ADVERTISEMENT

3 steps back

TOP HOG

All-Conference
Jun 11, 2002
This season just crashed and burned. No bowl this year. Tell me again about 2 a days not needed? No matter how much you polish this turd, it's still just a turd. Come on basketball season. Oh wait a minute, it is smelling also. I guess maybe spring baseball. The end of the tunnel just caved in. Now it is another multi-year year wait. I have no idea where we go from here. Feels like 2013.

Step off the Ledge. oSu lost a bad game to start last season and won it all. I'm not saying we can win it all by a long shot but we could still end up decent. Might beat Aubarn.

You must have saw a different game than I did. I saw a MAC team push our oline around and stuff them over and over again in the red zone. A running game that got stuffed. A offense stopped by penalties. A defense with a whole in the middle that couldn't get to a MAC QB. Player after player knocked out of a game they were favored by 3 TDs. Arkansas is no OSU and Toledo is no VA Tech. This is more like the ULM loss and we know what happened that year. Auburn found a way to win their game. When the pressure was on, our QB folded, again. I'm not on a ledge, I sit through it in 2013, 2012. The Ford years and Crowe years. I've seen soft teams and the team I saw today was just that. I will sit through it again and wait just as I did back then. But I will not pretend that this team had a bad day. They got beat by the better team, plain and simple. I hope this makes them angry and they take it out on TTech. Because 2012 they just rolled over the rest of the season. And the team quit on the coaches.

Allen is not good enough to carry this team on his shoulders but that is what's happening if we can't run the ball. The lack of hitting at practice limited to only practicing once a day made this team soft and gave them a false sense of being great. That's on the coaches!

Bielema's first year that we are relevant and he lays an egg. All these bad decisions are on him and he needs to stand up, tell us the truth and stop BS'ing everyone about how great this team is!

Reactions: hog44 and Cosmoc
He is 11-15 at Arkansas thus far, yeah we were relevant again but when have the Razorbacks been relevant, 1964? Sorry but some of us do not partake in the Wally Hall kool-aid. Some of us kicked the habit long ago. It amazes me so many Hog fans think CBB is the guy that can get it done. Sad.

He is 11-15 at Arkansas thus far, yeah we were relevant again but when have the Razorbacks been relevant, 1964? Sorry but some of us do not partake in the Wally Hall kool-aid. Some of us kicked the habit long ago. It amazes me so many Hog fans think CBB is the guy that can get it done. Sad.

Not for sure if this will be consoling, but I have a friend who lives close to Toledo, and he says this might be one of the better teams that Toledo has had in several years......at least you can know that one of their poorer teams beat you. He seems pretty high on Toledo even before the season started.

Would you guys take Bobby Petrino back?
I believe Petrino is 0-2 so far this year. The problem with Bielema right now is that he strayed from his beliefs of being a smash mouth running team to a 4 WR set offense. So far this year we've had no running game that will wear down a defense and keep their offense off the field. I've also noticed that the defense is not as disciplined in their gap control and they all want to swarm to the ball before taking care of their assignments. I believe all of this is the result of the coaching staff sending signals that this was a very good team and didn't need to practice twice a day. Now we are reeling from an embarrassing loss with many injuries and the mental state of this team might be unrecoverable. Time will tell!

You must have saw a different game than I did. I saw a MAC team push our oline around and stuff them over and over again in the red zone. A running game that got stuffed. A offense stopped by penalties. A defense with a whole in the middle that couldn't get to a MAC QB. Player after player knocked out of a game they were favored by 3 TDs. Arkansas is no OSU and Toledo is no VA Tech. This is more like the ULM loss and we know what happened that year. Auburn found a way to win their game. When the pressure was on, our QB folded, again. I'm not on a ledge, I sit through it in 2013, 2012. The Ford years and Crowe years. I've seen soft teams and the team I saw today was just that. I will sit through it again and wait just as I did back then. But I will not pretend that this team had a bad day. They got beat by the better team, plain and simple. I hope this makes them angry and they take it out on TTech. Because 2012 they just rolled over the rest of the season. And the team quit on the coaches.

I saw an offense that had over 500 yards and ran 84 plays. The Rockets defense didn't stop us... we stopped our self with critical penalties on critical plays. We had 2 TD's called back.. We missed a FG. We beat ourselves on offense.

I saw a Rocket offense that only scored 16 points. The QB was taking a 3 or 5 stop drop and getting rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds.

Reactions: acpk1
Would you guys take Bobby Petrino back?

Are you kidding me? How many conference Championships did Petrino win? How many division championships did he win? How many times did he beat Alabama?

Look at the talent on our roster. It went down every year Petrino was here. Louisville was a dumpster fire the first time he left there. Arkansas was a dumpster fire when he left.

He's a liar and a cheater... I want a coach with character! Petrino ain't it.

Reactions: acpk1
I saw an offense that had over 500 yards and ran 84 plays. The Rockets defense didn't stop us... we stopped our self with critical penalties on critical plays. We had 2 TD's called back.. We missed a FG. We beat ourselves on offense.

I saw a Rocket offense that only scored 16 points. The QB was taking a 3 or 5 stop drop and getting rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds.

All those yards aren't worth a crap it you get stuffed in the redzone. Yards don't get wins, scores do. The rockets shut down the run and that is the reason they won. How many TDs from 6 trips inside the 10? If the team would have kicked FGs every trip they would have won. Line up tight and run the middle didn't work and got stuffed every time. I also watched the passing game choke when it counted. Holding and getting TDs called back is still choking. And they are worth zero points. No matter how you try to spin it this was a bad loss. The team wasn't ready and they were soft.

LOL, Petrino walked off the field with the Hogs ranked the number 5 team in the nation. Since he was run off we have had the pleasure to losing to ULM, Had the first winless Conference season in my lifetime, Two Conference wins in the last three years and now we have the pleasure of being the laughing stock of football after our coach manages to stick his foot in mouth at every given opportunity while being unable to beat Holy Toledo.
We were a dumpster fire when he left?? Ok, I guess that will have to be your little secret. We were ranked 5th in the country and pre-season 12th going into the next year when Long was ignorant enough to turn the keys over to the village idiot, JLSmith. In year three he had us in a BCS Bowl for the one and only time ever. Think Bert will have us in a major Bowl this year, year three? He can't beat a MEAC team at home in year three!
I'd love for you to point out where Bobby was ever in trouble with the NCAA for cheating as you claim. The only thing he ever did at Arkansas was win and win bigger than any coach we've had in the last 50 years.
I'm glad you're enjoying things the integrity way, LOL. We're a joke of a program with a joke of a coach. It's much more embarrassing than anything BP ever did.

Well since Lou Holtz. He finished #3 in 1977 and one poll gave him the National Champion. I guess I expected more from CBB in his third year. A loss to TT is a wheels fell off season. A win doesn't remove the bad Toledo loss. That would take 2 of the first 4 SEC games. Then 3 of the last 4 SEC games.

Ive been where yall are at. Losing to Jacksonville State was just gut wrenching, then had to endure winning 5 games over 2 years. Just try and be patient. It only takes one good hire.

Lol, SO
Are you kidding me? How many conference Championships did Petrino win? How many division championships did he win? How many times did he beat Alabama?

Look at the talent on our roster. It went down every year Petrino was here. Louisville was a dumpster fire the first time he left there. Arkansas was a dumpster fire when he left.

He's a liar and a cheater... I want a coach with character! Petrino ain't it.

Lol!! This has to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. The best players on this team are still Petrino's leftovers, just like they were last year. Getting worse as his players move one. We kicked the living shit out of just about everyone on our schedule except Alabama. We're gone from losing to Alabama to losing to everyone. Arkansas was a dumpster fire when he left because Jeff Long is a dumb ass. Ya'll need to just remember all that integrity you love to preach about while we're getting our butts handed to us on the field. Don't be upset about playing like crap and being the laughing stock of college football. Be proud of Jeffy and the great decisions he's made to run this sucker into the ground with your money!!

Reactions: Colonel Porker
Tech was on the verge of their spiral a year ago today. I remember flying back to ft smith from Lubbock after Arkansas ran all over us. There was little we could do. Unfortunately, barring some magical turnaround your team may well be headed downhill. I know how you feel and don't envy your spot. But don't bitch about the tough SEC. You left for that payday 22 yrs ago. How's it worked out for you?

Tech was on the verge of their spiral a year ago today. I remember flying back to ft smith from Lubbock after Arkansas ran all over us. There was little we could do. Unfortunately, barring some magical turnaround your team may well be headed downhill. I know how you feel and don't envy your spot. But don't bitch about the tough SEC. You left for that payday 22 yrs ago. How's it worked out for you?

We got out before the SWC collapsed.

How did the SWC do after we left?

Lol, SO

Lol!! This has to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. The best players on this team are still Petrino's leftovers, just like they were last year. Getting worse as his players move one. We kicked the living shit out of just about everyone on our schedule except Alabama. We're gone from losing to Alabama to losing to everyone. Arkansas was a dumpster fire when he left because Jeff Long is a dumb ass. Ya'll need to just remember all that integrity you love to preach about while we're getting our butts handed to us on the field. Don't be upset about playing like crap and being the laughing stock of college football. Be proud of Jeffy and the great decisions he's made to run this sucker into the ground with your money!!

http://5newsonline.com/2015/05/20/jeff-long-named-sportsbusiness-journal-ad-of-the-year/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...chariman-arkansas-athletic-director/17577949/

LMAO, This is my favorite Jeff defender position of all. "But Jeff is on a Playoff committee and was AD of the year!!!"

Thanks Hambone for making my point so nicely. Jeff has used the firing of the most productive coach we've had in the last 50 years to promote his career nicely. He's got a big ole raise and a lot of publicity out of it.

I'm just curious what we got? From the looks of things we got shafted right up the you know what. As hogzilla said. the best players Bert has had on the team are Petrino's leftovers including the big three on defense (which Petrino couldn't recruit, LOL) from last year, Philon, Flowers and Spaight. Bert has recruited in the bottom quarter of the conference since he's been here. Oh, and did I mention that he can't beat Holy Toledo or Texas Tech at HOME? That's much more embarrassing than a little consensual sex, although I'm sure the holiest on here will severely disagree.
Trace all this back to one ignorant decision by Emperor Long compounded with another to give Bert a buyout as ridiculous as running off Petrino in the first place. We now pretty much own last place in the west. Between Long, Anderson and Bert, we are shelling out 7 million dollars a year? Any business returning the results we've got for that investment would go under in a NY minute..

So exactly how have we benefited from Little Jeff's committee position?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: hogzilla22
LMAO, This is my favorite Jeff defender position of all. "But Jeff is on a Playoff committee and was AD of the year!!!"

Thanks Hambone for making my point so nicely. Jeff has used the firing of the most productive coach we've had in the last 50 years to promote his career nicely. He's got a big ole raise and a lot of publicity out of it.

I'm just curious what we got? From the looks of things we got shafted right up the you know what. As hogzilla said. the best players Bert has had on the team are Petrino's leftovers including the big three on defense (which Petrino couldn't recruit, LOL) from last year, Philon, Flowers and Spaight. Bert has recruited in the bottom quarter of the conference since he's been here. Oh, and did I mention that he can't beat Holy Toledo or Texas Tech at HOME? That's much more embarrassing than a little consensual sex, although I'm sure the holiest on here will severely disagree.
Trace all this back to one ignorant decision by Emperor Long compounded with another to give Bert a buyout as ridiculous as running off Petrino in the first place. We now pretty much own last place in the west. Between Long, Anderson and Bert, we are shelling out 7 million dollars a year? Any business returning the results we've got for that investment would go under in a NY minute..

So exactly how have we benefited from Little Jeff's committee position?? Inquiring minds want to know.

People that know a lot about the subject... hold Jeff Long in high regard.

Let go of it man. Bobby Petrino's actions left Jeff Long in a position he had to fire him...

Reactions: Cosmoc
The people who hold the moron Long in high regar couldn't care less if we are 11-1 or 2-10. Firing the most successful coach we've had in 50 years over consensual sex is just plan stupid but the bed was made and you can see where it landed us. From 5th in the land to 7th in our division.

Petrino's actions did NOT cause Long to turn the keys to the Ferrari over to the village idiot, JLSmith nor to hire Houston Nutt deuce.
Long owns this abortion of a program as much as Bert does. BP had us in a BCS Bowl in year three. Bert has us in the crapper in the same time frame.
YES (shock, surprise), coaching does matter folks. Hard to believe but.......

You think it's bad now. Wait until Texas A&M runs the score up on Arkansas 63-7..
Then we get to play Tenn at Tenn?
Then face Satan ( Nick Saban- who is pissed off about the Ole Miss lost) but will take it out on Arkansas.

Arkansas will go into the break 1-5...( 0-3) in the SEC and now win a SEC game until 2016...
I look for Bret to get one more year but Arkansas basketball is in worse shape because Mike Anderson is about
to lose Curry to Minnesota and that will eliminate any chance Arkansas has for getting Monk ( the best recruit to come out of Arkansas since Sidney Moncrieft #32).

You have to look at the AD when you have hired two coaches that see the Writing on the Wall.
Mike Anderson will come in last in Basketball and lose Monk and find players to sign at Arkansas who will chose between the Razorbacks and Arkansas Tech and ASU...

Thank God for our Baseball program...The only program that recruits well and Coaches well...

You are correct Hawg-Files but it doesn't matter to most on here if we win 10 or 2 games. Long's Lemmings will pat him on the back and tell him he's doing wonderfully, despite all evidence to the contrary. For reason's unknown to me, losing has become acceptable at Arkansas as long as donations are coming in and Emperor long can claim the coffers look good. Scoreboard be damned.

Porker, did you see Loser Long's comments about the program still being, "ahead of schedule"? If losing to Toledo and Texas Tech in a coaches third year is being ahead of schedule, I would love to see the "schedule". Might need to dust the old HDN banner off and find that pilot.

Reactions: Colonel Porker
Porker, did you see Loser Long's comments about the program still being, "ahead of schedule"? If losing to Toledo and Texas Tech in a coaches third year is being ahead of schedule, I would love to see the "schedule". Might need to dust the old HDN banner off and find that pilot.

The man is as delusional as the people who pat him on the back. Ahead of schedule? I guess he had us losing to UTEP as well LOL He's a great promoter - of himself!
The only thing he has done for us is turn an 11 win team into a 4 win team overnight. What kind of idiot gives a coach that has won 2 conference games in two years a 15 million dollar buyout. That must have been on hell of a love letter to Long he wrote.

Well I can see that not one thing has been learned from you people thinking you know more than a coaching staff. Lets see Petrino whored around and got busted and per his contract (morality clause) FIRED and with good reason. YOU DO NOT SCREW students especially those you put in a position they were not qualified for. 2nd Petrino sucked at recruiting for defense. Whats the damn point in scoring 100 when you cant stop the other team from scoring 107? There is none. 3rd Petrino NOT anyone else depleted this team. Then you have that laughable John Smith who was put in place to save what recruits we had coming in, and to try and keep some sense of stability. Then CBB comes in and you whiny asses are expecting miracles after 3 years of complete, and udder failures from Petrino and Smith era's. Oh and lets not mention the fact we lost some very good seniors especially on defense. Oh and the injuries (6) in a game against a non com school, and then 1 against Tech. Yeah lets not mention none of that lets just focus on the fact that we have a lot of arm chairs in here that think they know more than any of the damn coaches. Tell you what one of you whiners who have actually coached a college team get off your ass go to Fayeteville and lets see if you can do more than run your mouth. Im not ashamed of this team. I was at the Little Rock game and the fans in Little Rock made me sick. Bunch of pathetic crybabies. Biggest problem with our team is the whiny ass what have you done for me lately crying ass fans. How about sit down shut up and let this Coach do his job. If none of you can see the progress from 3 years ago then you are 1) to damn blind to see or stupid to see, or 2) just want something to cry about. Go Hogs!!!! Whiny ass fans GO TO HELL!!!!!

Reactions: Ole Hambone
Well I can see that not one thing has been learned from you people thinking you know more than a coaching staff. Lets see Petrino whored around and got busted and per his contract (morality clause) FIRED and with good reason. YOU DO NOT SCREW students especially those you put in a position they were not qualified for. 2nd Petrino sucked at recruiting for defense. Whats the damn point in scoring 100 when you cant stop the other team from scoring 107? There is none. 3rd Petrino NOT anyone else depleted this team. Then you have that laughable John Smith who was put in place to save what recruits we had coming in, and to try and keep some sense of stability. Then CBB comes in and you whiny asses are expecting miracles after 3 years of complete, and udder failures from Petrino and Smith era's. Oh and lets not mention the fact we lost some very good seniors especially on defense. Oh and the injuries (6) in a game against a non com school, and then 1 against Tech. Yeah lets not mention none of that lets just focus on the fact that we have a lot of arm chairs in here that think they know more than any of the damn coaches. Tell you what one of you whiners who have actually coached a college team get off your ass go to Fayeteville and lets see if you can do more than run your mouth. Im not ashamed of this team. I was at the Little Rock game and the fans in Little Rock made me sick. Bunch of pathetic crybabies. Biggest problem with our team is the whiny ass what have you done for me lately crying ass fans. How about sit down shut up and let this Coach do his job. If none of you can see the progress from 3 years ago then you are 1) to damn blind to see or stupid to see, or 2) just want something to cry about. Go Hogs!!!! Whiny ass fans GO TO HELL!!!!!
Yeah we are much better sitting here at
1-3. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

I feel better about this team after this loss. Had they played like this to begin the season, HOGS would be 3-1 instead of 1-3. Maybe they can do 2-a-days next year and be ready the first game. I do not see a bowl game this year but feel we will get more than the 2 wins I was thinking, up until yesterday.

[QUOTE="razRjag, post: 342104, Go TO HELL!!!!![/QUOTE]

Tell you what little boy, You go first. This loudmouth lard ass Long has saddled us with is 0-10 in games decided by less than one score. He craps his pants every week at crunch time but at least he has his lemmings like you to support him making 1 million dollars PER VICTORY. You wouldn't know a winning coach is one bit you in the ass. We had one if you can remember that far back. He last walked off the field ranked 5th in the country and never lost to A&M once. And get your fact straight since making up crap seems to be your forte. She was a 26 year old woman that Petrino had consensual sex with. But only in Arkansas is that worth burning a top ten team to the ground.

Reactions: hog44
Bobby in year three - BCS Bowl.
Bert in year three - Can't beat Texas Tech or Toledo, AT HOME.

Cherry pick that.

LOL.. more Cherry picking. Nobody denies that BP is really good when he's inherits good players.

That's why he never stays any one place very long. He runs out of players.

Or screws up like he did at Arkansas. Bobby has no one to blame for getting fired at Arkansas but himself.

Interesting viewpoint. Seems to me like BP just sent Flowers, Philon and Spaight to the league last year. All his players and all defense which he supposedly cannot recruit. He also is responsible for the majority of GOOD players on this team which was pointed out earlier by another poster. JWilliams and our QB Allen, both Petrino's guys. If you care to pull up the rankings Petrino had higher ranked classes during his time here. I think Bert's last two classes have ranked around 11-12th in a 14 team league so I get a bit sick of hearing how great Bert is recruiting.

I'm sorry you think little items like FACTS and RECORDS are cherry picking but the bottom line is winning games or at least it should be. Petrino did that better here than any coach we've had in 50 years and the records show it. I'm sure there is some sort of excuse out there for the fact that Bert has now lost as many SEC games in 2.25 years than Bobby did in 4 full years. Let me have them please.

NEWSFLASH: Coaching matters.

Reactions: hog44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT