ADVERTISEMENT

Wanna see a big Black Bear?

I'm an avid hunter but just not sure I ever want to kill a bear. I can't imagine myself eating the thing so I just couldn't shoot it. Would love to see one in the wild though.

WOW! Lots of Questions.

The bear was shot in Wisconsin.I live in Alaska.Bear meat is excellent. Especially assausage.People might want to hunt bear to eat or to salvage the hide. In Alaska, you HAVE to salvage the meat of anything you kill. Failure to do so means surrendering your rifle, the auto or ATV you used to transport yourself to the kill, your hunting license up to life, and up to a $10,000 fine. I wish other states had the same law. I do not believe in shooting an animal just to shoot it. Judging by the crew in the photo, that bear is mostly sausage and rug now.Nothing wrong with Liberal or Conservatives, as long as they have the sense to know that they are not always right. In Arkansas, I am a Liberal. In Alaska, I am a modrate. In California, I would likely be Conservative. All of these are using the common understanding based upon the priorities of the two major parties. That being said, Edmund Burke created the Conservative Philosophy in opposition to democracy and in support of Monarchy rule. While I may be conservative in my views of certain issues, I can never call myself a Conservative philosophically.I own plenty of guns and kill plenty of animals and believe the environment needs to be protected before we have nothing to hunt and kill. Maybe I am a tree hugger, but I have sense enough to know not to piss in my drinking water and that global warming is real. :) Go Hogs!
Did I miss anything?

Originally posted by ermackey:
WOW! Lots of Questions.

The bear was shot in Wisconsin.
I live in Alaska.
Bear meat is excellent. Especially assausage.
People might want to hunt bear to eat or to salvage the hide. In Alaska, you HAVE to salvage the meat of anything you kill. Failure to do so means surrendering your rifle, the auto or ATV you used to transport yourself to the kill, your hunting license up to life, and up to a $10,000 fine. I wish other states had the same law. I do not believe in shooting an animal just to shoot it. Judging by the crew in the photo, that bear is mostly sausage and rug now.
Nothing wrong with Liberal or Conservatives, as long as they have the sense to know that they are not always right. In Arkansas, I am a Liberal. In Alaska, I am a modrate. In California, I would likely be Conservative. All of these are using the common understanding based upon the priorities of the two major parties. That being said, Edmund Burke created the Conservative Philosophy in opposition to democracy and in support of Monarchy rule. While I may be conservative in my views of certain issues, I can never call myself a Conservative philosophically.
I own plenty of guns and kill plenty of animals and believe the environment needs to be protected before we have nothing to hunt and kill. Maybe I am a tree hugger, but I have sense enough to know not to piss in my drinking water and that global warming is real. :)
Go Hogs!
Did I miss anything?
Cool Deal, I am just against people that drop game just for the trophy. the ones that shoot something with not intention of eating it, bring it to a taxademist and ask for the hyde and the head to be mounted on a stand and have the meat tossed. I am no tree hugger, and sure do love me some deer meat and turkey. Jerky is the best.

Originally posted by shnuke:
Originally posted by ermackey:
WOW! Lots of Questions.

The bear was shot in Wisconsin. I live in Alaska. Bear meat is excellent. Especially assausage. People might want to hunt bear to eat or to salvage the hide. In Alaska, you HAVE to salvage the meat of anything you kill. Failure to do so means surrendering your rifle, the auto or ATV you used to transport yourself to the kill, your hunting license up to life, and up to a $10,000 fine. I wish other states had the same law. I do not believe in shooting an animal just to shoot it. Judging by the crew in the photo, that bear is mostly sausage and rug now. Nothing wrong with Liberal or Conservatives, as long as they have the sense to know that they are not always right. In Arkansas, I am a Liberal. In Alaska, I am a modrate. In California, I would likely be Conservative. All of these are using the common understanding based upon the priorities of the two major parties. That being said, Edmund Burke created the Conservative Philosophy in opposition to democracy and in support of Monarchy rule. While I may be conservative in my views of certain issues, I can never call myself a Conservative philosophically. I own plenty of guns and kill plenty of animals and believe the environment needs to be protected before we have nothing to hunt and kill. Maybe I am a tree hugger, but I have sense enough to know not to piss in my drinking water and that global warming is real. :) Go Hogs!
Did I miss anything?
Cool Deal, I am just against people that drop game just for the trophy. the ones that shoot something with not intention of eating it, bring it to a taxademist and ask for the hyde and the head to be mounted on a stand and have the meat tossed. I am no tree hugger, and sure do love me some deer meat and turkey. Jerky is the best.
There are a lot of trophy hunters who hunt just for the trophy. However, they can not just throw the meat out. That is illegal. Most either keep the meat themselves, or donate it to homeless shelters, or other feeding programs.

Arkansas has one such program: Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry

Originally posted by holbein03:

Originally posted by shnuke:

What exactly is the point to shooting a bear? if it is being agressive sure or is not longer scare of humans and is a danger then sure beyond that, you are shooting a beautiful creature just for fun. I can see if you plan to use it for food or clothing if it is a need. but shooting a animal just because you think it would be fun just seems wrong.
Bears are nothing but an over grown coon. They tear up deer feeders/protein feeders, deer stands, Hell I have had one even tear up my cabin. They litteraly bring nothing of value to the wildlife. They eat tons fish out of the ponds and creeks. Cost people thousands of dollars a year in damages. They are worthless and should be eradicated from in the state.

Geesh whats next you want to start a breeding program for ferral hogs.

So yes Racoons ferral hogs, and bears I will shoot everyone I see take a backhoe thrown them in it and cover it up. Worthless animals that serve no purpose.
Oh My God! I swear I can hear dueling banjos playing and visualize your singlewide when I read this trailer trash tripe.
They need your picture right next to the stereotypical toothless uneducated hillbilly in deliverance. Related to you I'm sure.
Go squeal like a pig boy.

All of our drinking water has been through the piss cycle and worse. It's all recycled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT