ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Analysis: Rogers calls the Hogs

samspiegelman

Prospect
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2018

Little Rock (Ark.) Parkview HS QB Landon Rogers committed to Arkansas today. Timing is too good -- as I have a story on Rogers being one of the under-recruited prospects in the South will publish tomorrow morning.

Anyway, here's some thoughts on the newest Hog QB commitment:

As a junior in 2019, Rogers completed 54 percent of his throws for 1,600-plus-yards, 19 TD compared to 2 INTT. Rogers also clocked a 4.58-second 40 time.

On tape, Rogers showcases a big arm capable to making timely throws downfield, the ability to improvise, to create and extend plays, and to take off and run. I appreciate his calm, cool demeanor under pressure. I think he would improve his stock this spring and during camp season.

Rogers throws off-balanced a bit, which is something Kendal Briles will help mold when he arrives in Fayetteville, but he's able to maintain a solid level of accuracy downfield when he launches it. Rogers loves to throw downfield and possesses a ton of arm strength to do so. That'll be essential in Arkansas' new-look offense in 2020 under Briles.

Rogers does a fantastic job with his short-field accuracy, particularly in the RZ. I like his ability to place the ball where only his WR can grab it. That should lead to great effectiveness near the goal as Rogers can throw dimes and also use his legs to find the end zone.

Rogers also extends plays well and continues to want to throw the rock first. His accuracy can be suspect, at times, but two INT shows that even if the ball is off-the-mark to a degree, the job is getting done. The stats speak volumes with a 19:2 TD to interception ratio.

Rogers also has solid anticipation to hit WR out of their breaks. So is his ability to deliver throws on-point while on the run. He throws outside the numbers with decent accuracy, but that'll be big in Briles' offense.

The majority of Rogers' throws are downfield outside the numbers and down the seams. We'd love to see his big arm and accuracy rear itself with some more throws. Camp season is critical for that area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.