ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Arkansas in the mix with four-star DT Andrew Maddox

RileyMcFerran

Managing editor
Staff
Mar 30, 2019
Lavaca, AR

Four-star DT Andrew Maddox has NFL bloodlines and is being courted by some of the top defensive line coaches around the country.

The 6-foot-4, 285-pound mauler in the middle of Hattiesburg (Miss.) Oak Grove High's defensive front was back in Auburn to start the spring. He's also made a handful of stops to Oxford to see older brother AJ Maddox, now a freshman QB for the Rebels, as well as to LSU The Rivals250 DL also collected an offer from Ohio State this spring, adding another wrinkle to his recruitment.

"Everything is going well and recruiting is a lot -- talking to coaches and making visits, but I'm enjoying it and appreciate all the coaches who have come by the school," Maddox told Rivals. "It's been a process, but I love it. Not everyone gets the opportunity to do this."

Maddox has visit locked in for Arkansas next month​

Maddox is set to his Fayetteville for a June 7 visit.

The Razorbacks were present at Oak Grove this spring. Now, the four-star DL is set to get to the Hill.

"I wanted to see how it is, I wanted to see how they run everything and how things are on campus academics-wise and I want to see how the players work," Maddox said. "We've been communicating, talking and texting, and they came down to see me a couple of times this spring. I know I'm one of their top guys and they're pushing hard to get me up there. I want to see how Arkansas does things because I've heard good things ... great things ... and they've been pushing hard to get me to show me things."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News