ADVERTISEMENT

North Korea

candyred

Letterman
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2009
Hope
Who thinks we will eventually go to war with them? or does Obama let them Nuke us?

This is a job for the US Navy .... BUT NOT the STINKING Budbadge wearing SEALS .... send a sub there and turn the stinking place into a glass parking-lot...

images

Just because they have nukes capable of traveling to the US doesn't mean crap. Any nuke will be destroyed in mid flight. our best course of action is for us to let them fire first so that China does not side with them. They will go down faster than Iraq.

Not to worry, obama's already told them he's upset. Problem solved.

Yep, any nuke fired at us will be shot down mid flight unless they fire one at South Korea. They'd more likely be going to war with China than us if they fire off a Nuke. China is their next door neighbor and would be in much more danger than we would.

Several butt hurt republicans ITT. Obama has some things you can criticize him on, but being tough with terrorists/rogue nations isn't one of them

As for the NK situation, it's an interesting one. China has propped this regime up for so long. I think initially it was for ideological reasons but now it's b\c they don't want the humanitarian disaster on their doorstep if the regime falls. If it comes down to it, China will side with us over NK IMO. Most of this behavior is par for the course for NK, but the wild card in all this is KJU. He's a 29 or 30 yo guy who's grown up his whole life living in that bizzaro world. Who knows how mentally stable he is or how stupid he is, impulsive, etc. His dad was a douche and a little unbalanced, but not a moron. Not sure we can say the same thing about this guy. We'd win in a fight, no question. But I'd hope (as always) we can avoid a war at all cost. We're winding down Afghanistan and Iraq and have spent so much in people/money there. NK is a mountainous country that gets cold as hell in the winter. Despite all the tech we have, you still have to put boots on the ground and men/women in harms way. Hopefully they can settle this without resorting to force, but this idiot may not give us any choice unfortunately.

Bob,

I think China's support of NK is a little akin to our support of israel in the middle east. Israel stirs up enough trouble over there to keep all of those nations on edge and distracted a bit. We have other reasons we support Israel but I think the idea is the same. If there is no NK to draw our attention, much more of it is directed toward China and their policies. It's much easier for the gaze of the world to be elsewhere.

Ballistic Missile Defenses surround North Korea, whether grounded, flying, or floating.

There is no nuke hitting stateside, too much in the line of defense between the Western Seaboard and North Korea. I wouldn't consider removing KJ-un from power war either, We could further cripple them economically or remove KJ-un without a single boot touching the ground. North Korea is literally looking the gun down the barrel, but it would serve no purpose to go to war with a country in such horrible conditions.

B-2s/Raptors were just the tip of the iceberg and probably all that would be needed. =Shock and Awe Part 2
This post was edited on 4/2 6:34 PM by CureAll

This post was edited on 4/2 6:36 PM by CureAll

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT