ADVERTISEMENT

Best of News on This Friday...

PorkshankRedemption

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2011
This thread will probably be zapped in less than 10 minutes...but Jamele Hill is off SC6

Force-Of-Nature-June-Irwin-Audio-Recording-Ding-Dong-The-Witch-Is-Dead.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Why is that news? Technically she is not leaving ESPN. She is moving to another division.

There are a lot of people in this thread that "don't watch ESPN" that are very happy they won't have to "not watch" someone on ESPN anymore.
Generally, the reason people "don't watch ESPN" is because of divisive individuals...like the one that was fired.

Therefore someone like myself, who stopped watching a show that I grew up on, will probably be more inclined to watch the network based on what appears to be a desire to depoliticize their flagship program.

Generally, the reason people "don't watch ESPN" is because of divisive individuals...like the one that was fired.

Therefore someone like myself, who stopped watching a show that I grew up on, will probably be more inclined to watch the network based on what appears to be a desire to depoliticize their flagship program.

They have about 20 different episodes of SportsCenter every day. Jemele Hill is/was on one of them.

Reactions: SausagePatty
I'm not a fan of that hour of Sportscenter solely because of the tweet-heavy, viral video style that her and her co-host have moved towards - has nothing to do with her political stances on Twitter which I have no problem with. I think the Undefeated is a better fit for her and she will do well there.

Why is that news? Technically she is not leaving ESPN. She is moving to another division.

Her ratings are awful and she just got a multi year contract last year. They won’t fire her.

They have about 20 different episodes of SportsCenter every day. Jemele Hill is/was on one of them.
Very true. But she was on their flagship program. If she was on the ESPN at 2 am, do you think this would have gathered as much attention?

They moved her from their most expensive timeslot from an advertisement perspective to a group that is specifically an internet venture. They may get a soundbite, but there are no daily television shows associated with the program.

So essentially, ESPN moved someone who they had previously deemed as one of their lead anchors...to a blogger...

I would say this adjustment would affect the way some view the company/program as a whole.

Reactions: briggzee and Mass31
Very true. But she was on their flagship program. If she was on the ESPN at 2 am, do you think this would have gathered as much attention?

They moved her from their most expensive timeslot from an advertisement perspective to a group that is specifically an internet venture. They may get a soundbite, but there are no daily television shows associated with the program.

So essentially, ESPN moved someone who they had previously deemed as one of their lead anchors...to a blogger...

I would say this adjustment would affect the way some view the company/program as a whole.

The 6pm EST isn't the flagship program. That would be the 11pm EST SportsCenter.

She can be interesting and was a pretty good writer, I’m not a fan of their show necessarily but not because of politics just find it kinda “meh”. Hope she lands on her feet and finds her place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT