ADVERTISEMENT

trouble in St Louis

A

anon_j0hjgb7us6s1a

this is a real shame

This post was edited on 8/11 7:38 PM by ohlordy

Mall

STL mall retailers were put on alert this morning by police. This was a planned contingency option by the police and the malls if a mob formed or activities began in the malls. I believe this may have saved lives today. You can't riot the mall if you can't get in.

Now on the other hand what in the name of God does rioting at a mall have to do with a kid getting shot on the street? It's just pure stupidity and ignorance.

This post was edited on 8/11 8:22 PM by BOSSHOGFREE

I was thinking of the friends I have in St Louis as well as any Hog family connections we have up there

That mall is in a very nice part of town but the whole complexion of its customer base changed dramatically a few years ago when a light rail station went in nearby. It's now a magnet for hundreds and hundreds of kids from throughout the area, completely changing what was a great place to shop. It is no surprise trouble has sprung up.

My son's girlfriend lives in a pretty diverse part of the city and he brought her to our house tonight. The fallout from this incident is spreading very quickly.

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:
STL mall retailers were put on alert this morning by police. This was a planned contingency option by the police and the malls if a mob formed or activities began in the malls. I believe this may have saved lives today. You can't riot the mall if you can't get in.

Now on the other hand what in the name of God does rioting at a mall have to do with a kid getting shot on the street? It's just pure stupidity and ignorance.

This post was edited on 8/11 8:22 PM by BOSSHOGFREE
Could not agree more.

Are the comments to these stories real?/Gosh I hope not. Read the story that OLordy linked then read the comments. Click "Read all".
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Why don't they riot and loot the police station instead of a shopping center or grocery store? Because they'd get shot. Perfect example of why you need concealed carry.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

1979...open your eyes and look at this from someone's perspective other than your own.

This is a perfect example of why we DO NOT need to carry weapons or have more guns/less gun restriction. What the hell is your gun going to do at a mall, if a mod of 100's of rioters are also concealed carrying?

I'm no rocket scientist here...but I think that means you're probably going to get shot.

Originally posted by brokenarrow hawg:
Hey boss that's easy to say on here right
What is that supposed to mean? Even if the kid was killed in cold blood what is a riot looking to prove,?

Originally posted by brokenarrow hawg:
Hey boss that's easy to say on here right
What is that supposed to mean? Even if the kid was killed in cold blood what is a riot looking to prove,?
This. No way in hell the riots and idiotic behavior can be defended.

Originally posted by broken arrow hawg:
So that's the first thing come to your mind getting a gun right
Well for my own protection.... Yes. I can assure you having a gun would be a lot better in that situation than say..... Nothing. Of course I'm talking about law abiding citizens that follow the law and don't just shoot people unless they are attacked and your talking about deranged rioting criminals set out to steal, hurt, and even kill innocent people. . Apples and oranges and all that.

boss I rather talk football with u and keep it at that i think it emotions getting the best of me and I think rioting is wrong but what happen to that kid was wrong

So that's the first thing come to your mind getting a gun right
Well for my own protection.... Yes. I can assure you having a gun would be a lot better in that situation than say..... Nothing. Of course I'm talking about law abiding citizens that follow the law and don't just shoot people unless they are attacked and your talking about deranged rioting criminals set out to steal, hurt, and even kill innocent people. . Apples and oranges and all that.
This

Originally posted by RzrbckDS:

1979...open your eyes and look at this from someone's perspective other than your own.

This is a perfect example of why we DO NOT need to carry weapons or have more guns/less gun restriction. What the hell is your gun going to do at a mall, if a mod of 100's of rioters are also concealed carrying?

I'm no rocket scientist here...but I think that means you're probably going to get shot.
Which side do you need to look from that condones or even attempts to justify this kind of behavior that makes it unsafe to go to a mall to shop exactly?
Would you like someone to put their arms around them, tell them its not their fault that they have chosen to riot, loot and harm others? Society's fault, Cops fault - any and everyone's fault other than their own I'm sure.. Nah, I'll choose to keep the gun thanks..
But, at the same time you have to be smart enough to stay clear of the area for now until the cops can clean the trash up.

I'll never understand rioting & looting. That's stealing and destruction of property. Both are against the law. How can anyone in their right mind think this is a civilized way to resolve anything? SMH

boss I rather talk football with u and keep it at that i think it emotions getting the best of me and I think rioting is wrong but what happen to that kid was wrong
I dont know what happened to that kid. Neither do you or the people rioting. However if he did fight with the cops in the car and tried to take their weapon then there will be video and audio of the altercation. Why arent the "leaders" of this riot asking for that information instead of taking it out on innocent citizens? . Because they are lawless irresponsible idiots that are violence prone. Otherwise they would simply use the media to obtain what they really need to find the truth. Good, bad, or in different. But theres no cause for riot if the cops were justified in shooting a kid resisting arrest and attempting to steal their weapon and use it against them. If that information showed a cold blooded murder then the cops would have to be held accountable. Not my grandmother, your sister, and our friends who are either shopping or working at the mall. So as you said your emotions aren't allowing you to even attempt to see reality.

Originally posted by BluffHawg:
I'll never understand rioting & looting. That's stealing and destruction of property. Both are against the law. How can anyone in their right mind think this is a civilized way to resolve anything? SMH
It's not about solving things. It's about getting free stuff!

Other than potentially the police officer, the bad guys here don't live in the community of Ferguson. It's like white blood cells on a disease... they show up from all corners when they see a weakness and then the stories are about rioting because of the murder. That's not what the rioting is about at all.

Ferguson is not North St. Louis... it's actually a fairly nice suburb in North County. That said, this is pretty isolated. I live one mile from the Galleria. Everything is under control there. It's sad to say the least. The parents of the young man are asking for peace in their community and saying their son wouldn't want any of this, especially in his name. This is a case of individuals using an incident to be lawless and take advantage for their own personal gain (looting). It is sad to see it in our city. Know that 95% of StL is fine tonight that this will pass as all incidents do.

I would ask anyone I talk to about this to not over-generalize or make assumptions about what's happening. And please keep in mind, the folks that really support this family and their community are peacefully demonstrating.... the others don't care about this young man or his family.

Origearlly posted by stl590:
Ferguson is not North St. Louis... it's actually a fairly nice suburb in North County. That said, this is pretty isolated. I live one mile from the Galleria. Everything is under control there. It's sad to say the least. The parents of the young man are asking for peace in their community and saying their son wouldn't want any of this, especially in his name. This is a case of individuals using an incident to be lawless and take advantage for their own personal gain (looting). It is sad to see it in our city. Know that 95% of StL is fine tonight that this will pass as all incidents do.

I would ask anyone I talk to about this to not over-generalize or make assumptions about what's happening. And please keep in mind, the folks that really support this family and their community are peacefully demonstrating.... the others don't care about this young man or his family.
Very well stated and good to hear

April 26, 1992 there was a riot on the streets
Tell me, where were you?
You were sittin home, watchin your TV
While I was paticipatin in some anarchy

First spot we hit it was my liquor store
I finally got all that alcohol I cant afford
With red lights flashin, time to retire
And then we turned that liquor store into a structure fire

Next stop, we hit it was the music shop
It only took one brick to make that window drop
Finally we got our own P.A., where do you think
I got this guitar that youre hearing today?

Originally posted by HogView:
April 26, 1992 there was a riot on the streets
Tell me, where were you?
You were sittin home, watchin your TV
While I was paticipatin in some anarchy

First spot we hit it was my liquor store
I finally got all that alcohol I cant afford
With red lights flashin, time to retire
And then we turned that liquor store into a structure fire

Next stop, we hit it was the music shop
It only took one brick to make that window drop
Finally we got our own P.A., where do you think
I got this guitar that youre hearing today?
I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough
'Cause you notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring

Just an excuse to break into places and steal stuff. They don't care about the kid that got shot...he's just an excuse they use so they can steal. imo

Looking at the pictures and videos and seeing who was participating in the ridiculous behavior I'm in now way surprised.

Originally posted by Hogalong:
Just an excuse to break into places and steal stuff. They don't care about the kid that got shot...he's just an excuse they use so they can steal. imo
Agreed!

If folks bring dog whistle racism to a serious situation with zero comprehension of the facts involved then I'm going to call you out.

"Just an excuse to break into places and steal stuff. They don't care about the kid that got shot...he's just an excuse they use so they can steal."

Your also ignoring the many sources reporting that violence and looting involved an incredibly small percentage of the people involved in protesting.

Whether you know it or not... A intellectual approach that minimizes these events and ridicules blacks folks for freaking out, even when that freak out brings unfortunate fringe effects, is at least as corrosive as saying N-word.

On the personal attack.... To paraphrase Chris Rock.... I love white people.... But I hate crackers

Reactions: SausagePatty
saint-louis.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT