ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Clinton

mikedamone

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2003
@cbfowler: President Clinton has always known his hoops. Reminded us Arkansas beat UK TWICE this season. http://t.co/orQYwRiDT6

JxtD1vch.jpg

So a guy who doesn't know what the meaning of IS, IS, has become a guy who knows his hoops. Wonder how many other folks could have figured out that we beat Kentucky twice, his BB knowledge is truly outstanding.

Originally posted by pokerpig:

So a guy who doesn't know what the meaning of IS, IS, has become a guy who knows his hoops. Wonder how many other folks could have figured out that we beat Kentucky twice, his BB knowledge is truly outstanding.
Actually, his basketball IQ is extremely high. I remember several weeks back during a Nets/Thunder game Bill was sitting courtside and ESPN interviewed him. He broke down Kevin Durant's game like a studio analyst. Then dropped some Razorback knowledge.

Dude's a pimp, and he knows his roundball.

Its astounding to me who many Arkansans forget the shape he left our state in and how much money he and his buddies sucked out of our pockets for their own gain. Arkansas was a bottom feeder in education, teen pregnancy, welfare, etc but hey.... we lead the nation in Poultry sales! Way to go Bill. Play that horn one more time, light up a fatty, and tap one too. The guy is a pure politician of the highest order. The lowest life form on either side are the ones like him.

Not dead last...but as a country we're all last in education, so anytime a higher ranking northern state tries to make fun of Arkansas for being 48th or whatever, make sure to remind them that they're an idiot for bragging about something we're all bad at in this country.

Originally posted by jreff32:
Aren't we still at the bottom for all that stuff? Is it his fault all these years later?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Yet he is talked about like he walked on water. He did no better than any one else. He saved Arkansas right? Lol. No, but he and his friends sure took a LOT of our money. And for that we should all be happy I guess.

Originally posted by Hogswell Hogs:

Best POTUS since FDR
Please explain this comment. And before you do please remember that Clinton nor any other politician in any party gets credit for the .com boom and the online revenue streams it created that previously didnt exist.

The man lies at every opportunity for his own personal gain. He uses his wife and child purely as political pawns and are rarely even seen together outside of election years or fundraisers. He effectively did nothing as a president good or overtly bad to impact our country. Hes the worst kind of politician there is. He stands for nothing and never has. He IMO simply loves the attention and the power.

FDR was a great leader and president but a pretty bad guy in all honesty. Clinton however looked the other way when Binladen blew a hole in one of our ships and bombed our embassy. Clinton gets no more respect from me than the average congressman/woman BSing their way to power.

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:

Best POTUS since FDR
Please explain this comment. And before you do please remember that Clinton nor any other politician in any party gets credit for the .com boom and the online revenue streams it created that previously didnt exist.

The man lies at every opportunity for his own personal gain. He uses his wife and child purely as political pawns and are rarely even seen together outside of election years or fundraisers. He effectively did nothing as a president good or overtly bad to impact our country. Hes the worst kind of politician there is. He stands for nothing and never has. He IMO simply loves the attention and the power.

FDR was a great leader and president but a pretty bad guy in all honesty. Clinton however looked the other way when Binladen blew a hole in one of our ships and bombed our embassy. Clinton gets no more respect from me than the average congressman/woman BSing their way to power.
Clinton's economic strategy focused on fiscal discipline; investment in education, healthcare, and technology; and opening foreign markets. Over strong Republican opposition, the Clinton administration passed budgets that combined tax increases on the wealthy with government spending cuts, achieving the largest budget surpluses and debt reduction in U.S. history by 2000.

Poverty levels fell, more than 20 million jobs were created, and unemployment rates consistently decreased over his two terms in office, reaching their lowest levels since the 1960s. With Republican support, he passed NAFTA in 1993, removing trade barriers in North America, and a sweeping welfare-reform bill in 1996 that required recipients to work and placed lifetime limits on benefits, fulfilling his campaign promise to "end welfare as we have come to know it."

Forgot to mention FMLA, the Brady Bill, the Federal Direct Loan program, GATT, WTO - and steps to increase gay rights ("Don't ask, don't tell") and the availability of affordable health care.

EDIT: And just as important as any of those items - he took steps to improve the relationship we have with the rest of the world after 12 years of Reagan and Bush browbeating everyone with their cowboy tactics.
This post was edited on 4/8 11:06 AM by Method Ham

Why do I give three shits if he's a good guy? I'm looking for a good president.

Same with athletes. Don't care what kind of people they are. I appreciate them for what they do in their sport.

Historically great president. Played the center and got stuff done. Best Executive this country has seen in my lifetime.... so far!

Originally posted by Method Ham:

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:

Best POTUS since FDR

Clinton's economic strategy focused on fiscal discipline; investment in education, healthcare, and technology; and opening foreign markets. Over strong Republican opposition, the Clinton administration passed budgets that combined tax increases on the wealthy with government spending cuts, achieving the largest budget surpluses and debt reduction in U.S. history by 2000.

Poverty levels fell, more than 20 million jobs were created, and unemployment rates consistently decreased over his two terms in office, reaching their lowest levels since the 1960s. With Republican support, he passed NAFTA in 1993, removing trade barriers in North America, and a sweeping welfare-reform bill in 1996 that required recipients to work and placed lifetime limits on benefits, fulfilling his campaign promise to "end welfare as we have come to know it."
It is a liberal myth that Clinton balanced the budget. Only if you add in the Social Security surplus do you get a balanced budget his next to last year. Social Security is a separate item... it's not part of the budget.

And Clinton did not create that wonderful economy. He merely benefited from the increased efficiency the computer revolution gave our economy.

He did do NAFTA. I give him credit for that. Only a Democrat could have gotten away with that. If a Republican had tried to do that, he'd have been skewered by the Democrats and especially the unions.

Welfare reform was done on Clinton's watch... against his will!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT