , you do have the right to express your opinions and judgements about gays, but do you really want to deny law abiding citizens, co-workers, friends , and family members who may be gay, the same basis rights that you take for granted?
There have been athletes in every sport and every era who were gay, even among our beloved Razorbacks. You would be shocked to find out who some of them have been. It's funny that some straight men worry about sharing locker rooms with gays , because you already do , and the vast majority of them do not look at you as a sexual object. There are research studies that show that straight men are much more interested in checking out others penises than gays, probably from a primitive desire to size up the competition. The gay man is more likely to divert their gaze and avoid any possible perception that they are looking at someone else.
I have never wanted anyone to define me by my sexuality, and do not make it an issue, but if you do know me,you will know that while I am gay, there is so much more to who I am, and that the things most important to me are my faith, my family, my friends, and my service for others.
I do not judge or are affected by those who choose to condemn me for my orientation, but I do pray that you find that inner Christ in yourself not to do so.
I am also not usually as serious as this all sounds , and am a regular guy , who loves sports , especially the Razorbacks, the outdoors, and being a wingman for my straight guy friends trying to meet girls!

I can understand you feeling uncomfortable under those circumstances, but more likely than not you've already been in the showers with gay men. Remember, Collins didn't suddenly become gay. He's been that way the whole time he was in the NBA. Like so many things, it's a matter of getting used to. Men, gay & straight, are used to seeing other men in the shower. If women started walking around naked we'd probably get used to that pretty quickly, too.

There have been many Muslim leaders speaking out against terrorism. Here's just one article. http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-04-19/national/38669385_1_islamic-society-cair-boston-marathon.

You must think if you don't see or hear something it isn't there. You said the same thing about people bullying gays. Do you never read? You must get your news from Fox.

Sorry pal. No matter how badly you want me to hate you, I don't. I feel sorry for you. Heck, you are complaining over on the edge that nobody mentioned you as a "least favorite poster." You must have problems beyond the obvious ones. Get help.
An article???? In the Washington Post no less. And b/c I don't read the WP I'm an illiterate rube? As a kid in the 60's, we had no cable, no internet, and one TV in our house with e channels on it. And zero interest in the news. Yet somehow, someway, I vividly remember civil rights marches, Vietnam protests and the war that went with those protests, both Kennedy assassinations, theMLK assassination, the moon landing, Watergate, Jim Jones, etc.

These days with all of the near countless ways to keep up with anything happening anywhere, I have heard plenty about the 13 person Westboro bunch, the kid killing moms, global warming, Romney's tax rate, Sandy Hook, Obama's 100k a year dog sitter,same sex marriage, the various terrorist attacks, illegal immigration, the ever growing deficit, abortion rights, gun control, and on and on and on.

Yet you want me to believe that I'm just not looking hard enough for muslims speaking out on terrorism and I'm ignorant to not believe it just b/c I don't see it or hear it. Do you even know how lame that sounds? The muslim faction is 1.4 billion people, millions in our country alone. We have had the WTC attacked twice in the name of Allah, a mass shooting at Ft Hood, bombings in Boston, the USS Cole, embassies throughout the world attacked, wars fought, planes hijacked, muslim women and children beaten, killed, and tortured through sharia law, and basically people being killed daily somewhere all in the name of Allah, by what you repeatedly term as a small group of radicals within a peace loving faith. And I have to search the net to find resistance to that from the peace loving majority of over a billion people? Are you on drugs? A mass of people over a billion strong is having their names and their faith tainted by a small group of renegades and it's been going on for decades and they aren't marching in the streets to stop it? They aren't joining actively with the civilized world to get rid of these guys? And if they are it isn't news worthy enough for rubes like me to have heard it? And you call me ignorant? You are either dumber than a rock and too educated to know it or you are dishonest. I'm not sure which way to lean at this point. If the "peaceful muslims" were trying to stop their lunatic fringe it would be beyond obvious to the world and on the news somewhere almost daily. Duh.

And you call me pal when we both know we aren't pals? I've only seen the term pal used two ways in my life, the first when addressing a real pal, and the other as an emotional way of showing disgust w/o using dirty words. I think it's pretty safe to figure you used the latter......Which means.... I piss you off. And I can't believe you used the PC copout term of "you feel sorry for me" in direct response to me telling you you would. You are soooo out of new material.

And you throw out HRS's lighthearted thread on name your least favorite poster as evidence that I'm sick and disturbed for not being a socialist fraud like you? Did it fly over you that that entire thread was meant as a fun way of passing time and I was just going along with the joke? Do you really think I was hurt and upset b/c tcoach named pokerpig instead of me? Your sense of humor sucks.

You said no Muslim leaders had spoken out against terrorism. I linked an article as proof they have. If you think the Washington Post is making it up, I doubt you'll accept any proof, but the Washington Times & other news outlets have similar articles.

The rest of your rant is just that. Another one of your rants. Yep. You're angry, bitter & hateful. Too many of your posts reveal that about you. Get professional help.

You said no Muslim leaders had spoken out against terrorism. I linked an article as proof they have. If you think the Washington Post is making it up, I doubt you'll accept any proof, but the Washington Times & other news outlets have similar articles.

The rest of your rant is just that. Another one of your rants. Yep. You're angry, bitter & hateful. Too many of your posts reveal that about you. Get professional help.
You can talk your circles all you want, but you know damned well the muslim nation worldwide sits quietly by as murder and torture goes on in the name of their faith. You can throw up left wing fluff stories til you die and it won't change the truth. A billion plus people could stop anything if they wanted to. After decades of the same old deadly stuff, it is quite obvious they don't.

If finding you to be a pompous fraud who is quite willing to bankrupt our country as long as it lines your seedy pockets makes me bitter, angry, and hateful in your eyes, guilty as charged. Go get yourself some help or at least figure out which of your two faces you want to keep.

I've always kept to myself about my sexuality. But after seeing a poster type:

"Name all of the gay people you have seen bullied this year. You haven't. You live in a world where you do nothing but search for victims at every turn, and if you can't find any, you try to make people believe they are anyway".

spare me. I'm gay. I don't want or give a damn whether you like me or not for it. I don't seek anything you don't have and take for granted. But I have been mugged and beaten in my past. I don't fit the stereotype either, I kicked the crap out of one guy who was stupid enough to attack me by himself. All I was doing was having a beer with friends and walking to my car. MANY of my friends have endured the same as me and much worse. I applaud this guy for coming out because I have seen too many young gays take their own lives; i've seen too many turn to drugs and alcohol. If you don't walk in someone's shoes, you can't speak for their experiences.

As for the other commentary about incest, animals, it is not worth my time. I'm hardly now, nor have I once ever seeked attention here or elsewhere. But I do believe in the saying "if you won't stick up for yourself, how can you possibly expect someone else to" mode of thinking.
I am in noway talking about animals or what other shit he said but since you are Gay could you please answer this one question for me please.

Do you find men physically attractive (like I would see a woman) or is it more of an emotional type thing?. That is the one and only question I have tried to ask and recieved Zip/nada/zilch . I honestly don't give a ratz arse what people do in their own homes and I sure wouldn't care if they were straight or gay if I played football/BBall with or against them.

I do question the locker room/ showering type situation though. It is prolly my deviant mind lol but if it was all P.C. for me to shower with the girls I was in college with then I KNOW I would look and enjoy doing it. Would that be the same for a gay male in a NBA or NFL locker room?.

"Name all of the gay people you have seen bullied this year. You haven't. You live in a world where you do nothing but search for victims at every turn, and if you can't find any, you try to make people believe they are anyway".

spare me. I'm gay. I don't want or give a damn whether you like me or not for it. I don't seek anything you don't have and take for granted. But I have been mugged and beaten in my past. I don't fit the stereotype either, I kicked the crap out of one guy who was stupid enough to attack me by himself. All I was doing was having a beer with friends and walking to my car. MANY of my friends have endured the same as me and much worse. I applaud this guy for coming out because I have seen too many young gays take their own lives; i've seen too many turn to drugs and alcohol. If you don't walk in someone's shoes, you can't speak for their experiences.

As for the other commentary about incest, animals, it is not worth my time. I'm hardly now, nor have I once ever seeked attention here or elsewhere. But I do believe in the saying "if you won't stick up for yourself, how can you possibly expect someone else to" mode of thinking.
I am in noway talking about animals or what other shit he said but since you are Gay could you please answer this one question for me please.

Do you find men physically attractive (like I would see a woman) or is it more of an emotional type thing?. That is the one and only question I have tried to ask and recieved Zip/nada/zilch . I honestly don't give a ratz arse what people do in their own homes and I sure wouldn't care if they were straight or gay if I played football/BBall with or against them.

I do question the locker room/ showering type situation though. It is prolly my deviant mind lol but if it was all P.C. for me to shower with the girls I was in college with then I KNOW I would look and enjoy doing it. Would that be the same for a gay male in a NBA or NFL locker room?.
I go to the gym every day; I don't cruise other men there. It's just something you get used to. If you were around naked women all the time at the gym, the novelty of it would wear off quickly. I'm happily partnered, I can't speak for everyone that is gay, nor was I trying to. For me, I just don't emotionally or physically have any interest in any woman. I never have; I tried to date them. I'm with my partner, and soon to be spouse because of a lot more than physical interest. We just click and I love him. My biggest challenge is that he's an AU grad and just as Auburn obsessed as I am Razorback obsessed. There are worse problems.

Not sure if that answers your questions, but I tried. I have never understood guys talking about showers. If that was an honest question, I tried. Usually, it's a red herring to promote or justify discomfort from others. Not saying you because I don't know you, but I've heard that thrown around probably a hundred times; it's never once been by anyone I'd look at twice.

I go to the gym every day; I don't cruise other men there. It's just something you get used to. If you were around naked women all the time at the gym, the novelty of it would wear off quickly. I'm happily partnered, I can't speak for everyone that is gay, nor was I trying to. For me, I just don't emotionally or physically have any interest in any woman. I never have; I tried to date them. I'm with my partner, and soon to be spouse because of a lot more than physical interest. We just click and I love him. My biggest challenge is that he's an AU grad and just as Auburn obsessed as I am Razorback obsessed. There are worse problems.

Not sure if that answers your questions, but I tried. I have never understood guys talking about showers. If that was an honest question, I tried. Usually, it's a red herring to promote or justify discomfort from others. Not saying you because I don't know you, but I've heard that thrown around probably a hundred times; it's never once been by anyone I'd look at twice.
No Sir it was 110% an honest question as I have no idea whatsoever. I was not at all asking your about interest in women but rather stating MINE lol . I was wondering if it was similar to what a gay guy would feel around other men?.

Now I re-read it is a double edged sword lol. O.K. straight up (100% honest question from hog fan to hog fan) do you find other guy's "physically" attractive? ie not a lover/spouse/boyfriend etc but just another guy you may or may not know?.

Damn this is harder thenI thought lol. no wonder no-one wants to ask it.

I swear this is an innocent question that I have never really seen asked nor answered . The second a guy asks if Gay person might get (insert word as I can't think of one lol) excited/umm pleased/ the same I would if I happened to be showering with females gets called a biggot or accused of living in the 19 century etc.

Hell if it isn't asked and answered then how is one supposed to learn and understand?.

This post was edited on 4/30 7:31 PM by RazorbackDundee

It really is the same thing. It's just the genders that are wither different or the same. Of course I notice if a guy is attractive, it's all I'm attracted to. I bet, if u have a wife or girlfriend, you notice a hot girl. You might get smacked if u comment too much but u do. If I see a hot guy, I notice; but I'd better not notice too much.

It really is the same thing. It's just the genders that are wither different or the same. Of course I notice if a guy is attractive, it's all I'm attracted to. I bet, if u have a wife or girlfriend, you notice a hot girl. You might get smacked if u comment too much but u do. If I see a hot guy, I notice; but I'd better not notice too much.
Thank you very much for your answer. You are correct I do get smacked sometimes , although not so much for commenting (as I know better lol) but sneaking a peak .

That is "THE" question about having a Gay guy on my team . I would have zero problem playing beside or against a Gay person as I would not have a problem having someone that was Gay as a good friend. However how does this relate back into the showers and locker room?.

I am pretty sure this is 99% my problem (or lack of understanding would prolly describe it better) however if I were to play beside or against some hot women it would be all business , I would not pay much attention at all.

If it was PC to go back to the same showers and the females showered with the males then that is a whole different story IMO.

Again tyvm for your time to answer to a somewhat (not bigoted) uninformed? person with an innocent but unanswered question. It is a question that should be addressed by the NBA/NFL/MLB etc etc and somehow they will have to make it where both Straight and Gay people are comfortable IMO. Hell maybe it is 100% on my part mental (or just culture) as I have seen many nude beaches etc. I just can't get that, if that is the case then why do we have separate showers/locker rooms for females?. Other then the fact that play in different leagues lol but you get what I mean I hope.
This post was edited on 4/30 9:50 PM by RazorbackDundee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT