ADVERTISEMENT

Any thoughts on who will fill Michigan's spot in 2018/19?

Aug 31, 2003
Hi All,

I'm a Penn State fan, but overall a huge fan of college football in general. I was disappointed to see that Michigan backed out of their home and home series with the Razorbacks. I'm also disappointed in Penn State's that Penn State isn't playing more marquee out of conference games. Maybe there is an opportunity to resolve both issues, by having Penn State take Michigan's place on Arkansas's 2018 and 2018 schedule. Is this something that you think the Arkansas athletic department and Razorback fans would be interested in?

Obviously, I'm not a representative for the Penn State athletic department/football team, nor am I a high rolling donor that could write a check to make something like this happen. We would have to back out of games against Idaho and Appalachian St. Both of them are pay for play games, so I don't think it's as egregious as Michigan backing out to play Notre Dame. The hard sell, from Penn State's perspective, is that we would have to live with just 6 home games in 2019. As a fan, I would much rather see Penn State play quality teams like Arkansas, as opposed to mid major teams or worse.

I'm interested in your opinions... also, if anyone has connections to the Arkansas athletic department, feel free to put a bug in someone's ear.

Reactions: BurleyHog
In another thread a WVU has mentioned they have opening those seasons, and that would be fine with me. It needs to be somebody from the power 5 conferences but the majority of them likely have their schedules that close already full. Maybe PSU can buy out the games from the non-conference teams scheduled, but might be hard since it would have them scrambling around for replacements for you guys.

Well this sucks. Was looking forward to Arkansas vs Michigan. WVU wouldn't be bad, but I would love to see Penn State, Clemson, North Carolina, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Oregon, Stanford, or maybe Arizona. I would prefer Penn State simply because its a game that has never been played at least to my knowledge, but the style or play is similar the traditions are similar. I just think it would be one hell of a match up.

Coach BB hinted at it being some good news at the SEC media days but said he couldn't say who it is yet. Must not have all the paperwork signed yet or something.

Yes, I would like to see a Big 10 School replace Michigan. I know we live in a different era, different planet, than in my day, but one of the recruiting tidbits was that we would get to play at USC in 73 and then in Little Rock in 74. Not saying it was a deal maker on which school you signed with, but it was like a "cherry" on top of a hot fudge sundae! You know what I mean? And playing at Michigan in that stadium would be a big deal to me as a player. I would like to see us play a home and home with another historical iconic team and home stadium.

How about the
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

ADVERTISEMENT