ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

Willful ignorance and lack of critical thought is astounding, but not surprising.

“ThIs Is ThE fLu!”

This year in the US there have been 20k flu deaths according to the CDC. The flu is something that we are prepared for every year. We know it’s coming, and still we lose thousands. We have vaccines that evolve each season, and still we lose thousands. We have wash your hands campaigns (which speaks to the stupidity of the public), and still we lose thousands. We have perpetual flu research, and still we lose thousands.

No one knew corona was coming. We have no real statistical data. We have a closed off communist nation that is so impacted that their system — one built to suppress information — cannot suppress information. We have the Islamic Theocracy of Iran — a system built to suppress information — that cannot suppress information.

We have a nation that we identify with — Italy, a western nation — that is entirely quarantined. Last I saw, it had a 6.5% mortality rate. ICUs are being extended to hallways. The health system is overrun. The Italian PM said the quarantine of the nation was necessary because “we are out of time.” Out of time not to react, but to resist a potential national collapse.

This is not fear mongering. This is not sensationalism. This is the situation. Criticize me and those that share my concerns as over reacting and hysterical, but I prefer potentially unnecessary intervention to doing nothing and watching 1.5% of 330 million people die in the United States because conspiracy theorists and people that struggle with critical thought want to be contrarians.
Less than 10% of the country got the virus and .0018% of the population died. It was fear mongering and sensationalism.

What I said was the truth. Unless you think the truth is stupid
Less than 10% of the US population has been diagnosed with having the virus - that's a big difference in the truth about cases. That matters because studies shows that about 60% of cases are due to asymptomatic spread. You can argue and deny all you want but hospitalizations don't lie. No hospital has ever ran out of patient care capacity because of the flu.

Reactions: NMHOGG
Less than 10% of the US population has been diagnosed with having the virus - that's a big difference in the truth about cases. That matters because studies shows that about 60% of cases are due to asymptomatic spread. You can argue and deny all you want but hospitalizations don't lie. No hospital has ever ran out of patient care capacity because of the flu.
I didn’t compare it to the flu. My argument is that the media sensationalized it and fear mongers it’s own people. The numbers back that up. There was a new article every day saying that we were were going to reach X amount of deaths by this time. It never happened.
I think covid was a big deal. I took a major financial hit because of it and lost a loved one. I don’t think it’s comparable to the flu. That would be silly. But the media over-blew it the the entire time and still is currently.

I didn’t compare it to the flu. My argument is that the media sensationalized it and fear mongers it’s own people. The numbers back that up. There was a new article every day saying that we were were going to reach X amount of deaths by this time. It never happened.
I think covid was a big deal. I took a major financial hit because of it and lost a loved one. I don’t think it’s comparable to the flu. That would be silly. But the media over-blew it the the entire time and still is currently.
A few more lives would have probably been saved if more people feared this virus.

Reactions: NMHOGG
A few more lives would have probably been saved if more people feared this virus.
Complete speculation. What more could’ve been done? We shut down, quarantined, were extremely careful, wore masks. There were always going to be people that didn’t cooperate. You can’t try to account for people that don’t care

Complete speculation. What more could’ve been done? We shut down, quarantined, were extremely careful, wore masks. There were always going to be people that didn’t cooperate. You can’t try to account for people that don’t care
Call it what you want but you can research the many dying declarations of many "It's a hoax" weirdos who had regrets. I never said there wouldn't be people that don't cooperate but you shaming the media for overemphasizing how serious people should take it is odd. It hurt your business like many but that is why they were giving out PPP loans to help with businesses feeling the effects of the pandemic.

Call it what you want but you can research the many dying declarations of many "It's a hoax" weirdos who had regrets. I never said there wouldn't be people that don't cooperate but you shaming the media for overemphasizing how serious people should take it is odd. It hurt your business like many but that is why they were giving out PPP loans to help with businesses feeling the effects of the pandemic.
PPP was a scam. Overemphasizing is one thing and fine, but lying and fear mongering is completely different. We were lied to, time and time again. It’s a disrespect to the people. CNN even admitted that they did it in a leaked video.

PPP was a scam. Overemphasizing is one thing and fine, but lying and fear mongering is completely different. We were lied to, time and time again. It’s a disrespect to the people. CNN even admitted that they did it in a leaked video.
Most of those lies were to combat the bs started by the former President's lies about it. "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

Most of those lies were to combat the bs started by the former President's lies about it. "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
you're picking and choosing if you only mention him as being one that fed us a line of BS. That line is very very long starting with Fauci and Pelosi.

They all lied to us. All of them.

Reactions: Loggerhead55
you're picking and choosing if you only mention him as being one that fed us a line of BS. That line is very very long starting with Fauci and Pelosi.

They all lied to us. All of them.
His voice carries more weight than 10 Fauci and Pelosi's.

Reactions: HTHog
Lol.............you joking right?
I think the point is that his words had much more of an influence on the behavior of a large part of the population than did the words of medical professionals. Not only did he contradict them over and over but he also resorted to name calling and other childish BS which impacted their credibility.

He's not more credible than they are but he has more people that emulate (parrot) his behavior and actions.

Show a voter fraud that happened above the county level and what % was mail in ballots.
You should watch this upcoming documentary that has hard evidence of voter fraud in the 2020 Presidential election.

Is the Hunter Biden story getting confirmed by “intelligence officials” as Russian disinformation and being censored on Twitter not considered fraud for political reasons?

Big fücking surprise there
Think of all the lives they could have saved. They could have done what India did and hand out kits with weekly regiments of this medication to our entire population for pennies on the dollar of what these bullshit vaccines cost. There aren't enough words to express how ****ed up this is.

I jumped the gun here. The NIH only recognizes IVM as a treatment for clinical trials. The tweet is framed incorrectly.

What? Of course this isn't political. You are the one that thinks the media is fear mongering. You are the one that things this is an overreaction. I've been clear that I think all of these steps being taken are necessary and likely not enough. Pretty much the same thing the experts are saying.

You continue with you typical shtick of thinking your ignorant opinion is as valuable as those that are informed.
Still think it wasn't political?

Wait till the Twitter covid dump next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT