ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

1. Wash Hands
2. Stay home when you are sick
3. Sleep well
4. Be smart - get checked out if you don't feel well
5. Prevention is the best medicine

Pray for the doctors - the last month has been rough

#1 is the most important. You can actually have it without showing symptoms so you can still spread it even if you're not feeling sick.

Also stop eating Beef under well-cooked for the time being - i will be ridiculed for this lmao but that is also one big issue at the current moment

and if you do like it med-rare etc DON'T EAT OUT - cook your own food

1. Wash Hands
3. Sleep well

I feel bad if you’re in Oregon. Y’all are gonna get it soon. Prayers though it won’t be as bad. And the entire US will get it soon enough

In before the conspiracy theorists
Doctor: "President Xi, we have created a new biological weapon."
Xi: "Fantastic. Could it wipe out an entire country?"
Doctor: "Sir, it will kill about 1% of those it infects."
Xi: "OK. So the others must suffer and be incapacitated, correct?"
Doctor: "Well, about a third of them won't know they have it. The others will have a fever for a few days."
Xi: "You idiot. Just pour it down the drain or give the rest of it to some bats or something."

Last edited:
Also stop eating Beef under well-cooked for the time being - i will be ridiculed for this lmao but that is also one big issue at the current moment

and if you do like it med-rare etc DON'T EAT OUT - cook your own food

My mom burnt the hell out of everything growing up. I only eat beef well done. Bring on the haters!

giphy.gif

I’ve been to and through SFO, LAX, O’Hare, DFW, and San Antonio in the last seven days alone.

Honestly just surprised I’m not showing symptoms yet.

The coast cities will be hit first mainly the bay area, PNW because of the number flights into and out of Asia

Reactions: RavishingRick
The coast cities will be hit first mainly the bay area, PNW because of the number flights into and out of Asia
Weren’t many Godzilla fans at LAX and SFO. The international terminal at SFO just felt like a Petri dish...but I was hungry.

I did visit Twist Bioscience while in the Bay Area, and they had “hot” samples they were using for mapping and replication, so maybe I was the problem and not the Air China flights.

1. Wash Hands
3. Sleep well

you need to wash your hands to the elbow for more than 30 secs. most people only do 5 seconds

Reactions: anon_j0hjgb7us6s1a
0 confirmed cases in the south other than Florida. I'll be ok.

Last report I saw was 105 cases, 6 deaths, and 15 states - including Texas and Georgia. That's a 5.7% mortality rate on cases that we know of.

There were 15 last Tuesday in three states. Now it's confirmed in GA, IL, WI, NB, TX, WA, OR, CA, AZ, FL, MA, NH, NY, RI, and UT. This time next week - who knows.

[as of 4:27 am, 3/3]

Last edited:
Reactions: RHS_Cyclone
Im more worried about the flu getting me than corona. Massive overreaction by the media. That's what the good doctor on FOX told me last night anyway.
I know it is “in” to blame the media for everything but the literal words out of the CDC should be enough to get people’s attention. No need to freak out but people should be smart on their preparations and definitely not brush this off. Could it putter out here in the US? Absolutely. But that will not make the current narrative an overreaction. This thing has potential to be bad.

What concerns me is that the Chinese are not known for their accurate reporting. Situation could be worse there. Imagine if we quarantined Chicago and all the suburbs? That would be world wide news story right? That is around the equivalent of what happened in Wuhan. That’s a big freaking deal.

Im more worried about the flu getting me than corona. Massive overreaction by the media. That's what the good doctor on FOX told me last night anyway.

Coronavirus was in 2 or 3 states last week. It's in 15 this morning. It will be national in a week or two.

Also - there were 15 cases last week. 105 this morning with 6 fatalities. That's a 5.7% mortality rate and a spread/exposure rate of 14x in a week.

For the record, the flue has a mortality rate of 0.05%-0.1%, but that's with a national vaccination agenda. There is no vaccine or proven method of containment. They aren't even sure how it's transmitted.

Educate yourself, or you will end up regretting your apathy.

I know it is “in” to blame the media for everything but the literal words out of the CDC should be enough to get people’s attention. No need to freak out but people should be smart on their preparations and definitely not brush this off. Could it putter out here in the US? Absolutely. But that will not make the current narrative an overreaction. This thing has potential to be bad.

What concerns me is that the Chinese are not known for their accurate reporting. Situation could be worse there. Imagine if we quarantined Chicago and all the suburbs? That would be world wide news story right? That is around the equivalent of what happened in Wuhan. That’s a big freaking deal.

EXACTLY. This is far worse than they are telling us. They are 9-12 months away from a vaccine, and a LOT of people are going to die in the meantime.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT