ADVERTISEMENT

Why will most of Congress get relected?

bobhawg

Starter
Oct 27, 2002
Mainly, I think, because they are smart and the voters in general pretty stupid.

Take the huge pork barrel water bill passed by virtual unanimous vote a couple days ago. Billions of dollars to be spent over a ten year period and almost all of it will be proclaimed as a great bill since it "creates jobs" and helps American compete.

I say if they had to vote on each part of that bill separately, none of them would have passed. But, put together it is a great bill to help them all get relected.

These are the same guys who a few weeks before could not agree on keeping the government even operating, yet, this one huge bill sailed through with almost no opposition.

Please remember that on election day next year and vote for no one with an I by thier name.

This post was edited on 10/25 3:23 PM by bobhawg

Everyone is fighting for a piece of the pie and if they don't then they won't get reelected because they didn't fight to get stuff for their people. The problem is that instead of fighting for a piece of the ever expanding pie, they should be doing all they can to shrink the size of the pie. The TEA party folks are the only ones with big enough balls to do it and they are labeled as radicals for even trying!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT