ADVERTISEMENT

2011-2014 recruiting classes.

Me so hawgie

Letterman
Apr 30, 2010
Just went over our roster for this year and notice we have around 107 kids on the roster. With a 85 limit on scholarship players, I went back to see how many kids we signed and was shocked to see how many kids that has left since 2011 till now.
In 2011 we signed 32....out of that 32, I could only find 9 that is still on our current roster. In 2012 we signed 23, and also notice we took a hit with kids leaving, that left 15 kids on our current roster. Now things have gotten better since 2013-2014, with only 4 kids leaving out of 48 kids that have signed!
Since 2011 we have signed 103 kids with 35 kids that have left due to playing time, grades and home sick. That leaves 68 kids left on scholarship as of this year. I know we have a walk on program, and AJ derby with cam Jefferson are on scholarship that I couldn't find on any of the recruiting classes which brings the total limit to 70.
What I'm getting at.....is after going over the roster, and since that many kids that have left. Do we have 15 kids that were walk-ons at 1 time on scholarship? Cause after looking at the roster there is 28 kids that I never heard of due to never being in any of our current recruiting classes since 2011.
Just my opinion, but I think this is the reason for close games being lost due to play calling and depth. Most of the recruits that have left where on the defense side of the ball.

You have really hit on something that I have been thinking about for a long time. When Bielema took over it was like taking over a program that had been on probation. CBB needs a full 4 years to recruit in order to get the depth where it needs to be. He really has done an outstanding job in just 2 years!

Smash I was shocked to see that many kids on the D side that left since 2011 till now! The trend is looking better as far as kids staying, but then you have 1 kid that we will need next yr with that break away speed (korlis Marshall) adding to that list of players leaving. Also with Philon, Hatcher, and J will, looking into the NFL draft along with the Sr's and Juco kids leaving....seems like your right with 2 more recruiting classes will give us some better depth that will be needed for a stacked sec west conference, cause after those 2011-2012 classes has hurt our 85 man roster, and I didn't realize it was that bad.

NOW, couple all that(transfers/ dropouts) with the current team's(mens football,basketball/ womens bball) apr ratings at or below ncaa minimums??? plus, being a program that just came off ncaa probation for lack of institutional control???
one could(or should b able to) understand the emphasis when the AD signed the newly hired respective coaches to long term contracts, with academic excellence being a top priority for student athletes!!

debating wins/ losses can be heated, no doubt. but with the school back in charge and running the athletic department? they've rightly ended the coaching carousel, stressed education and improved or built new facilities. voila!!
this, in my opinion, has righted the sinking ship and made us a winning program once again!!! so now, when we reach the big stage/ games, we will already have won!!

now all thats left for us fans??? is to sit back and enjoy whats coming!!!
GO HOGS

This post was edited on 12/22 9:19 PM by hogalism

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT