ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Whiskey DRunk and His Wife? HMMMM

OPPHOG

Starter
Oct 23, 2006
On a Slow day:

What ever happened to the following posters?

Whiskey Drunk and his Wife?

JROHAWG?

OHLORDY/ ROCKERFAN?

Just curious

They always were on here, but rarely see them on here anymore? If ever?

Originally posted by OPPHOG:

On a Slow day:

What ever happened to the following posters?

Whiskey Drunk and his Wife? - Not sure why, but left the board

JROHAWG? - He is an Otis Kirk fanboy so he followed him to 247. He pretty much humiliated himself on his way out.

OHLORDY/ ROCKERFAN? - Still around but after being unreasonably hard on Mike A and crew hasn't posted a ton.

Just curious

They always were on here, but rarely see them on here anymore? If ever?

I think Whiskey had a post deleted that he didn't agree with and decided not to post anymore. He seems to stay busy with his HS coaching now.

Ohlordy is still posting.

Really wish whiskey and Mrs whiskey would come back but some people got upset with them for no real reason imo they were doing what they thought was right and offended some...

The board has lost some of it's best posters, no doubt (Whiskey's come to mind). Some of the losses were addition by subtraction though IMHO.

Originally posted by TrainHawg:
Add TitanHawg to list as well
Why did titanhawg leave? Did she ever say "so long" or give a reason? I started a thread to ask about this a week or so ago, but it was deleted, I think.

IMO, she may have been the best poster on this board. Hate it that she left.

This post was edited on 3/27 12:21 PM by Sir Dennis Eeatin-Hog

Are we sure Titan is gone? She was also pretty critical of mike, but never out of line that I noticed.

I do wish the whiskeys would come back. That was a weird deal

Originally posted by gbbaber:
Are we sure Titan is gone? She was also pretty critical of mike, but never out of line that I noticed.

Everything with the Wiskeys is a weird deal. I loved them and wish they'd come back, but when you posts the things he does, some of it is going to get deleted. It just is. Half the things he posted were funny in an "I can't believe he posted that/it hasn't been deleted?/its only a matter of time" fashion. And he knew that.

If he got his panties in a wad over posts deleted, I can't imagine he's having much more freedom anywhere else.

Originally posted by mikedamone:

Originally posted by gbbaber:

Everything with the Wiskeys is a weird deal. I loved them and wish they'd come back, but when you posts the things he does, some of it is going to get deleted. It just is. Half the things he posted were funny in an "I can't believe he posted that/it hasn't been deleted?/its only a matter of time" fashion. And he knew that.

If he got his panties in a wad over posts deleted, I can't imagine he's having much more freedom anywhere else.
I agree Mike.

Hope they come back but the main draw here is and will be Trey and Danny.

Using the "Ignore" button has made my time here much more enjoyable. Don't have many on the list but I imagine the few I do have are on multiple ignore lists.

Originally posted by Sir Dennis Eeatin-Hog:

Originally posted by TrainHawg:
Add TitanHawg to list as well
Why did titanhawg leave? Did she ever say "so long" or give a reason? I started a thread to ask about this a week or so ago, but it was deleted, I think.

IMO, she may have been the best poster on this board. Hate it that she left.

This post was edited on 3/27 12:21 PM by Sir Dennis Eeatin-Hog
I respect titanhawg's reasons for leaving the board, as well as the Whiskeys. I consider all three of them as friends
though I never got to meet titanhawg.

SDEH...you can email me at rainbol88@yahoo.com and I can share what titanhawg listed elsewhere as her reason
to remove herself from the board.

sucks to not having Whiskey on here any longer. Him and Karen were great fans and posters. I wish them luck in their careers and the HS team they work with.

Titan left because she got tired of people posting about Christian beliefs. Here's what people don't understand though. If you think we spend 24 hours a day on the board to make sure all of these people stay in line, you're wrong. We delete what needs to be deleted when we see it. Sometimes it's not quick enough for some, so they assume "I can't believe you allow this." And most of the time we're like, "Allow what? I haven't even seen it."

I miss titan's posts, but she had threatened to leave about five times before actually doing it and at some point you've just gotta stop trying to please everyone. Maybe she'll come back someday.

But I will say, for every poster that runs to another board, most of the time it has been addition by subtraction. I mean, run through the names and you'll know exactly what I mean. Something else to consider is that we get guys every month that come here and say, "Man, this site is so much better than the other one, I don't know what I was thinking." But the difference is we don't make it a big deal every time one of those people say that and join here. We don't have to talk about it, people know the difference.

This post was edited on 3/27 6:42 PM by Danny West

For what it is worth, I belonged to 2 Boards for about 7 yrs. I dropped the other one this year. I don't post a lot but I just felt like the other board was getting too upity for me. All boards have there pros and cons. I just want good info and not to be put down if I make all comment someone disagrees with. It is about opinion. One can disagree without being hateful.

Originally posted by Danny West:
Titan left because she got tired of people posting about Christian beliefs. Here's what people don't understand though. If you think we spend 24 hours a day on the board to make sure all of these people stay in line, you're wrong. We delete what needs to be deleted when we see it. Sometimes it's not quick enough for some, so they assume "I can't believe you allow this." And most of the time we're like, "Allow what? I haven't even seen it."

I miss titan's posts, but she had threatened to leave about five times before actually doing it and at some point you've just gotta stop trying to please everyone. Maybe she'll come back someday.

But I will say, for every poster that runs to another board, most of the time it has been addition by subtraction. I mean, run through the names and you'll know exactly what I mean. Something else to consider is that we get guys every month that come here and say, "Man, this site is so much better than the other one, I don't know what I was thinking." But the difference is we don't make it a big deal every time one of those people say that and join here. We don't have to talk about it, people know the difference.

That is interesting to me, because she seemed about as tolerant as any poster I've read here. UMP, I was about to email you, but saw Danny's explanation. Also, UMP, twice before when I asked you to email me -- you told me you did, but for some reason my hotmail account never accepted them ??? So, I didn't blow you off, just never got your emails.

I will clear this up, since I've paid for a year and it won't be over until August.

I didn't leave because of people posting about Christian beliefs, I left because I got tired of anti-Christian posts often popping up in normal threads. I'm not even that strong of a Christian, but it eventually got to me. And...I eventually decided I didn't want to pay the $10/month to keep reading it. I never blamed this on Danny or Trey...and I still don't. There are too many members on this board to keep everyone in line all of the time.

I sent Danny a note letting him know why I was leaving. I didn't ask him to do anything...I just let him know because I've always admired Danny. Now that I know that my "leaving" is addition due to subtraction, I guess it was best that I did leave.

As far as threatening to leave many times, I did email Danny and Trey a few times over my 10 years here and let them know about some of my own frustrations (which is why I thought they listed their emails on the site...so that we could let them know if there is something that is bothering us or not working right.) The only reason I hung on as long as I did is that I love the info on the board...and some of you guys and gals feel like family to me...in a dysfunctional Hog way. :)

As far as being a member on 24/7...I didn't just run over there and join after leaving here. I've been a member there for 2.5 years.

I'll miss you guys...but honestly...it was time for me to probably start focusing more of my time on work and other things. I'm not even sure how much longer I'll be on other sites.

I hold no hard feelings against anyone...and I hope no one holds any hard feelings against me.

I'll probably still lurk over the next few months because I've always loved the site. And I love you guys and gals.

If anyone needs to communicate, feel free to hit me up at shayesmithmusic@aol.com

I am very busy now so everyone gets a break from me. The trouble with basketball is that I was very close to Nolan and his players and it has been gut wrenching to follow basketball when you got used to being elite.

Spring break took football away from me.......I am so ready to get everybody off the beach and sobered up and back into football :)

PS.....I also miss Whiskey and wife.

Originally posted by titanhawg:

I will clear this up, since I've paid for a year and it won't be over until August.

I didn't leave because of people posting about Christian beliefs, I left because I got tired of anti-Christian posts often popping up in normal threads. I'm not even that strong of a Christian, but it eventually got to me. And...I eventually decided I didn't want to pay the $10/month to keep reading it. I never blamed this on Danny or Trey...and I still don't. There are too many members on this board to keep everyone in line all of the time.

I sent Danny a note letting him know why I was leaving. I didn't ask him to do anything...I just let him know because I've always admired Danny. Now that I know that my "leaving" is addition due to subtraction, I guess it was best that I did leave.

As far as threatening to leave many times, I did email Danny and Trey a few times over my 10 years here and let them know about some of my own frustrations (which is why I thought they listed their emails on the site...so that we could let them know if there is something that is bothering us or not working right.) The only reason I hung on as long as I did is that I love the info on the board...and some of you guys and gals feel like family to me...in a dysfunctional Hog way. :)

As far as being a member on 24/7...I didn't just run over there and join after leaving here. I've been a member there for 2.5 years.

I'll miss you guys...but honestly...it was time for me to probably start focusing more of my time on work and other things. I'm not even sure how much longer I'll be on other sites.

I hold no hard feelings against anyone...and I hope no one holds any hard feelings against me.

I'll probably still lurk over the next few months because I've always loved the site. And I love you guys and gals.

If anyone needs to communicate, feel free to hit me up at shayesmithmusic@aol.com
Wow. That was impressive. You have my undying respect.

Originally posted by jpenrod86:
Titan I didn't read Danny's comments as calling you addition by subtraction.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Agreed.

I consider myself very, very neutral when it comes to religious issues, and I will say I think there are comments and posts on both sides of that debate that I could do without. I just don't come here for that. Same goes for politics. If you are one one side of the fence, you are gonna feel it from the other side, but I can tell you from my position it goes both ways around here. I wish everyone would stick to sports. I think a lot of people say things without even realizing it.

The anti-Christian posts are offensive. A person's religious (of lack of) are very personal. I think I remember one of the recent posts Titan's post refers to. I'll just say I was pretty disappointed in one particular aspect of it, but I won't air that on here. HATE losing a poster as good as Titan.

Originally posted by HogInAla:
The anti-Christian posts are offensive. A person's religious (of lack of) are very personal. I think I remember one of the recent posts Titan's post refers to. I'll just say I was pretty disappointed in one particular aspect of it, but I won't air that on here. HATE losing a poster as good as Titan.
Like I mentioned, I truly don't hold anything against anyone. It just hit me one day that I was getting all upset about some people on a message board making some comments...and I would get really, really bothered by it...and it would stick with me. That's when I realized I just needed to take time away. I've seen other posters get to that point...and now I understand.

I think this is an awesome board...and it could even get better if we all respected each others' point of views and beliefs and kept it on sports (or tv shows and movies).
wink.r191677.gif

It's hard not coming here and posting, but I feel I've been getting back some of my "perspective" after taking a break. The only reason I posted in this thread is because a friend read it and told me I should come post and let everyone know why I left so there wasn't any misunderstanding. I probably should have done that when I left...but I truly didn't want to offend anyone.

When did the whiskers quit posting? Didn't realize any of these guys quit

Originally posted by titanhawg:

Originally posted by HogInAla:
Like I mentioned, I truly don't hold anything against anyone. It just hit me one day that I was getting all upset about some people on a message board making some comments...and I would get really, really bothered by it...and it would stick with me. That's when I realized I just needed to take time away. I've seen other posters get to that point...and now I understand.

I think this is an awesome board...and it could even get better if we all respected each others' point of views and beliefs and kept it on sports (or tv shows and movies).
wink.r191677.gif

It's hard not coming here and posting, but I feel I've been getting back some of my "perspective" after taking a break. The only reason I posted in this thread is because a friend read it and told me I should come post and let everyone know why I left so there wasn't any misunderstanding. I probably should have done that when I left...but I truly didn't want to offend anyone.
You are FAR from addition by subtraction. You are pure class. Take care titan.

Wow Titan, I didn't realize you had left. I hate to see such a good poster leave. It's almost where I don't read post anymore because there's so much trolling going on that I'm pretty much here just for the stories.

I don't understand why anyone would totally leave the board. You can still get all the same information you want, without getting into the passing matches that happen on the daily. I've argued with people, put people down, been put down, don't agree with some people's beliefs, attitudes, fakeness, whatever. But that doesn't mean I don't wanna know what's happening in the Razorback world.
What really sucks, is all the good info guys/girls are getting ran off by people that don't have any info and don't add anything to the board.

To clarify, I never said titan hog leaving was addition by subtraction. You're one of the few I hated to lose. But very few.
Sorry Danny. I misunderstood. But I'll always love ya no matter what.
wink.r191677.gif
We go way back.

Originally posted by Treeclimber2:
I don't understand why anyone would totally leave the board. You can still get all the same information you want, without getting into the passing matches that happen on the daily. I've argued with people, put people down, been put down, don't agree with some people's beliefs, attitudes, fakeness, whatever. But that doesn't mean I don't wanna know what's happening in the Razorback world.
What really sucks, is all the good info guys/girls are getting ran off by people that don't have any info and don't add anything to the board.
Sometimes...it's just time. As Danny alluded to earlier...I've had a love/hate relationship with the board...as I know many of us have. The info is top notch...the camaraderie is awesome...but the trolling is often abusive and childish. My own issue is that I always get sucked in to a disagreement because I'm strong-willed and opinionated...and I just love the Hogs too much to keep placing myself in "harm's way."

I know it'll be tough around football time...but honestly, I need to regain some focus on my job. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and need to start thinking about my next moves in the music business and get more serious.

I hope the board continues to grow...and I hope some of the trolls decide to stop trolling. The board's already great...but will get even better when that happens.

Anybody else feel like titan is giving us the old "It's not you, it's me," line?

Take your time and come on back when you're ready. You're a legend here. We lost jclampit and I refuse to lose another legend.

Anybody else feel like titan is giving us the old "It's not you, it's me," line?

Take your time and come on back when you're ready. You're a legend here. We lost jclampit and I refuse to lose another legend.
Haha!! I'm only a legend in my own mind!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I hated to lose jclampit. He was sincerely one of the nicest guys ever.

As for the "it's not you, it's me"...I promise it's not. I've just had a few weeks to regain some perspective and realize why I've had such an urge to yank myself away from the Hog boards the last 2-3 years. It's because I'm probably more passionate about the Hogs than all but 2-3 things in my life...and spending too much time with others who feel the same way...and it is kinda like an AA group with everyone passing around a jug of moonshine. I've just got to go sober up for a while.
wink.r191677.gif

Titan, NOOOOO! I can't believe you are leaving. I have not been posting much for the past few months because I needed a break from some of these trolls too. But I still read when read most days. As long as Trey and Danny are here giving the information they give I can't see myself ever leaving. I just take breaks from time to time.

I really hate to see you leave titan but respect what you feel you need to do. With both of our histories in the AIC and some of the other stuff I have seen you post, I just always felt a sports bond with you. I wish I had the musical bond with you too but unfortunately my only talent there is that I have a few nice guitars. ha

I will hate to not see you on here anymore. I wish you the best and come back when you have time.

Tom

I've always found it odd when I see stuff like "religious beliefs are personal" or "we should respect ppls beliefs." Those who use this board who may not have Christiian beliefs have to read through half a dozen "need prayers" this or "thank the Lord" that posts a day and rarely ever complain or judge about having to put up with seeing all of the Christian influenced jargon. But as soon as one of them says something that the Christians don't like they have to put up with all of the Christians, who should not judge lest they be judged, jumping down their throats over it. What gives Christians the right to post anything they want involving their beliefs while those who do not have the same beleifs are ridiculed?

Titan if you read this I just want to say thank you. I've been on this board almost as long as you. You are one of the main reasons I've stayed so long.

I remember my birthday a few years ago, on my birthday, I announced that my wife and I would be leaving Chile and instead of going back to the US, we decided on Canada. The biggest part of the equation was the cost, about one tenth to go to Canada over the US. And since I was born with dual citizenship it was a no brainer for us.

Many people attached me calling me an Un-American/socialist/communist and many other derogatory things. But not you, you stayed classy. I appreciated that then and still do.

As a funny side note, I remember when it came out that you, a highly respected and trusted poster, are a woman, many of the men in here had a hard time believing a woman could have such good info. I always thought that was humorous, because why can't a woman have just as good, and in many cases better, info than men?

Just know I'll always be a fan of old school posters like you and lampman

Nobody knows what specific information Titan is referring to. It's speculation on this board that often carries things to a level that is not necessary. There have been times that I have read things that anger me being mentioned, especially when it's clearly against the rules. Why do it? Is it just to see if you can get away with it? Just to see if Danny or Trey are going to see it? Maybe it is a stab at someone that could probably care less about your opinion. Some folks are clearly miserable with themselves and attempt to take others down with their dreadful comments. It's quite a shame.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT