ADVERTISEMENT

The flag and the national anthem

sarkk

Letterman
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2006
I will never watch an NFL game again as long as we pander to these idiots who don't recognize our flag and national anthem . None of them kneeling ever had a fight to have fear to work have a brother buddies on their uniform into see the flag as it represented those dying on the field. Make them do one year of combat and I guarantee you not one of them will ever hang their heads again

They. Are. Not. Protesting. The. Flag.

Stop spewing a BS narrative. They are protesting injustice, specifically racial injustice. Now, since POTUS made it about him, they are protesting him. In fact, most veterans say they support the right to kneel and it is what they fight for, even if they disagree with it.

Either you agree with the First Admendment or not.

Reactions: Woodshed 1914

Stop spewing a BS narrative. They are protesting injustice, specifically racial injustice. Now, since POTUS made it about him, they are protesting him. In fact, most veterans say they support the right to kneel and it is what they fight for, even if they disagree with it.

I will never watch another NBA game or another NFL game other than Cowboys, and after tonight, maybe not Cowboys as they are supposed to protest. Had maverick and cowboy season tickets for nearly 30 years.

That is so much BS. They can say they are protesting racial inequalities, but why do it during a National Anthem for all Americans!! All of us agree that it is their right to protest, but it is very mis-guided and offensive to a lot of Americans. I don't agree with much of Trump's decisions or Obama's either, but you should not kneel/sit during the National Anthem. It's your right and its my right to think you are not very bright and can fire you if I so choose.

So you don't feel in any way that it is disrespectful to those who have given their life for this country?

So you don't feel in any way that it is disrespectful to those who have given their life for this country?
Ask veterans why they fight. It's to protect our freedoms, regardless of how people choose to exercise said freedoms. None of you cared a year ago when this started until the President blew his dog whistle.

That is so much BS. They can say they are protesting racial inequalities, but why do it during a National Anthem for all Americans!! All of us agree that it is their right to protest, but it is very mis-guided and offensive to a lot of Americans. I don't agree with much of Trump's decisions or Obama's either, but you should not kneel/sit during the National Anthem. It's your right and its my right to think you are not very bright and can fire you if I so choose.
The freedom to do the act is bigger and more important than the act. Come on.

Ask veterans why they fight. It's to protect our freedoms, regardless of how people choose to exercise said freedoms. None of you cared a year ago when this started until the President blew his dog whistle.
Totally inaccurate.

Reactions: mk56
I've always cared - thought CK was an idiot then and still do. I don't get why you don't understand that 99% of people know that they have the right to protest. Do you see people calling for their arrest? It is everyone else's right to strongly dislike their actions and not support the organizations that promote this BS. And I think Trump was wrong to state his opinion in the manner he did.

You mean last year when Kaepernick sat. Yeah, didn't hear anything then

This whole argument is going right over your head as it does with most liberals
What do conservatives believe in, really? Your opinions on matters depend more on what letter is beside someone's name than the substance of their argument.

Were you guys boycotting the NFL the last year when this was happening with players, not just Kapernick, all over the NFL? The only reason you saw massive kneeling this weekend was because everyone was protesting the moronic comments by POTUS. Meanwhile some people who march with confederate flags, chanting 'blood and soil' and holding torches are very fine people...

What do conservatives believe in, really? Your opinions on matters depend more on what letter is beside someone's name than the substance of their argument.

Were you guys boycotting the NFL the last year when this was happening with players, not just Kapernick, all over the NFL? The only reason you saw massive kneeling this weekend was because everyone was protesting the moronic comments by POTUS. Meanwhile some people who march with confederate flags, chanting 'blood and soil' and holding torches are very fine people...
I stated that I won't boycott, I just strongly disagree with the kneelers and sitters. I hate White Supremists and Nazis more than anyone

If they want to kneel then let them kneel. If the fans want to protest a displeasure from them by not buying tickets or going to the game then so be it. Let them play over seas. when the fans which have the right to protest the protesters, and they do, since it's our freedom to do so, then the NFL players will have to sell those big houses and those high dollar sport cars. When the game starts let the fans turn around, Every body in the crowd start singing the National anthem.

If they want to kneel then let them kneel. If the fans want to protest a displeasure from them by not buying tickets or going to the game then so be it. Let them play over seas. when the fans which have the right to protest the protesters, and they do, since it's our freedom to do so, then the NFL players will have to sell those big houses and those high dollar sport cars. When the game starts let the fans turn around, Every body in the crowd start singing the National anthem.

These players are nothing but political pawns for the left. The majority of these idiots do not even know why they are protesting.

These players are nothing but political pawns for the left. The majority of these idiots do not even know why they are protesting.

This post is so F.O.S. that even my eyes are turning brown. Most of these NFL players are highly educated men with elite physical talents. The fact that you broadly categorize them as idiots tells me all that i need to know about you.

Reactions: qteezy
And the only one using them as political pawns right now is Trump so no one notices a cruel health care bill and the fact most of his advisers used private emails for official business (gasp).

And the only one using them as political pawns right now is Trump so no one notices a cruel health care bill and the fact most of his advisers used private emails for official business (gasp).

Don't forget the cluster f#ck that is North Korea. He's like a snake charmer to some of these people.

Reactions: qteezy

Yes, I was boycotting last year and will continue. They have the right to stage their protest.I have the right to stage mine.

Yes, I was boycotting last year and will continue. They have the right to stage their protest.I have the right to stage mine.
Agreed. That's what freedom means and why people fight to preserve freedom for both sides.

Why don't people realize that they have the right to kneel but are not protected from their employer firing them? They are on company time. A proper protest would be on their own time before or after the game. Not during the one symbol that unites us all. You cant claim a desire for unity when you separate yourself during a defining moment of unity. It is not logical.

Professional athletes have a platform that is bought and paid for by their employers. The owners have the right to determine if, how, and where that platform is used.

I believe in the full freedom of speech. It is clearly protected. Those on the left insist that people are not free from the consequences of their speech and in a free market society that is 100% accurate. Protest all you want, just not on company time. To disrespect the anthem and the flag by using that moment, of which I support the right to do, you must also be ready to accept the consequences of that highly controversial action of speech.

Reactions: mk56
This post is so F.O.S. that even my eyes are turning brown. Most of these NFL players are highly educated men with elite physical talents. The fact that you broadly categorize them as idiots tells me all that i need to know about you.
These players do have elite physical talents, but, to say MOST are highly educated, that's a stretch.

These players do have elite physical talents, but, to say MOST are highly educated, that's a stretch.

"Over half of the players in the National Football League have college degrees. This is a better ratio than any other major sports league and is partially due to the drafting process." - www.reference.com

Colin Kaepernick has a degree is business management by the way.

"Over half of the players in the National Football League have college degrees. This is a better ratio than any other major sports league and is partially due to the drafting process." - www.reference.com

Colin Kaepernick has a degree is business management by the way.
How many take watered down courses to remain eligible? How many don't even go to class? How many turn pro after their junior season? I don't know the percentages but lots of them do and you know it. Anyway, just because someone may have a college degree in something doesn't necessarily make them highly educated. I would agree that some are but not most.

How many take watered down courses to remain eligible? How many don't even go to class? How many turn pro after their junior season? I don't know the percentages but lots of them do and you know it. Anyway, just because someone may have a college degree in something doesn't necessarily make them highly educated. I would agree that some are but not most.

Kaepernick has a bachelors in Business management.

Russell Wilson has a bachelors in communications and a masters in educational leadership and policy analysis.

Drew Brees has a bachelors in Industrial Management.

Phillip Rivers has a degree in Business.

Patrick Willis has a degree in Criminal Justice and plans on being a cop in the bay area when he retires.

Navarro Bowman has a degree in Crime,Law,and Justice.

Richard Sherman has a degree in Communications(Stanford) and has begun working towards his Masters degree.

Eli Manning has a degree in Marketing.

Nick Foles has a degree in Communications.

RG3 has a degree in Political Science and is working on a Masters in Communications.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has a degree in Economics (Harvard) and a 1580 (out of 1600) SAT score.

Ben Roethlisberger has a degree in Education.

Troy Polamula has a degree in History.

Jimmy Graham has a degree in Business and a double major in Marketing and Management.

Vernon Davis has an Art Degree.

Alex Smith has a degree in Economics (earned in 2 years) and began working on his Masters before being drafted.

Mike Glennon has a Bachelors in Business Management and a Master of Arts in Liberal Studies.

Jay Cutler has a Bachelors in human and organizational development.

List goes on... and on... and on.... the NFL is not like Baseball where you can make the jump from high school to the Majors. The vast majority of these men have either fished or completed at 75% of a post secondary education.

Kaepernick has a bachelors in Business management.

Russell Wilson has a bachelors in communications and a masters in educational leadership and policy analysis.

Drew Brees has a bachelors in Industrial Management.

Phillip Rivers has a degree in Business.

Patrick Willis has a degree in Criminal Justice and plans on being a cop in the bay area when he retires.

Navarro Bowman has a degree in Crime,Law,and Justice.

Richard Sherman has a degree in Communications(Stanford) and has begun working towards his Masters degree.

Eli Manning has a degree in Marketing.

Nick Foles has a degree in Communications.

RG3 has a degree in Political Science and is working on a Masters in Communications.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has a degree in Economics (Harvard) and a 1580 (out of 1600) SAT score.

Ben Roethlisberger has a degree in Education.

Troy Polamula has a degree in History.

Jimmy Graham has a degree in Business and a double major in Marketing and Management.

Vernon Davis has an Art Degree.

Alex Smith has a degree in Economics (earned in 2 years) and began working on his Masters before being drafted.

Mike Glennon has a Bachelors in Business Management and a Master of Arts in Liberal Studies.

Jay Cutler has a Bachelors in human and organizational development.

List goes on... and on... and on.... the NFL is not like Baseball where you can make the jump from high school to the Majors. The vast majority of these men have either fished or completed at 75% of a post secondary education.[If you believe this group is highly educated, overall, that's fine. I don't. We just disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT