ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

I feel like that’s what it was too which is shitty but the shortage was nuts and the healthcare workers definitely needed them more at that time when hardly anyone (in most states) had the virus (that we knew of). We know masks work. In Asian countries where putting on a mask is second nature they have the virus quite under control.

Here's the really stupid part about all that (the lies about the masks, not your response). The masks that people were buying were already on the shelves in retail outlets. No one at that point was taking new orders from anyone other than healthcare providers. I know this because I was one of the people trying to order masks and other PPE at the time. The ones that people were buying were already in the retail system and were out of circulation for the medical industry.

By passing on that box of 30 N95s at Home Depot you weren't saving them for doctors and nurses who were on the front lines treating COVID patients. You were saving them for the next painter who happened to walk down the aisle. Fortunately for my company I bought one of those boxes of 30, and as a result my employees who had to perform COVID decontaminations didn't have to do so unprotected.

Here's the really stupid part about all that (the lies about the masks, not your response). The masks that people were buying were already on the shelves in retail outlets. No one at that point was taking new orders from anyone other than healthcare providers. I know this because I was one of the people trying to order masks and other PPE at the time. The ones that people were buying were already in the retail system and were out of circulation for the medical industry.

By passing on that box of 30 N95s at Home Depot you weren't saving them for doctors and nurses who were on the front lines treating COVID patients. You were saving them for the next painter who happened to walk down the aisle. Fortunately for my company I bought one of those boxes of 30, and as a result my employees who had to perform COVID decontaminations didn't have to do so unprotected.

I might be misremembering at this point, but it seems like the worst misinformation about all of this has come consistently from the surgeon general. He pushed hard on the "masks don't work" for a few weeks.

anyways, my point of the post wasn't whether he was lying or not, just the fact that if we want to start pulling up tweets from February and laughing at them, there are plenty to go around. Its not just tweets from the fuhrer, as dicktales would say
This is an excellent point because the way things were “handled” may not have been the best, but to look back now and tear people apart as if because we know better now they are complete idiots.

Reactions: HTHog
That's a pretty crappy justification and a pretty crappy strawman as well. One has zero to do with ther other. My response had nothing to do with what bothers me.
Sorry you feel that way, but all of the people beating the drum about all these people dying from this virus and yet we don’t stop and think about all of the death that goes on everyday at people’s own choice. I don’t want people to die from this, but the vast majority are very old and while sad I’m not going to go live in a hole and fear for my life. You were the one who made a big deal because I said, 140k contextually in the whole country isn’t the end of the world and I provided a much Larger and in my mind significant number.

Sorry you feel that way, but all of the people beating the drum about all these people dying from this virus and yet we don’t stop and think about all of the death that goes on everyday at people’s own choice. I don’t want people to die from this, but the vast majority are very old and while sad I’m not going to go live in a hole and fear for my life. You were the one who made a big deal because I said, 140k contextually in the whole country isn’t the end of the world and I provided a much Larger and in my mind significant number.
No one said it was the end of the world but 140,000 deaths over ther last 5 months after people contacted a virus that we have no definite and uniform way of treating should not be taken as lightly as it is by some. Again I don't see what abortion has to do with COVID-19. And me saying "Yikes. To each their own." is literally ther exact opposite of making a big deal.

No one said it was the end of the world but 140,000 deaths over ther last 5 months after people contacted a virus that we have no definite and uniform way of treating should not be taken as lightly as it is by some. Again I don't see what abortion has to do with COVID-19. And me saying "Yikes. To each their own." is literally ther exact opposite of making a big deal.
No one said lightly but we literally tried to shut The Whole country done...we broke the supply chain and hammered the market over 140k deaths, 2.5 million die each year every year...we have taken unprecedented actions to stop a virus that kills 1%...this is overkill and has been. Do precautions need to happen? Absolutely, but the level they have been and the level some want to continue to do are not reasonable and don’t reflect the collateral damage done in this country and the burdens that will be carried by generations.

Abuse and depression have sky rocket, people are losing their livelihood, the elderly are being neglected. People are losing their retirement etc...so again while sad their is more to all of this.

It’s like the UAMS model, that is straight Fear Mongering and only hurts this country.

Last edited:
I read a good story on this the other day. It may be punishable during Coronavirus times but it’s more of a cultural norm there. When people are feeling sick they don’t just sneeze it out all over the place like we do, they put on a mask, when it’s a flu season they put on a mask. A lot of it stems from a fear of missing work which is a big no no for them. They’ve made it a culturally cool thing to do.

Damn, that's some real consideration for others. Very cool to hear, wish it was a little more common around here.

I'm not sure you'd appreciate how they arrived at that type of subservient culture though.

So I guess all the folks in Europe come from a subservient culture? Is that why they are willingly wearing masks and killing off the virus at an exponential rate compared to the United States?

Being subservient has nothing to do with it, consideration for others can come from any culture, no matter it's history.

So I guess all the folks in Europe come from a subservient culture? Is that why they are willingly wearing masks and killing off the virus at an exponential rate compared to the United States?

Being subservient has nothing to do with it, consideration for others can come from any culture, no matter it's history.
I guess I do see a couple of masks.
EcJRPPVXQAAaoHC

Let's let them discover oral hygiene first before giving them too much credit bruv. A bit drap innit.

I guess I do see a couple of masks.
EcJRPPVXQAAaoHC

That's in England, they opened pubs last Saturday, the reason they could do that is because they were very diligent when it comes to quarantining and wearing masks, now they get to open up.
Of course it would be ideal if all those folks were wearing masks, but they are drinking (kind of hard to wear a mask and do) and have also done a good enough job to get to the point to were the virus is not on the uptick. I could only hope we get to that point soon, but not looking likely.

anyways, my point of the post wasn't whether he was lying or not, just the fact that if we want to start pulling up tweets from February and laughing at them, there are plenty to go around. Its not just tweets from the fuhrer, as dicktales would say

Point is you're triggered because I poked fun at POTUS. For statements made in February, March, April, May, etc.... you're legit grandstanding right now. Which is odd seeing as your whole schtick is to poke fun at people.

Reactions: MR_ARKANSAS
That's in England, they opened pubs last Saturday, the reason they could do that is because they were very diligent when it comes to quarantining and wearing masks, now they get to open up.
Of course it would be ideal if all those folks were wearing masks, but they are drinking (kind of hard to wear a mask and do) and have also done a good enough job to get to the point to were the virus is not on the uptick. I could only hope we get to that point soon, but not looking likely.

The UK has 653 deaths per million, US has 397 per million.

Reactions: Doyle55731
The UK has 653 deaths per million, US has 397 per million.

UK has one the higher death rates in Europe and it is higher than the US, that's why I was using Europe as a whole as an example. England is a very compact country, so when it first hit it was similar to what happened in NYC. With that said, our death rate per million will only go up for as long as we can't contain the spread, meanwhile Europe and England having "beaten" the virus will remain close to what it is now. That 397 number for the US is only going to increase and will most likely go far beyond the 653 for the UK.

Well, I have asthma and these masks do not help my breathing though I have put one on time to time. They don’t protect your eyes though. Are they going to require glasses next? Ergo, I think it’s bullshit like only recruiting 5.5 3*’s. I am for taking the Mahatma Gandhi route.

I’m about ready to do a state of the Hogs recruiting thread possibly.

Well, I have asthma and these masks do not help my breathing though I have put one on time to time. They don’t protect your eyes though. Are they going to require glasses next? Ergo, I think it’s bullshit like only recruiting 5.5 3*’s. I am for taking the Mahatma Gandhi route.

200.gif

Get with the times, old man. We been on this wave for a bit.

image;s=850x0

*girl not included with purchase.. found that out the hard way on Amazon*

You aren't going to pass your COVID to another from your eyes.

Can we get an update on how Sweden is doing? Wasn't everyone talking about their approach to dealing with Covid a couple months ago?

No one said lightly but we literally tried to shut The Whole country done...we broke the supply chain and hammered the market over 140k deaths, 2.5 million die each year every year...we have taken unprecedented actions to stop a virus that kills 1%...this is overkill and has been. Do precautions need to happen? Absolutely, but the level they have been and the level some want to continue to do are not reasonable and don’t reflect the collateral damage done in this country and the burdens that will be carried by generations.

Abuse and depression have sky rocket, people are losing their livelihood, the elderly are being neglected. People are losing their retirement etc...so again while sad their is more to all of this.

It’s like the UAMS model, that is straight Fear Mondering and only hurts this country.
Great post Jtuck! We know the reason why

Reactions: jtuck33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT