ADVERTISEMENT

Pleased and yet deeply disapointed

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:
Originally posted by jhskiier:
sience is cool kids.
Sure is. Where does the genetic get introduced? Cool story about intelligent beings using properties to create non living things. Thanks for proving my point.
^^^still believes in Bigfoot & the Easter bunny^^^

Originaly posted by Mr.Razorback:

sience is cool kids.
Sure is. Where does the genetic get introduced? Cool story about intelligent beings using properties to create non living things. Thanks for proving my point.
^^^^^ believs in the probability equal to the entire state of Texas being buried under 4 feet of quarters all facing heads side up and him finding the one quarter that is facing tales up......ON THE FIRST TRY

Comparing the Tebow situation with the Sam situation and saying the opposite happened is ignorant in my opinion. The media has been all over Tebow's nuts for years, until they finally figured out he sucked as a QB. Even though he was really average the media praised him over and over again. The only people who slammed Tebow were the sports fans who didn't like him. And the exact same thing is happening with Sam. So those situations are not different at all. Saying Tebow is getting slammed by the media while Sam is getting called a hero is very ignorant. I've seen several people on Facebook and twitter posting a picture saying that, and its ridiculous. It's called a hot news story and the media will keep playing it over and over again until a new story comes up. It is NOT a new thing and will always happen. Most of you are just mad because you hate gays. That's all there is to it.

rzrbk7777, I couldn't agree with you more especially concerning political correctness and the stifling of rights to see things as I choose. I don't say a whole lot because sometimes it's just not worth it and the million rebuttals you'll face because of how you express your thoughts/convictions are expected but I value your viewpoint and understand where it comes from. I appreciate your posts on the matter.

It all comes down to what you believe. Barack Obama and the Hollywood micro social groups or Billy Graham and the Bible.
Easy choice.

Originaly posted by Mr.Razorback:

sience is cool kids.
^^^^^ believs in the probability equal to the entire state of Texas being buried under 4 feet of quarters all facing heads side up and him finding the one quarter that is facing tales up......ON THE FIRST TRY

This post was edited on 5/15 11:23 AM by hpharri1994

I've got bad news for some of you. Evolution is a FACT. The earth is about 4.5 billion years old.

These are scientific facts. They are not up for debate. If you refuse to accept these facts then there is no discussion to be had. You can't pick and choose which facts you pay attention to in an attempt to further your argument.

I'll never understand why some people want to ignore all knowledge and education that goes against anything they think to be true.

Originally posted by hpharri1994:
I've got bad news for some of you. Evolution is a FACT. The earth is about 4.5 billion years old.

These are scientific facts. They are not up for debate. If you refuse to accept these facts then there is no discussion to be had. You can't pick and choose which facts you pay attention to in an attempt to further your argument.

I'll never understand why some people want to ignore all knowledge and education that goes against anything they think to be true.
I got bad news for you, you don't know that. Unless there was a means of measuring and recording all pertinent data through the ages and current scientists now have access to all of it, all they can do is take what little they actually know and guess the rest. No way of knowing even a small fraction of the variables that would alter whatever "facts" scientists use as their proof.

As far as evolution, the mere notion that life can come from random chance, evolve into complex beings in a multitude of forms, and do it on a planet that somehow provides all of the delicate yet necessary things in just the right mixtures to sustain such life in so many forms is akin to winning the powerball every week for life times a 1000. Just not likely at all.

You can go back 100 years and sift through the scientific "facts" of the time and you will be amazed at just how little scientists actually knew. 100 years from now you could do the same thing. By trying to find answers to things that have never been known, scientists have always had the luxury of being able to claim guesses as fact w/o having anybody out there to refute such things.The arrogance and ignorance of man will always lead him to think he knows more than he possibly could. For you to spout "facts" that can't be debated on evolution and the age of the earth is a prime example of both. You couldn't prove either with a gun to your head and your life depending on it.

Originally posted by rzrbk7777:

I got bad news for you, you don't know that. Unless there was a means of measuring and recording all pertinent data through the ages and current scientists now have access to all of it, all they can do is take what little they actually know and guess the rest. No way of knowing even a small fraction of the variables that would alter whatever "facts" scientists use as their proof.

As far as evolution, the mere notion that life can come from random chance, evolve into complex beings in a multitude of forms, and do it on a planet that somehow provides all of the delicate yet necessary things in just the right mixtures to sustain such life in so many forms is akin to winning the powerball every week for life times a 1000. Just not likely at all.

You can go back 100 years and sift through the scientific "facts" of the time and you will be amazed at just how little scientists actually knew. 100 years from now you could do the same thing. By trying to find answers to things that have never been known, scientists have always had the luxury of being able to claim guesses as fact w/o having anybody out there to refute such things.The arrogance and ignorance of man will always lead him to think he knows more than he possibly could. For you to spout "facts" that can't be debated on evolution and the age of the earth is a prime example of both. You couldn't prove either with a gun to your head and your life depending on it.
Sigh. It is pretty sad how many people actually believe that.

As Bill Nye said , "If you want to deny evolution and live in your world, in your world that’s completely inconsistent with everything we observe in the universe, that’s fine, but don’t make your kids do it because we need them.
We need scientifically literate voters and taxpayers for the future. We need people that can… we need engineers that can build stuff, solve problems."

I do find it a little funny that you are telling me how unlikely evolution is while also telling me that some magical man created two people out of thin air.
This post was edited on 5/15 1:15 PM by hpharri1994

As Bill Nye said , "If you want to deny evolution and live in your world, in your world that's completely inconsistent with everything we observe in the universe, that's fine, but don't make your kids do it because we need them.

We need scientifically literate voters and taxpayers for the future. We need people that can… we need engineers that can build stuff, solve problems."

I do find it a little funny that you are telling me how unlikely evolution is while also telling me that some magical man created two people out of thin air.

Oh well, if Bill Nye said it........

Had a guy arguing for global warming tell me that Antarctica was the warmest it's been in 10.000 years. I asked him a few questions.

Who went down there and measured it back then?

What did they use to measure it with and how did they record their findings?

With the absolute lack of cars and industrial pollutants back then, what caused it to be so warm?

And the biggie, how did they fix it back then?

The guy looked stunned at first and then moved into the arrogant indignation that is a staple of a cornered liberal. Never did answer any of my questions though.

Unlike scientists of 100 years ago who have had their "facts" proved wrong, there has been a huge absence of scientists able to definitively refute a book written 2000+ years ago. They have tried, but have yet to actually disprove anything. If that isn't Devine writing.......You choose not to believe in God, yet you blindly believe a faction(science) that has spent centuries proving itself wrong way more often than proving itself right. The biggest flaw of man is his inability to grasp just how little he actually knows.

I feel sorry for you. If I am right, then this flawed life I lead is not the end all do all. I have better to look forward to. If you are right, we will still end up dead for eternity no matter what either of us believes. The difference is I have hope of better things as I wrestle through the trials and tribulations of life and I don't fear the deterioration of my mind and body as I creep closer to death. Folks like you have nothing to hope for and nothing to cling to except your perpetually dying self. How sad.

As Bill Nye said , "If you want to deny evolution and live in your world, in your world that's completely inconsistent with everything we observe in the universe, that's fine, but don't make your kids do it because we need them.

Had a guy arguing for global warming tell me that Antarctica was the warmest it's been in 10.000 years. I asked him a few questions.

With the absolute lack of cars and industrial pollutants back then, what caused it to be so warm?

The guy looked stunned at first and then moved into the arrogant indignation that is a staple of a cornered liberal. Never did answer any of my questions though.

Unlike scientists of 100 years ago who have had their "facts" proved wrong, there has been a huge absence of scientists able to definitively refute a book written 2000+ years ago. They have tried, but have yet to actually disprove anything. If that isn't Devine writing.......You choose not to believe in God, yet you blindly believe a faction(science) that has spent centuries proving itself wrong way more often than proving itself right. The biggest flaw of man is his inability to grasp just how little he actually knows.

I feel sorry for you. If I am right, then this flawed life I lead is not the end all do all. I have better to look forward to. If you are right, we will still end up dead for eternity no matter what either of us believes. The difference is I have hope of better things as I wrestle through the trials and tribulations of life and I don't fear the deterioration of my mind and body as I creep closer to death. Folks like you have nothing to hope for and nothing to cling to except your perpetually dying self. How sad.
Yes it is sad that all you have to cling to and hope for is that there is some life after this one.

You referring to science as a faction is telling. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

You pretty much just said that you believe in God because you are afraid of death and need something to hope for after this life. I don't know if there is a God. None of us truly do. I wouldn't call myself an atheist. I am willing to admit that I just don't know. I have a hard time believing in something for which there is absolutely zero proof.

Yes it is sad that all you have to cling to and hope for is that there is some life after this one.

You referring to science as a faction is telling. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

You pretty much just said that you believe in God because you are afraid of death and need something to hope for after this life. I don't know if there is a God. None of us truly do. I wouldn't call myself an atheist. I am willing to admit that I just don't know. I have a hard time believing in something for which there is absolutely zero proof.
What do you cling to? The realization that every day the inevitable end is one day closer? The realization that you can't freeze time, can't stop the aging process, that every new wrinkle and every ache and pain is just going to get worse? The realization that no matter how well you manage to fulfill your dreams you will lose them anyway? Yeah, I reckon by your standards my faith based hope seems sad by comparison.

And there is proof. But you have to seek it. It isn't going to just present itself to those who don't want to see it. God is not some magical man and the proof you don't see isn't going to show itself in a magical trick. Good luck to you, though that will not be enough if you are wrong.

Oh and to the science stuff that only the ignorant see as a faction in your eyes. Just a few examples:

When I was a kid in the 60's they used to run a disclaimer for aspirin ads that aspirin could be hard on your heart. Scientific fact. 50 years later they tell you that aspirin not only isn't bad for your heart but good for it. Which scientific fact is correct?

Same time period the biggest fear other than nuclear destruction was the hole in the ozone. Said we were all going to fry if we didn't fix it. After all kinds of new government regs and restrictions, they came to the conclusion that "maybe" it has always been there and actually helped dispel pollutants out of the atmosphere. Funny how scientific facts change over time. The new regulations stayed though and we didn't get a refund on the untold tax dollars we threw at it.

I can look up lots and lots more if you like. I find it amazing how often the scientific facts that folks like you tout like a smoking gun end up not being facts at all. Global warming is fact so you say. But when the weather turned harsh in the winter and mild in the summer for a few years, it was changed to climate change. That way, no matter what the weather does, it can be passed off as human caused. How very convenient.

You see, scientists need crisis to keep the money rolling in and liberal politicians need crisis to raise more taxes and create more rules. You would think with all of our scientific advances and our ability to change the earth's climate by accident, that we could conjure up a rainstorm in a drought, stop a flooding rain, divert hurricanes and tornadoes, or at least stop volcanoes and earthquakes from wreaking havock . But no, when it comes to actually fixing something that has to do with God's nature(there is no mother), we are as helpless as we ever were. All we can do is take cover and clean up the mess as best we can. Just like the rest of the animal world. Funny how small we really are in the grand scheme of things.

Originally posted by WMFC:
Comparing the Tebow situation with the Sam situation and saying the opposite happened is ignorant in my opinion. The media has been all over Tebow's nuts for years, until they finally figured out he sucked as a QB. Even though he was really average the media praised him over and over again. The only people who slammed Tebow were the sports fans who didn't like him. And the exact same thing is happening with Sam. So those situations are not different at all. Saying Tebow is getting slammed by the media while Sam is getting called a hero is very ignorant. I've seen several people on Facebook and twitter posting a picture saying that, and its ridiculous. It's called a hot news story and the media will keep playing it over and over again until a new story comes up. It is NOT a new thing and will always happen. Most of you are just mad because you hate gays. That's all there is to it.
IT would be if that's what I said lol.

I meant the media was all in love with Tebow and Sam because they fit into this pretty little P.C. story.

How ever with Johny Football they talked about him but it was much more of a bashing as he didn't fit into the P.C. world.

Originally posted by WMFC:
You are mis-remembering.

Tebow was absolutely slammed for his religion... He was the object of much ridicule by the press... We live in a very Christianphobic ..

Meanwhile... Michael Sam is up on a pedestal for his sexual orientation.

Great thread with varying opinions, and nobody has called anybody a name...yet. I hope it continues on.

Everybody is passionate about what they believe. That is only natural. If we play "nice", we should be able to keep this thread up.

Originally posted by Pigasus22:

Great thread with varying opinions, and nobody has called anybody a name...yet. I hope it continues on.

Everybody is passionate about what they believe. That is only natural. If we play "nice", we should be able to keep this thread up.
Pegansus, it is clean because I delete threads when people start the name calling of other posters.

Originally posted by original hambone:

Originally posted by Pigasus22:

Pegansus, it is clean because I delete threads when people start the name calling of other posters.
Well that explains it, OH! And foolish me thought we were doing such a great job
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Reply to thread

Re: Pleased and yet deeply disapointed[/URL]rzrbk7777 posted on 5/15/2014...

Oh and to the science stuff that only the ignorant see as a faction in your eyes. Just a few examples:

When I was a kid in the 60's they used to run a disclaimer for aspirin ads that aspirin could be hard on your heart. Scientific fact. 50 years later they tell you that aspirin not only isn't bad for your heart but good for it. Which scientific fact is correct?

Same time period the biggest fear other than nuclear destruction was the hole in the ozone. Said we were all going to fry if we didn't fix it. After all kinds of new government regs and restrictions, they came to the conclusion that "maybe" it has always been there and actually helped dispel pollutants out of the atmosphere. Funny how scientific facts change over time. The new regulations stayed though and we didn't get a refund on the untold tax dollars we threw at it.

I can look up lots and lots more if you like. I find it amazing how often the scientific facts that folks like you tout like a smoking gun end up not being facts at all. Global warming is fact so you say. But when the weather turned harsh in the winter and mild in the summer for a few years, it was changed to climate change. That way, no matter what the weather does, it can be passed off as human caused. How very convenient.

You see, scientists need crisis to keep the money rolling in and liberal politicians need crisis to raise more taxes and create more rules. You would think with all of our scientific advances and our ability to change the earth's climate by accident, that we could conjure up a rainstorm in a drought, stop a flooding rain, divert hurricanes and tornadoes, or at least stop volcanoes and earthquakes from wreaking havock . But no, when it comes to actually fixing something that has to do with God's nature(there is no mother), we are as helpless as we ever were. All we can do is take cover and clean up the mess as best we can. Just like the rest of the animal world. Funny how small we really are in the grand scheme of things.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Great post!!!

ADVERTISEMENT