ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Whiskey DRunk and His Wife? HMMMM

Originally posted by titanhawg:

Originally posted by Danny West:
Titan left because she got tired of people posting about Christian beliefs. Here's what people don't understand though. If you think we spend 24 hours a day on the board to make sure all of these people stay in line, you're wrong. We delete what needs to be deleted when we see it. Sometimes it's not quick enough for some, so they assume "I can't believe you allow this." And most of the time we're like, "Allow what? I haven't even seen it."

I miss titan's posts, but she had threatened to leave about five times before actually doing it and at some point you've just gotta stop trying to please everyone. Maybe she'll come back someday.

But I will say, for every poster that runs to another board, most of the time it has been addition by subtraction. I mean, run through the names and you'll know exactly what I mean. Something else to consider is that we get guys every month that come here and say, "Man, this site is so much better than the other one, I don't know what I was thinking." But the difference is we don't make it a big deal every time one of those people say that and join here. We don't have to talk about it, people know the difference.

This post was edited on 3/27 6:42 PM by Danny West
I will clear this up, since I've paid for a year and it won't be over until August.

I didn't leave because of people posting about Christian beliefs, I left because I got tired of anti-Christian posts often popping up in normal threads. I'm not even that strong of a Christian, but it eventually got to me. And...I eventually decided I didn't want to pay the $10/month to keep reading it. I never blamed this on Danny or Trey...and I still don't. There are too many members on this board to keep everyone in line all of the time.

I sent Danny a note letting him know why I was leaving. I didn't ask him to do anything...I just let him know because I've always admired Danny. Now that I know that my "leaving" is addition due to subtraction, I guess it was best that I did leave.

As far as threatening to leave many times, I did email Danny and Trey a few times over my 10 years here and let them know about some of my own frustrations (which is why I thought they listed their emails on the site...so that we could let them know if there is something that is bothering us or not working right.) The only reason I hung on as long as I did is that I love the info on the board...and some of you guys and gals feel like family to me...in a dysfunctional Hog way. :)

As far as being a member on 24/7...I didn't just run over there and join after leaving here. I've been a member there for 2.5 years.

I'll miss you guys...but honestly...it was time for me to probably start focusing more of my time on work and other things. I'm not even sure how much longer I'll be on other sites.

I hold no hard feelings against anyone...and I hope no one holds any hard feelings against me.

I'll probably still lurk over the next few months because I've always loved the site. And I love you guys and gals.

If anyone needs to communicate, feel free to hit me up at shayesmithmusic@aol.com
Titan,

I truly do not think Danny meant you when he posted the "addition by subtraction". I hope I speak for many on here who would tell you to please stay as you are an excellent poster. I always look for your posts when I'm on here. I also share share some of your irritations but use the ignore button for those who really don't add anything to the board.

Just know that you are a valued member and those like me will miss you if you go.

Anybody else feel like titan is giving us the old "It's not you, it's me," line?

Take your time and come on back when you're ready. You're a legend here. We lost jclampit and I refuse to lose another legend.
Haha!! I'm only a legend in my own mind!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I hated to lose jclampit. He was sincerely one of the nicest guys ever.

As for the "it's not you, it's me"...I promise it's not. I've just had a few weeks to regain some perspective and realize why I've had such an urge to yank myself away from the Hog boards the last 2-3 years. It's because I'm probably more passionate about the Hogs than all but 2-3 things in my life...and spending too much time with others who feel the same way...and it is kinda like an AA group with everyone passing around a jug of moonshine. I've just got to go sober up for a while.
wink.r191677.gif
I hate to lose you, also. I was impressed by your musical experiences. I recently recorded the movie for which you did the music. It was good.

Thanks for you and come back soon.

Originally posted by b0ne5:
I've always found it odd when I see stuff like "religious beliefs are personal" or "we should respect ppls beliefs." Those who use this board who may not have Christiian beliefs have to read through half a dozen "need prayers" this or "thank the Lord" that posts a day and rarely ever complain or judge about having to put up with seeing all of the Christian influenced jargon. But as soon as one of them says something that the Christians don't like they have to put up with all of the Christians, who should not judge lest they be judged, jumping down their throats over it. What gives Christians the right to post anything they want involving their beliefs while those who do not have the same beleifs are ridiculed?
If you don't believe anything, how are you ridiculed? Funny to me how non-Christians love to throw out one line of scripture from the Bible in order to put Christians in their places, when there are 1000's and thousands of scriptures they don't throw out that pertain to them. Why quote a Holy book you don't read, don't believe, don't study, and don't understand in order to get people to follow a rule that you don't follow yourself?

If you are ever lost, in trouble, hungry, hurt, isolated, or in need of help and sanctuary, find yourself some Christians and your chances of being OK will go up. If you don't want to get mugged, robbed, bullied, even killed, avoid folks who don't believe in anything.

I've always found it odd when I see stuff like "religious beliefs are personal" or "we should respect ppls beliefs." Those who use this board who may not have Christiian beliefs have to read through half a dozen "need prayers" this or "thank the Lord" that posts a day and rarely ever complain or judge about having to put up with seeing all of the Christian influenced jargon. But as soon as one of them says something that the Christians don't like they have to put up with all of the Christians, who should not judge lest they be judged, jumping down their throats over it. What gives Christians the right to post anything they want involving their beliefs while those who do not have the same beleifs are ridiculed?
and here it is.......exactly what she was talking about.........she says "I left because I got tired of anti-Christian posts often popping up in normal threads".

And bingo, you post an anti-christian post in a thread about the subject of the people who have left. Completely off topic but for some reason you feel like we give a shixt about how you feel about christians. Guess what, we don't.

Originally posted by Master of Reality:

and here it is.......exactly what she was talking about.........she says "I left because I got tired of anti-Christian posts often popping up in normal threads".

And bingo, you post an anti-christian post in a thread about the subject of the people who have left. Completely off topic but for some reason you feel like we give a shixt about how you feel about christians. Guess what, we don't.
Don't see it as anti Christian or pro Christian. If you want to write Religious stuff on a sports board, don't whine when people don't say amen. There is no reason to start an either religious or anti religious post on a sports board. But if someone does, they shouldn't get on the cross when others reply with a different opinion.

Titan, it's more than clear you're loved and appreciated on this site, and like others, I wish you wouldn't leave, as I too have thouroughly enjoyed your post. But I can surely understand your frustration at times regarding some of the anti-Christian post/replies, as well as the time spent on here when it takes away from other things that might require more time and energy...this has also weighed heavy on my mind the last few months.

I hope all goes well for you in your music business, and the Good Lord richly blesses you in whatever you try....thanks for your time on here...you have been a blessing to us all my Hog friend !!

Originally posted by Master of Reality:

Guess what??? Nobody cares how you feel either......

This is the exact thing we're talking about, people always turn it into what they believe in when no one asked and no one cares. Not being mean, just being honest man.

I mentioned titan's reason for leaving to show people how we can lose good posters because other people just can't help but share their beliefs on here. Pretty stupid reason to lose a great poster, especially since it's against the rules to begin with.

I don't care if someone's Christian or atheist on here, this is not the place to discuss it. But for some reason there's always a few who feel obligated to let everyone know about their personal beliefs. Put it on Facebook or Twitter, no one cares here. Again, not trying to be mean to bone because he's a good poster and one I like, I'm just emphasizing that this isn't the place to discuss personal beliefs and people have to start realizing it.

Originally posted by Treeclimber2:
I don't understand why anyone would totally leave the board. You can still get all the same information you want, without getting into the passing matches that happen on the daily. I've argued with people, put people down, been put down, don't agree with some people's beliefs, attitudes, fakeness, whatever. But that doesn't mean I don't wanna know what's happening in the Razorback world.
What really sucks, is all the good info guys/girls are getting ran off by people that don't have any info and don't add anything to the board.
Sometimes...it's just time. As Danny alluded to earlier...I've had a love/hate relationship with the board...as I know many of us have. The info is top notch...the camaraderie is awesome...but the trolling is often abusive and childish. My own issue is that I always get sucked in to a disagreement because I'm strong-willed and opinionated...and I just love the Hogs too much to keep placing myself in "harm's way."

I know it'll be tough around football time...but honestly, I need to regain some focus on my job. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and need to start thinking about my next moves in the music business and get more serious.

I hope the board continues to grow...and I hope some of the trolls decide to stop trolling. The board's already great...but will get even better when that happens.
Titan, I'm still waiting for you to get serious and team up with Joe Nichols or Justin Moore or another big Razorback fan and write a song "For the love of the hogs".
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This is the exact thing we're talking about, people always turn it into what they believe in when no one asked and no one cares. Not being mean, just being honest man.

I mentioned titan's reason for leaving to show people how we can lose good posters because other people just can't help but share their beliefs on here. Pretty stupid reason to lose a great poster, especially since it's against the rules to begin with.

I don't care if someone's Christian or atheist on here, this is not the place to discuss it. But for some reason there's always a few who feel obligated to let everyone know about their personal beliefs. Put it on Facebook or Twitter, no one cares here. Again, not trying to be mean to bone because he's a good poster and one I like, I'm just emphasizing that this isn't the place to discuss personal beliefs and people have to start realizing it.
^^^^^case in point^^^^^ . Why did you not go after 7777 or others?, he was far more one sided then Bone on this.

I like 7777 and pretty much agree with him most times, however I am with WMFC and bone on this one .

I also am not religious nor am I anti religion. I don't think a sports board is a place for religion (or anti-religion) or politics,it does however seem pretty darn clear where the mods lay on the subject.

Best thing to do is just keep it of the board IMO (either side).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT