ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Fall Camp Practice No. 6: Notes, Depth Chart, Gallery

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021

FAYETTEVILLE — The Arkansas football team held its sixth practice of 2024 fall camp Tuesday morning on the outdoor grass and turf fields at the Fred W. Smith Football Center in Northwest Arkansas. It was the first day in full pads for the Razorbacks, and they seem to be bit by the injury bug at the moment.

Arkansas allowed the media inside for six periods of practice, which was roughly 30 minutes with individual drills, fastball starts, inside run drills and one-on-ones between receivers and defensive backs.

HawgBeat was on hand to get practice video, notes and intel, plus readers can scroll below for a full three-deep depth chart (looking a lot different) and pictures from the action.

Notes:

- Players who were out (no details for why anyone is out yet): OG Patrick Kutas, OT Keyshawn Blackstock, DE Anton Juncaj, RB Ja'Quinden Jackson, CB Marquise Robinson.

- When you look at the fastball depth chart (it's below in the thread, or click here), there will be plenty of names missing. Some is for injury or whatever is holding someone out, but not all. Tyrone Broden was there, as was Jaheim Singletary.

- During practice, there were a few players who got dinged up and had to go off to the side. I can't confirm if they returned to practice after we left, so I obviously can't report any names. The fact of the matter is, there's always a point in fall camp when injuries start to pile up and it might be a little early this year.

- I really like how aggressive Landon Jackson attacks each rep. During the first individual drill breakouts, he was attacking each rep and screaming while doing it. Nobody else was going as hard as he was.

- Also on the defensive line, I feel like defensive tackle Ian Geffrard has come a long way. They were doing some tackling drills hitting a rolling object and he was one of the only d-tackles to go to the ground and get back up quickly and hustle back to the line.

- Utah State transfer Anthony Switzer (Switz Army Knife) was working with LBs during indy, but he played Hog (nickel) with the first team defense in fastball.

- Ty'Kieast Crawford was moved back to tackle again today. Pittman said they want him to be at guard before camp started, but the injuries to Kutas and Blackstock have basically made Crawford have to shift to tackle out of necessity. It does feel telling that Amuary Wiggins and Joe More move up to first team before Crawford. I also noticed Crawford has his left ankle taped up pretty good — he missed a day last week.

- Quote of the day from Eric Mateos working with tackles and TEs on blocking edge rushers: "Cut the meat off the ball. Thanksgiving dinner."

- A few 1-on-1 takeaways: Malachi Singleton was underthrowing some guys so bad that it was kind of concerning, KJ Jackson overthrew a TD and then on the next play made the exact same throw on the money, a few pass interference flags were thrown on DBs.

- The SEC Inside crew was there, likely for a special episode on the SEC Network.

- AD Hunter Yurachek was in attendance once again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.