ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Arkansas back at the top for four-star lineman Carius Curne

DanielFair

Football Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Dec 6, 2019

After gaining and losing the commitment of Marion four-star lineman Carius Curne in February and March, the Arkansas Razorbacks are back in the thick of things with Curne’s recruitment.

Despite Curne walking back his decision, Arkansas defensive line coach Deke Adams and offensive line coach Eric Mateos didn't stop recruiting him, and it could pay off down the stretch.

Curne took an official visit to Arkansas over the weekend, and he said afterward it was enough to put Arkansas back in the conversation since he de-committed.

"It was good, they showed love," Curne said after the visit. "I opened my mind up again. Arkansas' taking a chance. They showed me love after I de-committed. No hard feelings. I like that. Shows that they care about the players. I like that too. It was a pretty good weekend."

The Marion native has blown up on the recruiting trail within the last year, and while it's good to get recognized for your hard work and success, Curne said he's kind of over it.

"At first it was good, I'm getting good recognition like I've never had," Curne said. "But after while it gets boring and old."

On the visit, Curne was hosted by Arkansas defensive end and former four-star Kavion Henderson. Curne said the highlight of his visit was getting to hang around the current Razorbacks.

"The highlight was getting to hang out with the players and see how it really is up here, how they really treat players here," Curne said. ""(Kavion Henderson) said it's been going good so far. He said you have to work hard. Showing love all the way around. They love all the freshmen up here early."

Along with Arkansas, Curne has already gone on an official visit to Missouri the weekend of May 31. He was scheduled for a visit to LSU next weekend, but he said he doesn't think he'll go there.

The official visit was big for Arkansas' chances of getting back in the fight for Curne's commitment.

"Kind of boosted them back up again," Curne said. "Arkansas' definitely back up in the top again. I've got to go home and think."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News