ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody seen Vandy (Saturday's home game)?

Friedas_Boss

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2003
FYI, we are extremely young, but pretty darned talented. As of two games ago, VU was the most inexperienced team in the country with our freshman accounting for 60% of the playing time so far. We have 5 freshmen, 2 sophs, and 1 senior in our rotation.

I like all 8 of our players, but the key guys are:

-Damian Jones: 6'10 center (will play 4 in the NBA) averaging 16 ppg / 7 rpg
-Riley LaChance: White bread 2 guard, but he is the leading scorer for all freshmen in the SEC at 13 ppg. Fun to watch.
-We have two freshmen point guards who combined average 13 ppg and 9 apg (Wade Baldwin / Shelton Mitchell).
-The wild card is James Siakam (only sr) 10 ppg / 6 rpg. Undersized, but is an animal on the offensive glass.

All in all, I like our team and I think you will enjoy watching the Dores play, but we're a year away from being really good. We're probably an NIT team this year, but when we play well, this team is capable of beating anybody. VU is the best shooting team in the SEC and 9th nationally at last check.

Prediction:

Ark 80
VU 67

Thoughts?

I hope you have the score correct. Vandy will be a good team if they are not already.

Very good call on the game. You guys are going to be a tough out over the next few years.

I would love to have that Fisher kid wearing a Razorback uniform. You guys have a very talented team. Future is bright for vandy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT