ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

Obviously @DuckTalesLOL isn't the problem because he's complaining that not enough people are wearing them. What would you have him do to fix this, stand in front of the mayors house in his underwear demanding masks be enforced?

OK, on second thought that might work and if not would be worth the entertainment value.

I'm in Rogers, they passed it last week and people are bitching and moaning left and right about the ordinance, a lot of folks saying they will never give Rogers their business again. This just shows how staunch people can be when they are told they need to wear a mask. They aren't easy to convince, this thread is a perfect example.
Geezus can you please just let us F with dicktales in peace? It's one of the last enjoyable things we have around here without sports. Take that away and you take away our desire to live.

Your governor requires them to be worn. Ol Asa suggests they be worn. Any time I go to the store I'd say it's about 60/40 on masks/ no mask with people.

Eh the mandate is the same. It is only enforceable if the law enforcement feels the need to enforce it. Businesses can deny folks service if they don't have one on, but it isn't like you're going to get arrested/fined if you're walking around without one on in public. Denton County isn't enforcing it and the sheriff has said he isn't wasting his time following up on complaints of people not wearing them.

Just giving Cucktales a tough time like usual. I don’t have an issue with the mask ordinance personally. But damn if my face dont be sweatin in there, plus I gotta constantly smell my own bad breath.

Brush your teeth or chew gum. I have to wear a mask for roughly 7 hours when I work. It's not hard to wear them for 20 minutes going into the store.

Brush your teeth.
tenor.gif

Eh the mandate is the same. It is only enforceable if the law enforcement feels the need to enforce it. Businesses can deny folks service if they don't have one on, but it isn't like you're going to get arrested/fined if you're walking around without one on in public. Denton County isn't enforcing it and the sheriff has said he isn't wasting his time following up on complaints of people not wearing them.

Without the governor making them required, it leaves the decision up to people and businesses in whether they require them to be worn. It makes it easier from a restaurant perspective if you can just say "Sorry, the governor mandates this for us to operate." As it stands, people will do just about anything they can not to wear it for 2 minutes or say they'll go somewhere that doesn't require it which punishes the business for trying to follow what the state has asked people to do.

Without the governor making them required, it leaves the decision up to people and businesses in whether they require them to be worn. It makes it easier from a restaurant perspective if you can just say "Sorry, the governor mandates this for us to operate." As it stands, people will do just about anything they can not to wear it for 2 minutes or say they'll go somewhere that doesn't require it which punishes the business for trying to follow what the state has asked people to do.
Wearing a mask mandate in restaurants is the dumbest thing ever. Wear it walking to your table then chew all over the place without one.

Reactions: jegreenwood
I didn't ask him. I asked you. Quit deflecting. Let's stay on topic, which is your response.

You claimed he was wrong. Typically the person who claims someone else is wrong provides evidence to that fact to back up their rebuttal. Are you in a position to do so?

It's a pointless argument. There's no "facts" that state how many people are wearing masks. I'm giving my opinion just like he was.

I'm in Fort Smith/Van Buren every day, and the people wearing masks is pretty slim.

Reactions: MR_ARKANSAS
It’s a city ordinance in Conway. Was just in Walmart and saw people getting turned away for no mask. Your mayor needs to step up and make a change if y’all have that many folks w/o masks. Y’all are the problem
Fort Smith passed a "resolution" recommending masks earlier this week, but they aren't mandated yet. They have another vote tomorrow, and it looks like it'll pass.

It's a pointless argument. There's no "facts" that state how many people are wearing masks. I'm giving my opinion just like he was.

I'm in Fort Smith/Van Buren every day, and the people wearing masks is pretty slim.
Man, I'm confronting anyone I see not wearing one and calling them murderers, got good responses so far

How hard is it to put on a mask when high on meth/opioids? We might have a correlation here.

Man, I'm confronting anyone I see not wearing one and calling them murderers, got good responses so far

You should video that and post it on the Tweeters, would be fun to watch.

I personally hate wearing a mask. Wife and I toured a new daycare facility for our daughter yesterday, and she persisted I wear a mask. When we walked in they told us we could remove them so I was happy.

I don't personally care if people wear them, but I'm not going to be on Facebook complaining about "muh rights and liberties!!!" if it's required.

I've never had the flu or missed a day of work for being sick, so I'd prefer to just walk around and live my life like normal but wearing a mask is a simple thing to do so I don't understand why the uproar is so high for it.(not counting medical reason that prohibit you from wearing one obviously)

Uppity lady at Tom Thumb in Trophy Club last weekend was walking down the aisle the wrong way. I was with my father in law and he pointed at her. She kept walking and wasn't wearing a mask. My father in law said "Really, wrong way and not wearing a mask??" She said, "It'll be okay, fvck. You'll survive!" then walked off LMAOOOOO

Most people at the bad Wal Mart in Ft Smith (Zero St) were wearing masks yesterday. If they are wearing them there, they are wearing them everywhere.
You apparently haven’t been to the Albert Pike Walmart in Hot Springs. You get laughed at there if you have teeth and shoes on.

You should video that and post it on the Tweeters, would be fun to watch.

I personally hate wearing a mask. Wife and I toured a new daycare facility for our daughter yesterday, and she persisted I wear a mask. When we walked in they told us we could remove them so I was happy.

I don't personally care if people wear them, but I'm not going to be on Facebook complaining about "muh rights and liberties!!!" if it's required.

I've never had the flu or missed a day of work for being sick, so I'd prefer to just walk around and live my life like normal but wearing a mask is a simple thing to do so I don't understand why the uproar is so high for it.(not counting medical reason that prohibit you from wearing one obviously)
I'm for anything to get us out of this situation sooner. Problem is, no one is scientifically certain that masks help stop the spread without long term studies being done. So we wear masks just in case.

With that being said, I wear one but don't really care if no one else does, unlike the extremist libtards. So I think the blow back from people is in direct response to the extremist libtards who want to impose their thoughts and feelings on everyone else. People grow tired of being told what to do and how to feel by complete strangers.

You know I can't refrain... I'll be in here with my ol' buddy HoggyBones before the night is up.

Someone send a telegram to HoggyBones in Cave Springs and tell him he is going to have to camp out on top of the hill again to make sure he has enough reception to load this thread up.

Someone send a telegram to HoggyBones in Cave Springs and tell him he is going to have to camp out on top of the hill again to make sure he has enough reception to load this thread up.

He has been quite silent, someone should go check on him. I'd tag him, but he's not a fan of being tagged.

Reactions: jegreenwood
Wearing a mask mandate in restaurants is the dumbest thing ever. Wear it walking to your table then chew all over the place without one.

As someone in a restaurant for work, I'm not sure how wearing a mask for 2 minutes makes a difference either. I just do as told so that nobody reports us for violating standards of reopening.

ADVERTISEMENT