ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any Hogs here that miss the SWC?

12375CAT

Letterman
Feb 15, 2012
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

None that I know. It was actually the Texas Longhorn conference. As other teams are finding out, Texas plays by a different set of rules, than the rest of the teams.

Reactions: buddha7mu
One of the biggest complaints of the late 80s was how weak the schedule was. No one's complained about that since the Hogs' joined the SEC. To me it's exciting to play a great schedule. Sure the chances of the Razorbacks going undefeated are slim, and winning an SEC title seems to be out of reach most seasons, but if the Hogs ever do win the SEC, it will certainly be an accomplishment.

JFB chose to leave the SWC after warning the league to be fair about the revenue distribution.We were the only school in that league that wasn't from Texas.I'm glad we left,and am very happy to be in the SEC.

What? Why? Are you a longhorn subscriber?

LOL, no!

I knew id catch heat qwikly.

Geographically, and competition-wise, Hogs belong in the B12.
Just an opinion.

The revenue and being able to say we are in toughest conference in the country are great;
but Hogs are mostly overmatched in the SEC.
Mostly due to recruiting disadvantages and namebrands we are competing with.

Again, just an opinion.
(and I HATE the shortwhorns, im a lifelong Hog fan)

I used to post here ALOT back in the day. First acct was hacked, came back a few yrs after that, but left mostly due to personal attacks and
"cliques".
Im hoping it has gotten better here so i figured id give it another chance.

Maybe you dont remember me.
Some will, some wont.

In a way, just nostalgia since it was what I grew up with and I still enjoy beating texass more than any other team. But, we were always treated as the red-headed stepchild since we were the only ones not in texas. Some people think we would be a better fit in the big 12, but they are basicly just the new SWC, so no, don't want have to put up with all the baggage texass brings, they've already ran off Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, and aTm. If the big 12 was a worthwhile conference those teams would still be there.

NO. Do miss playing Texas, but overall NO. Arkansas does NOT belong in the Big 12 just like Arkansas does NOT need to play Ark State. It benefits no one especially Arkansas.

ADVERTISEMENT