ADVERTISEMENT

Another 20-year first: Hogs win at least 25 games for 1st time since

Sir Dennis Eeatin-Hog

All-American
Apr 3, 2007
the 1994-95 team that went 32-7 and made it back to the national championship game. This Arkansas team is now 25-7, including 14-5 against SEC teams.

* The Hogs are now 8-5 away from home this year, and 7-3 away from home against SEC teams.

* Hogs still in line for a 5 seed. I think they'll need to win tomorrow to have a chance to hold on to it, but if they reach the finals against KY, I think they'll keep the 5 seed, win or lose. Beat KY for the SECT title, and we'll move up to a 4-seed.

* BP and MQ combined for a monster 46 points, and BP al;so had 11 rebounds for his 12th double-double of the season. He also had 2 assists, 2 steals, and a block.

* Look at Alandise Harris and his 14 points (on 4-of-6 FGs and 6-of-7 FTs), 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 4 blocks. I thought he actually did a great job of containing Richardson and causing him some problems -- only so much you can do to stop an NBA player at this level, though.

* Madden had a poor game tonight, but at least he was money at the FT line down the stretch. Glad the refs whistled those fouls on TN, because I swear for a moment or two I thought Madden was point-shaving. He did finish with 9 points, 5 rebounds, and 1 assist to go with 2 turnovers -- but it felt like he turned the ball over 4 or 5 times tonight.

* Beard had a nice floor game in the first half, struggled in the 2nd, but 5 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, and only 1 turnover is a solid contribution. I also thought he had one of his better games staying in front of his man. I saw him ball-watching a few times on D when guys blew right by him for rebounds and free paths to the basket, but his on-ball D was improved.

* Bell was not making shots tonight -- 1-of-5 from 3 -- but he was 3-of-3 from the FT line, had 2 assists, 3 steals, and drew a charge. I thought he was a key to this win.

* Liked our press, liked out ball movement in the first half, but the refs killed the flow of this game. Horrible job by them. Travesty.

* MA with a great gameplan tonight. We attacked them and fed Portis -- something that was missing from the two previous matchups against TN. I also liked it that Qualls pulled up more in the mid-range instead of barreling ahead out of control.

* Hogs 32-of-39 at the line -- 82.1% -- and we needed every one of them. Great poise, confidence, and focus at the line tonight.

This post was edited on 3/13 8:59 PM by Sir Dennis Eeatin-Hog

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.