ADVERTISEMENT

What is the best schools in Fayetteville?

Sanguinehog

Letterman
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2015
Fayetteville i
I have two children that will be in the 4th and 5th grade this year. What is the best elementary school? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on daycare or a preschool.

To be honest, there really isn't a bad one. Vandergrift, root, Butterfield, Holcomb are all good schools. Happy Hollow does the year round thing. Therefore no matter where you live in Fayetteville, u can apply to enroll at Happy Hollow

Reactions: HawgCaller1
I have two children that will be in the 4th and 5th grade this year. What is the best elementary school? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on daycare or a preschool.
My son attends Root Elem; I like the smaller size. Butterfield Elem is also great, but it is quite large. That is my ONLY complaint. My son wen there for one year. Looking in Root and Butterfield opened up the options for neighborhoods to house shop.

My kids will then go to McNair Middle.

Montessori Fvill is good as well as Tyson Childhood development center. Not cheap though.

Hope that helps.

Jean Tyson Development Center is a great daycare. We love it but it is not cheap. The class ratio is 4-1 and there are usually at least one or two students in helping out. I've heard great things about Root and Butterfield. Hard to go wrong in Fayetteville.​

Jean Tyson Development Center is a great daycare. We love it but it is not cheap. The class ratio is 4-1 and there are usually at least one or two students in helping out. I've heard great things about Root and Butterfield. Hard to go wrong in Fayetteville.​
How much is it?

Learning Ladder is great, and there's the New School, Montessori, the UA has one...not sure what it's called, my friends just call it the UA. You're probably going to expect to pay $8,000-$10,000 a year for 5 days a week for 1 kid in Fayetteville.

Hope you were kidding. Ramey is a JR High, so her kids are not old enough, and it is probably the worst out of every Jr High in NWA.
The top-rated public schools in Fayetteville, the schools that achieve a score of 10 out of 10, are Woodland Jr. High, McNair Middle, Vandergriff Elementary and Root Elementary.

Butterfield, Happy Hollow and Leverett Elementary schools all received a solid 8 from GreatSchools.org.

Ramay actually ranks as a 7, which is about the state average. Holt is also a 7. The lowest rated one is Owl Creek, which is a 5.
Ramey Jr high, Asbell and Owl Creek elems, Holt have challenging demographics. Woodland jr high is a bit better than ramey.

We use Just Like Home for daycare & are very happy. We checked out several in town, including Learning Ladder & the Jean Tyson Center at the UA. Nothing bad to say about any of those as they all came highly recommended by folks with kiddos there. We were just the most comfortable with Just Like Home. They have locations on the east & west sides of town.

Is that for real? There is a JB Hunt Elementary?
Why is that a shock? Tyson and George also have things named after them. Hunt also have their name on a building at the UA. You do realize they are one of the largest Transportation/Logistics firms in the US. right.

Reactions: Mass31
Why is that a shock? Tyson and George also have things named after them. Hunt also have their name on a building at the UA. You do realize they are one of the largest Transportation/Logistics firms in the US. right.
Is there a Wal-Mart elementary?

nope they actually have a college named after them perhaps you have heard of it
The Walton College of Business.
giphy.gif

My son goes to The New School. My daughter goes to Butterfield. Awesome schools. If you want to pay for school you can't beat The New School. One of the best nationally.

Root, BField, and Vandergriff are amazing elementary schools. Vgriff is one of 80 nationally recognized for some award or something like that. Both my kids will be there next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT