ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Fall Camp Practice No. 5: Notes, Gallery (Some thoughts on position groups too)

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021

FAYETTEVILLE — The Arkansas football team held its fifth practice of 2024 fall camp Monday morning on the outdoor grass and turf fields at the Fred W. Smith Football Center in Northwest Arkansas.

With shells and shorts on, and slightly cooler weather than last week's evening practices, the Razorbacks allowed the media in for five viewing periods of the action.

HawgBeat was on hand to get practice video, notes and intel, plus readers can scroll below for pictures from the action. Fun offensive formations, missing players, who performed well, who drew praise from coaches and much more.

-------------------

Notes
- No fastball period for the second practice in a row, so I don't have a depth chart to provide. The offense did do some work with the full o-line, so I'll list the first two teams below:

First team: LT Fernando Carmona Jr., LG Amaury Wiggins, C Addison Nichols, RG Josh Braun, RT Keyshawn Blackstock

Second team: LT E'Marion Harris, LG Brooks Edmonson, C Tim Dawn, RG Ty'Kieast Crawford, RT Joe More

- If you want to see some of that offense work, which features them running the I formation, you can check out our practice video on YouTube (2:40-5:30ish).

- They did have Braylen Russell as the RB in some of the I formation work. That could've just been by coincidence or by design, but obviously he's a solid option at 253 pounds.

- Again, no Patrick Kutas at today's practice. We've been told we'll get an update Thursday when Pittman speaks. Anton Juncaj was at practice, but not participating again.

- I spent some time watching the offensive line do some run blocking drills and I was really impressed with Keyshawn Blackstock. I've heard from some people that he plays with a ton of aggression, and I think Pittman really likes him too. I also really liked how Fernando Carmona Jr. was telling everyone else to run back after completing drills. You can see the leadership there.

- The final period of practice featured LBs, RBs and TEs paired up to do some 1-on-1 blocking drills. I was impressed with the RBs (specifically Rashod Dubinion and Ja'Quinden Jackson) being able to hold their own. Tight ends could use some work, especially the guys lower on the depth chart (walk-ons). The DBs were paired with WRs working on the beginning of routes, and the OL and DL were doing some blocking drills as well.

- AD Hunter Yurachek was at today's practice.

Reactions: cfcjr50 and Mass31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.