ADVERTISEMENT

Morally, what's the difference between fighting dogs and hunting?

Charlie B Barkin

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 2, 2011
I guess it's all about culture and perspective... Because morally there isn't a difference in the two sports... I'll add Horse Racing to the mix, as well.... Everyone likes to turn a blind eye to what goes on behind the scenes in that sport...

Ill bite.

I need specific examples of what goes on behind the scenes of horse racing, cause I have no clue. It seems, on the surface at least, that they live pretty good lives. They are healthy, eat premium food, and get to be studded out. Seems like a good life to me.

Hunting with dogs and fighting dogs. C'mon man..................

Anybody have any experience with this brand?
31Y5yZtBJDL.jpg

Posted from Rivals Mobile

A lot of animals were created to be turned into food. I don't think any were created to fight to the death for our entertainment.

Most people don't hunt for food, but they do eat what they kill for fun.

I don't think they eat the dead dog if it dies and I'm pretty sure the horses aren't intentionally trying to kill each other.

I dont hunt, but I would say that dogs are domesticated animals. Deer, birds, etc. are hunted, cleaned and eaten. I don't think the spectators at dog fights take home the dog meat from the deceased animals and feed their families with it...at least I hope they don't.

Originally posted by tdoughe:

Ill bite.

I need specific examples of what goes on behind the scenes of horse racing, cause I have no clue. It seems, on the surface at least, that they live pretty good lives. They are healthy, eat premium food, and get to be studded out. Seems like a good life to me.

Hunting with dogs and fighting dogs. C'mon man..................
Half the horses you see at oaklawn this year will be slaughtered. If they're not winners, it's not worth keeping them alive.

Sigh...

I have no dog in this fight and am not trying to get on my high horse, but some of you are too biased to have an objective opinion in this thread. So... Yall should probably just stay out...

Originally posted by Charlie B Barkin:
I guess it's all about culture and perspective... Because morally there isn't a difference in the two sports... I'll add Horse Racing to the mix, as well.... Everyone likes to turn a blind eye to what goes on behind the scenes in that sport...

3592830.jpg

...it takes work to reach that level.

On a related subject,why is the University of South Carolina allowed to have a mascot that represents a "sport" that is illegal in every state?

Originally posted by Lolly Hog:
On a related subject,why is the University of South Carolina allowed to have a mascot that represents a "sport" that is illegal in every state?
I've wondered this myself

Man has a responsibility to keep animal populations in check, hunting does that.

I think a better comparison might be the treatment of cows instead of them being grass fed. While they are kept that way for food some could view it as torture

There is not difference. They are all the same.

Anyone who partakes in any of the above has punched their ticket straight to hell.

Hunting is a sport but puts food on the table. Most race horses that do not produce on the track are out in pastures all across the country. As for Dog Fighting.......teaching an animal to kill is crazy and against the law.

Imo there is no moral high ground in any of those "sports." See ya on the GB.

Living in Hot Springs, I know plenty of people who own all or part of a thoroughbred, and the all have tattooed #'s in their mouths. You cannot, by law and severe penalty, put one of these animals down. I have a friend who sold a horse to someone out of state, and the authorities came back to him a year later with vet bills etc because the guy took off. My friend says to destroy a bourse you need a backhoe and a farm...at night...

Do dog fighters eat the meat from the dead animal? Are the dogs just out in the wild and have a place to escape? Is it a quick death in dog fighting like having your heart or lungs explode?

I will admit I can see similarities between dog fighting and certain high fence hunting companies that breed and use steroids to grow bucks double or triple any natural deer is ever intended and getting them tame just to sell them to be released in a 100 acre area that's fenced and let some rich SOB just go in and shoot the animal that's not afraid of humans. But there is nothing similar to hunting free range animals and dog fighting. But nice flame Barkin.

Originally posted by jpenrod86:
Man has a responsibility to keep animal populations in check, hunting does that.

I think a better comparison might be the treatment of cows instead of them being grass fed. While they are kept that way for food some could view it as torture
Man only has that responsibility because man killed off all natural predators... Like wolves... Speaking of wolves... Man reintroduced wolves into yellow stone and wolves now keep the elk population in check... This upsets man because man doesn't have the responsibility to keep the elk population in check... What does man do? Man starts hunting wolves... Some might say this shows how hypocritical man really is... Not I... I think this shows how compassionate man is... Why burden wolves with the responsibily of keeping the elk population in check all by themselves when man can help... Poor coyotes and wolves... If they would agree to hunt with men like Labs, they wouldn't be hunted themselves...

This troll is covered in weak sauce. Saturated in it. If this is the best you can do, you should try it on a forum for 8 year olds since they share a similar level of intelligence with you.

Originally posted by Master of Reality:

This troll is covered in weak sauce. Saturated in it. If this is the best you can do, you should try it on a forum for 8 year olds since they share a similar level of intelligence with you.
Weak sauce? Maybe you should join me at the children's forum...

I have no dog in this fight and am not trying to get on my high horse, but some of you are too biased to have an objective opinion in this thread. So... Yall should probably just stay out...
IYAM, this thread was started for this post right here. Good stuff, CBB.
cool0016.r191677.gif

Originally posted by jpenrod86:

Sure, like taking away their habitats isn't enough to keep them in check? I don't care either way, but this argument is always the funniest.

Charlie most of your posts are funny and clever. What was the point of this drivel? Are you just that bored? I can't believe you really think there's no difference. If you do, then you've spent too much time at home reading National Geographic and have no clue how nature really works. Man is and has always been a top predator. Guns have made the harvesting easier, so in exchange we regulate the hunt. The end results are the same as they have been for centuries and just as important to the health of the animal populations.

If there was not a hunting season for deer, they would over populate and die of disease and starvation. Same with other animals. That is why they have animal biologist to help determine the limits that equate to a healthy herd. But to Charlie's point...I guess when could arm the deer with weapons and have them fight like the slaves in Gladiator!

One thing in this vein that pisses me off big time is hunting/killing wolfs from helicopters with AR15. Should gut and or beat anyone doing this.

Originally posted by NMHOGG:
One thing in this vein that pisses me off big time is hunting/killing wolfs from helicopters with AR15. Should gut and or beat anyone doing this.
The wolves should have known better... Once the hunters didnt get to be humanitarians anymore, the wolves were F'd. So the wolves are naturally keeping the Elk population in check and we no longer get to kill Elk? KILL THE WOLVES!!! They're destroying the Eco system!!!

The wolves should have known better... Once the hunters didnt get to be humanitarians anymore, the wolves were F'd. So the wolves are naturally keeping the Elk population in check and we no longer get to kill Elk? KILL THE WOLVES!!! They're destroying the Eco system!!!
If we ever happen upon each other in a scene in Walking Dead I want you to be on a different team.

Originally posted by Hog6:

If we ever happen upon each other in a scene in Walking Dead I want you to be on a different team.
Lol... I have no issue with killing dead people... They're already dead... Plus, being a hunter doesn't make you a tough guy or survivalist, even though I'm sure some of you would like to fancy yourselves as such. Also, I would hunt if we didn't have processed meat readily available. I take no joy in killing animals for sport, especially when you don't have to. We don't live in the times of the Oregon trail...

Originally posted by Hog6:

Lol... I have no issue with killing dead people... They're already dead... Plus, being a hunter doesn't make you a tough guy or survivalist, even though I'm sure some of you would like to fancy yourselves as such. Also, I would hunt if we didn't have processed meat readily available. I take no joy in killing animals for sport, especially when you don't have to. We don't live in the times of the Oregon trail...
Processed meat? Good luck!

So let me get this straight.
Killing deer = not ok
Cocaine and anal sex with other men = ok

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT