ADVERTISEMENT

22 years and counting since last sweet 16

steven orr

Signee
Dec 6, 2005
This style of play and recruiting will not work in today’s game. Athletes that can run fast and jump high don’t win big games anymore. Skilled players that can shoot, rebound and run an offense win games. This trapping defense rarely if ever creates turnovers but it does create a wide open three for the other team. Mike Anderson isn’t taking this program anywhere special and the proof is the product we see night in and night out. Making the tournament each year is fine but once every 5-6 years one would think a team could make a run. These aren’t skilled b-ball players and the system that worked in 1992 doesn’t anymore. Street ball and terrible shot selection is what this program is.

I am hard headed, but I will agree with you. I have always loved the style, but everyone has caught up with it. I think Anderson should look to play(as much I hate them) more Syracuse type ball, get athletes, put them in a zone, and they can still create turnovers and run out of that, but you don't have all the overlays that I keep seeing time and time again. Just my thoughts

Gafford going pro is a joke, also. He was 2-9 for 7 pts in an NCAA tourney game. His season average ppg, rpg, bpg, are average at best. But as we know someone will tell him he’ll get drafted and he will leave. Someone tell these people there is only 2 rounds so that means 100 plus people can’t get drafted.

Gafford going pro is a joke, also. He was 2-9 for 7 pts in an NCAA tourney game. His season average ppg, rpg, bpg, are average at best. But as we know someone will tell him he’ll get drafted and he will leave. Someone tell these people there is only 2 rounds so that means 100 plus people can’t get drafted.

Yea he needs another year I believe

Well Gafford is staying another year. With the recruit coming in we can make a run. Nothing is impossible.

Until Hogs play Top 25 defense to give the team a shot at advancing the rest just doesn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT