ADVERTISEMENT

OT Kaitlyn Jenner on the Espys

Can we let this site be the one place where we can escape and not have to hear about Caitlin Jenner?

Let's talk football. SECMD just happened. Cmon

The country bumpkins will be coming out of the woodwork to voice their displeasure about this. Just watch Facebook blow up by tomorrow morning due to thousands of grammatical errors and misspellings.

Yes... the sad world where people can be who they truly are.
How about Johns Hopkins where they pioneered the surgery and refuse to do it anymore because it was proven to relieve the "feelings of transgerderness" in less than 20% of those who received the surgery? And those who have the surgery are then 20 times more likely to commit suicide after receiving it? Or do you not believe in factual data? Like the same data that shows over 70 to 80% of adolescents who claim to be have strong trandgender thoughts simply lose that feeling all together naturally. Yet in Oregon today a 15 year old can have the full surgery without their parents consent (or knowledge) at the cost of the taxpayer when statistics show they will either lose that feeling on their own later or kill themselves all together because they made the mistake of having the surgery.

Nothing in what I just typed is misguided or uneducated. In fact it comes directly from the foremost knowledge in the field who now diagnose the situation as a mental disorder due to chemical and/or emotional unbalance. In other words there is something wrong with them. This is not an opinion but a matter of scientific fact supported by the largest compiled data base on the subject from the pioneers of the surgery itself.

But that doesn't fit into your view of those who believe in a natural order of things does it? These people need help according to the data not a path to an unnecessary life altering surgery that results in suicide for a large % of those who partake in it.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mic...atrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

How about Johns Hopkins where they pioneered the surgery and refuse to do it anymore because it was proven to relieve the "feelings of transgerderness" in less than 20% of those who received the surgery? And those who have the surgery are then 20 times more likely to commit suicide after receiving it? Or do you not believe in factual data? Like the same data that shows over 70 to 80% of adolescents who claim to be have strong trandgender thoughts simply lose that feeling all together naturally. Yet in Oregon today a 15 year old can have the full surgery without their parents consent (or knowledge) at the cost of the taxpayer when statistics show they will either lose that feeling on their own later or kill themselves all together because they made the mistake of having the surgery.

Nothing in what I just typed is misguided or uneducated. In fact it comes directly from the foremost knowledge in the field who now diagnose the situation as a mental disorder due to chemical and/or emotional unbalance. In other words there is something wrong with them. This is not an opinion but a matter of scientific fact supported by the largest compiled data base on the subject from the pioneers of the surgery itself.

But that doesn't fit into your view of those who believe in a natural order of things does it? These people need help according to the data not a path to an unnecessary life altering surgery that results in suicide for a large % of those who partake in it.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mic...atrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change
Woa woa woa don't be bringing facts into this!

Reactions: mtsuhog85

Agree 110% Never would I mistreat someone with this issue and I certainly don't judge them.
I do however strongly disagree with this so-called alternate lifestyle. It's just wrong! I do agree that they need some help. They are looking for something to fill a void in their lives and in my opinion looking in the wrong places. I won't go into that though,as we've heard so many times this is a sports message board.

Reactions: BOSSHOGFREE
Yes... the sad world where people can be who they truly are.

That's classic! First you criticize a group of people for 'who they are' and then turn around and state that it is sad world since people can't be who they truly are.

A. This article is from a bogus conservative news site.

B. I'm not sure you understand what the article even says.

C. I'm quite sure you don't understand the difference between transgender and transsexual.

There is a lot of ignorance in this thread.

Reactions: wps88 2.0
Not wasting my time with someone that doesn't know a man from a woman and why it is a huge deal to all of humanity to know the difference.

Reactions: seahawg
Not wasting my time with someone that doesn't know a man from a woman and why it is a huge deal to all of humanity to know the difference.
I'm truly shocked that you aren't capable of answering my question.

I guess in a way you were right though. It probably was ignorant of me to think that someone such as yourself could present a well-thought-out, fact-based idea.

I'm truly shocked that you aren't capable of answering my question.

I guess in a way you were right though. It probably was ignorant of me to think that someone such as yourself could present a well-thought-out, fact-based idea.

The people who disagree with you also are against abortion and gay marriage. Progress and human rights are not in their vocabulary. It's just the "thumper" mentality. It has them brainwashed.

A. This article is from a bogus conservative news site.

B. I'm not sure you understand what the article even says.

C. I'm quite sure you don't understand the difference between transgender and transsexual.

There is a lot of ignorance in this thread.
So your opinion is that the facts provided by a Sr leader at Johns Hopkins supported by research from Vanderbilt is inaccurate and ignorant nasef solely on the publisher. Ignorance ITT indeed.

The term transgender is evolving as now the claim by the left is that their "maleness" or "femaleness" is naturally incorrect vs it simply being a choice. You can't have it both ways. Well, I guess you could if you felt like you should have both parts but again that's a condition to be resolved not operated into being because someone remains untreated for their real mental and chemical symptoms.

At least that's what the foremost leader in the field supports with undeniable data.

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge not a name you call some one with a differing opinion from yours because you have no valid argument other than "because that's how you feel"

Last edited:
So your opinion is that the facts provided by a Sr leader at Johns Hopkins supported by research from Vanderbilt is inaccurate and ignorant nasef solely on the publisher. Ignorance ITT indeed

What point are you trying to make? I can provide 100s of studies that refute a lot of what Paul McHugh says. He is a tiny, tiny minority on this issue. Are you familiar with Paul McHugh? Do you know his orthodox Catholic background? That he think homosexuality is a choice. That his has been openly anti-gay and anti-transgender for a long time. That he said homosexuality was the cause of the Catholic sex abuse scandal. Yeah this guy doesn't have an agenda at all. He's in his 80s. He is a fossil in that community and nearly everyone disagrees with him.

He cited a single study in that article. A study that is over 40 years old. Even that one study is misrepresented by McHugh. The only study he could find to support his opinion explicitly says "no inferences can be drawn as to the effectiveness of sex reassignment" in improving the lives of transgender people. He is a hack. The fact that you keep posting this one article from this one guy that has been discredited over and over is pretty weak.

I'm still pretty sure you don't know the difference between transgender and transsexual.

Last edited:
Reactions: wps88 2.0
What point are you trying to make? I can provide 100s of studies that refute a lot of what Paul McHugh says. He is a tiny, tiny minority on this issue. Are you familiar with Paul McHugh? Do you know his orthodox Catholic background? That he think homosexuality is a choice. That his has been openly anti-gay and anti-transgender for a long time. That he said homosexuality was the cause of the Catholic sex abuse scandal. Yeah this guy doesn't have an agenda at all. He's in his 80s. He is a fossil in that community and nearly everyone disagrees with him.

I'm still pretty sure you don't know the difference between transgender and transsexual.
So what about the research teams at Johns Hopkins and Vanderbilt who recorded the data? Are they apart of the conspiracy? Why did Johns Hopkins stop doing the surgery they pioneered?

So what about the research teams at Johns Hopkins and Vanderbilt who recorded the data? Are they apart of the conspiracy? Why did Johns Hopkins stop doing the surgery they pioneered?
Have you even read the one study he cites. It is over 40 years old and it clearly states that "no inferences can be drawn as to the effectiveness of sex reassignment". McHugh and yourself conveniently left that part out.

McHugh is known as "the doctor social conservatives depend on to justify anti-transgender hate". I'm not making that up.

I can post 15 studies right now that say McHugh is wrong. I can post 100 articles that debunk him.

It's time that the conservatives find some more "evidence" to justify the hate. Unfortunately for them it doesn't exist.

You can't just find one article on the internet and run with it. I realize that is enough for most of the people on this board that are looking for any teeny tiny piece of information to use but it is weak. If you want to have an actual debate or discussion about this you need to find some more evidence and quit trotting the same BS article out over and over.

McHugh is known as "the doctor social conservatives depend on to justify anti-transgender hate". I'm not making that up.

I can post 15 studies right now that say McHugh is wrong. I can post 100 articles that debunk him.

It's time that the conservatives find some more "evidence" to justify the hate. Unfortunately for them it doesn't exist.
How about we skip the blaming the source and go straight to the university itself....

http://m.hopkinsmedicine.org/hmn/W99/top.html

This one has international data included to further disprove your belief that this is an evangelical driven argument

http://str.typepad.com/weblog/2014/...assignment-surgeries-no-longer-does-them.html
Did you really cite a blog post from a Christian blog to say this isn't an evangelical driven argument? Really?

The Swedish study it cites has many issues but it concludes that sex reassignment surgery is good for trans people. The conclusion is that it helps but more treatment is needed in addition. You should actually read these studies instead of just the parts that people like McHugh and Christian blogs pick and choose to include. That is, of course, only if you want to be fully informed. I'm not saying that you don't, but in cases like this it seems most people only what information that supports what they already believe.

You were crying about the source. This is Johns Hopkins psychiatric conclusion based on clinical studies. Not one man's opinion
And it doesn't provide any information. It just says what happened. It is an article, not a study.

And it doesn't provide any information. It just says what happened. It is an article, not a study.
It states that the collective group of psychologists and the university that pioneered the surgery and studied it from its genesis pulled the plug on the surgical program. And in the text specifically refers to the condition as a disorder.

It states that the collective group of psychologists and the university that pioneered the surgery and studied it from its genesis pulled the plug on the surgical program. And in the text specifically refers to the condition as a disorder.
That was over 40 years ago and all based on McHugh's recommendations which have since been debunked by many, many people.

We can argue about studies all we want. It is very clear that there are far more that support what I'm saying and there is one that supports what you are saying.

I guess I don't understand what you are getting at with this. It seems to me like you are attempting to use this single, discredited study to support the discrimination of this group.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT