ADVERTISEMENT

JoJo Robinson twee

Ignorant post... Must have been his first time shopping at SAMs club.

Guarantee you, that's what happened. Those people that check receipts will stop anyone at random. It's sad that some young black people think if they are questioned about anything, then it HAS to be racism.

I don't know how many times that's happened to me. I make a ghost look tan. My general wardrobe is usually described as "preppy" or "fratty".

But, yeah...racism...rabble, rabble, rabble.

Reactions: Hogmania
I have probably shopped at Wal Mart 1500 times and I have never been asked for a receipt. Best Buy yea but never Wal Mart.

Reactions: jmkeith02
Heres his latest:

"I need to start going out more b my IG is defleeked like a MF I be too ducked off"

...profound

Denver is the only player from down there that has not caused a ton of problems. Jury is still out on Floyd.

Reactions: Lolly Hog
Denver is the only player from down there that has not caused a ton of problems. Jury is still out on Floyd.
Alex hasn't caused a ton of problems. He may have slacked off on practice or something...but that doesn't make him a "ton of problems." Let's see how Graham, Merrick and Pulley do before we throw the baby out with the bath water.

Something is not right with Jo Jo? Love the kid and glad he is here. Can't wait to see what he can do! But...something is not right. The tweet alone can hurt recruiting.

He can tweet whatever he wants if he can create space and change the game with his yards after catch. Ok, not really, but I will care less and he'll get stopped in Wal-Mart less if he can do that, too.

Reactions: Chauvinist Pig
Been stopped several times at Walmart. At Sam's they stop you every time and look at your receipt and check it for what is your shopping basket. Last time I flew on an airplane, I got called out and patted down and rescanned. Do I have grounds for a lawsuit?

Reactions: lh22
I know JoJo makes some really bad moves on social media at times, but I'd be curious to know exactly what happened before commenting on it. I did see a post from another player's mother tonight that led me to believe her son had also experienced something racist tonight, so like I said I'd have to know all the details.

Kind of on the same topic, here's something that happened to me just yesterday at Lowe's:

I'm trying to plumb a bathroom sink at home and I have no idea what I'm doing, so I asked an employee (a white man who I would guess is in his 60s) for some help and he gave me a useful shortcut and it was exactly what I needed to finish the job.

He then said "Some might call it ------ rigged but it'll work." All I could come up with for a reply was, "Wow dude, you realize it's 2015 right?" He laughed and said, "Ohhh, come on now, I'm just being funny." I said, "I know, but if you say that to somebody who's married to a black person I bet they're not going to be as nice as I am. Appreciate the help though," and walked away. Been thinking all night if I let him off the hook too easy. If I report him, he probably loses his job and then we'd have one more capable, yet worthless, human being sitting at home and depending on those of us who are capable, respectable and hard-working. Just an old man who's stuck in his ways and will never change. Maybe the awkwardness of our exchange will teach him to at least not bring it to work with him.

Curious to know how some of y'all would have reacted to this. I'm a pretty laid-back, non-confrontational guy. I wish I wasn't so laid back at times. I've got friends, Trey for example, who will put anyone on blast anytime, anywhere, if they're not doing a good job or if they're just plain stupid. I've learned to appreciate that way of doing things in order to get a point across. Maybe I should give it a shot next time and see how it feels.

Been stopped several times at Walmart. At Sam's they stop you every time and look at your receipt and check it for what is your shopping basket. Last time I flew on an airplane, I got called out and patted down and rescanned. Do I have grounds for a lawsuit?
No but some insecurity seems appropriate.

I know JoJo makes some really bad moves on social media at times, but I'd be curious to know exactly what happened before commenting on it. I did see a post from another player's mother tonight that led me to believe her son had also experienced something racist tonight, so like I said I'd have to know all the details.

Kind of on the same topic, here's something that happened to me just yesterday at Lowe's:

I'm trying to plumb a bathroom sink at home and I have no idea what I'm doing, so I asked an employee (a white man who I would guess is in his 60s) for some help and he gave me a useful shortcut and it was exactly what I needed to finish the job.

He then said "Some might call it ------ rigged but it'll work." All I could come up with for a reply was, "Wow dude, you realize it's 2015 right?" He laughed and said, "Ohhh, come on now, I'm just being funny." I said, "I know, but if you say that to somebody who's married to a black person I bet they're not going to be as nice as I am. Appreciate the help though," and walked away. Been thinking all night if I let him off the hook too easy. If I report him, he probably loses his job and then we'd have one more capable, yet worthless, human being sitting at home and depending on those of us who are capable, respectable and hard-working. Just an old man who's stuck in his ways and will never change.

Curious to know how some of y'all would have reacted to this. I'm a pretty laid-back, non-confrontational guy. I wish I wasn't so laid back at times. I've got friends, Trey for example, who will put anyone on blast anytime, anywhere, if they're not doing a good job or if they're just plain stupid. I've learned to appreciate that way of doing things in order to get a point across. Maybe I should give it a shot next time and see how it feels.
Danny some changes only come with generational passing. As far as the store employee I'd ask if being racist was a requirement.

He then said "Some might call it ------ rigged but it'll work." All I could come up with for a reply was, "Wow dude, you realize it's 2015 right?" He laughed and said, "Ohhh, come on now, I'm just being funny." I said, "I know, but if you say that to somebody who's married to a black person I bet they're not going to be as nice as I am. Appreciate the help though," and walked away. Been thinking all night if I let him off the hook too easy. If I report him, he probably loses his job and then we'd have one more capable, yet worthless, human being sitting at home and depending on those of us who are capable, respectable and hard-working. Just an old man who's stuck in his ways and will never change. Maybe the awkwardness of our exchange will teach him to at least not bring it to work with him.

When you see a blatant racist act or remark, it's good to at least let them know you don't appreciate it. I don't know if getting the guy fired is appropriate...but at least letting him know, like you did, that it's not ok to say that.

I was once at a movie theater, and there were probably only about 20 people about to watch the movie I was going to watch...including two young black girls. Before the movie started, a security guard came in and started scanning the theater and then walked up the stairs and came down the row the two black girls were on. He said, "I need to see your tickets." He didn't ask any of the white people in the theater...just the two black girls. After he checked their tickets, he left and they both started crying.

I went out and found the manager and he got the guard and I asked him why he singled out those two girls. He said he was told by the ticket taker that two black kids (didn't even know the gender) had snuck past him and went into one of the 16 theaters. So...the guard was going from screen to screen, and when he'd see black people, he'd ask to see their tickets. I told him, "you can't just go from room to room and only look at black people's tickets. You'll make every innocent person feel horrible and every other person in that room will instantly think they've done something wrong. You're gonna have to check everyone's ticket...or no one's. Those girls are so embarrassed that they're in there crying."

The manager agreed it was the wrong way to handle the situation and went and talked to the girls...but the security guard still didn't understand what the problem was.

Some people just don't get it. If something even remotely like that happened to JoJo tonight, I hate it for him. I can't imagine what that would feel like. But...I still wish he wouldn't put it out on Twitter.

When you see a blatant racist act or remark, it's good to at least let them know you don't appreciate it. I don't know if getting the guy fired is appropriate...but at least letting him know, like you did, that it's not ok to say that.

I was once at a movie theater, and there were probably only about 20 people about to watch the movie I was going to watch...including two young black girls. Before the movie started, a security guard came in and started scanning the theater and then walked up the stairs and came down the row the two black girls were on. He said, "I need to see your tickets." He didn't ask any of the white people in the theater...just the two black girls. After he checked their tickets, he left and they both started crying.

I went out and found the manager and he got the guard and I asked him why he singled out those two girls. He said he was told by the ticket taker that two black kids (didn't even know the gender) had snuck past him and went into one of the 16 theaters. So...the guard was going from screen to screen, and when he'd see black people, he'd ask to see their tickets. I told him, "you can't just go from room to room and only look at black people's tickets. You'll make every innocent person feel horrible and every other person in that room will instantly think they've done something wrong. You're gonna have to check everyone's ticket...or no one's. Those girls are so embarrassed that they're in there crying."

The manager agreed it was the wrong way to handle the situation and went and talked to the girls...but the security guard still didn't understand what the problem was.

Some people just don't get it. If something even remotely like that happened to JoJo tonight, I hate it for him. I can't imagine what that would feel like. But...I still wish he wouldn't put it out on Twitter.

So if he had been told Two white men with beards had slipped in he should check black, white, Chinese all to prevent someone's feelings being hurt. I'm not sure how I feel about that. There is validity in both arguments.

Reactions: seahawg

So, this person is now worthless for using an antiquated colloquial term? Hate the sin, not the sinner.

So, this person is now worthless for using an antiquated colloquial term? Hate the sin, not the sinner.

I don't know what those words mean, but sorry for not having a great opinion of someone who dropped the N-bomb on me 30 seconds after saying, "Sir, I have a question." I'm sure he's a decent enough guy who was brought up to think a certain way, but in regards to moving our society in the right direction he's 100 percent worthless. I don't hate him, though. Like I said, hopefully he'll learn to not act like that, at least in public. I care a lot about our state and stuff like that makes it look bad. I get tired of seeing it.

@Turbo Buffalo, I will tell you I like the "hate the sin, not the sinner" phrase and it's one I was brought up on. I think my use of 'worthless' here is probably the wrong one to use, but just trying to prove a point at how frustrating it is to witness completely reckless actions like that right here in our back yard.

Current Hog Kevin Richardson and I were talking about stuff like this the other day. He saw something from Harrison, Arkansas (like we've all seen, a billboard sign with racist comments on it) and that's what sparked the conversation. He wasn't as much offended by it as he was surprised at how stupid people can be. It's not just here, it's everywhere. It just sucks that it is here.

@Turbo Buffalo, I will tell you I like the "hate the sin, not the sinner" phrase and it's one I was brought up on. I think my use of 'worthless' here is probably the wrong one to use, but just trying to prove a point at how frustrating it is to witness completely reckless actions like that right here in our back yard.

Current Hog Kevin Richardson and I were talking about stuff like this the other day. He saw something from Harrison, Arkansas (like we've all seen, a billboard sign with racist comments on it) and that's what sparked the conversation. He wasn't as much offended by it as he was surprised at how stupid people can be. It's not just here, it's everywhere. It just sucks that it is here.
I hear what you're saying and appreciate your feelings here. I think your story is a good example of the difference between reckless speech and hateful speech IMO. I'm not excusing what the guy said (we don't use language like that in our home), but I don't think it means he's a lost cause and worthless. You didn't think so either, or you wouldn't have made an effort to correct him.

Reactions: SemperHOG

Knowing the kids that snuck in are black and checking a white person ticket doesn't make sense. If the ticket taker saw which theater the kids went in is the only way tickets should have been checked.

Reactions: Paul Loyd
If Dominique Reed comes in and looks like he will be ready to contribute this fall, JoJo might be gone. His talent is undeniable but he is apparently a constant distraction and can't seem to get it together.

Admittedly, I don't know the whole story here.

That said, precedent tells me this is likely a JoJo problem and not a racism issue.

Will gladly admit my error if the facts prove otherwise. Just doesn't seem like JoJo has been a credible source of information during his time in Fayetteville.

Reactions: ACHRazorbacks
I have been in wal mart 100s of times and I've NEVER been asked to show a receipt.

I find it interesting when white men have an opinion on people not being discriminated against. Maybe try and walk a mile in someone's shoes.

It saddens me that people will use a racist term and then wonder why people think they are racist. Ugh. It's gross.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT