ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Fall Camp Practice No. 16: Notes, Attendance, More

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021
FAYETTEVILLE — The Arkansas football team held its 16th practice of 2024 fall camp inside the Walker Pavilion on a warm Saturday morning in Northwest Arkansas.

Arkansas was wearing shells, not full pads, for Saturday's practice. The team allowed reporters inside for just two periods of practice, and HawgBeat was on hand to get practice video, notes and intel from the action.

Notes:

- We didn't get to see fastball today. Just two periods of individual drills for our final practice viewing of the season (yes, that's right). That also means there really isn't much to take away from today's practice.

- Did not participate: OL Patrick Kutas (back), OL Ty'Kieast Crawford (shoulder), RB Ja'Quinden Jackson (undisclosed), WR Dazmin James (undisclosed)

- While I like Keyshawn Blackstock as the first team right tackle, I wonder how far behind Syracuse transfer Joe More is. More (6-foot-5, 311 lbs) started 33 games at Richmond and played in just three last year at Syracuse due to injury.

- I'm starting to believe that Monte Harrison, the 29-year-old freshman receiver, is actually going to play a decent bit. I still feel like I haven't seen a ton from him, but he's consistently going with the second group behind starters in individual drills, he's ran with the first team offense more than once and he has apparently made played in the scrimmages. I did hear that one of the tipped INTs in Thursday's scrimmage was off Harrison's hands, and I've seen him have multiple drops in practice, but he's got the skillset and the frame to actually make an impact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.