ADVERTISEMENT

Bright Side of our team

phillipadavis

Letterman
Gold Member
Jul 21, 2007
I'm finally over the loss, not so much the loss, but how we lost. It was the most Un-Bielema like performance I can remember in regards to fumbles, penalties, and having 20 plays from the 1 yd line and come up empty.

Now, the bright side.
AUSTIN ALLEN - I was not prepared for him to be as good as he is so quickly. I was worried about arm strength, and experience. He is tough as hell, and maybe the best leader since Clint Stoerner.

WR - As good an overall group as I ever remember, and they all bring something different. Once Reed gets going, AND HE WILL, they are going to be considered one of the nations best.

RB - Hated seeing Rawleigh make that mistake. But glad to see him come back and have success. Devwah is going to be very special as well. Cant wait to see him break one. I expect to see a lot of DW and finally TJ this week.

OL - Things are a little frustrating here, but they are improving. Good to see B Wallace playing like the player we NEED him to be. Feels good knowing we only replace a RT next year, assuming Ragnow comes back.

TE/FB - Extremely pleased here. Who is NCAA has a better group?

DL - Love seeing Agim, still think he needs more snaps. I just see teams freak out a little when he is in the game. I think he is going to be a nightmare for opposing OL.

LB - Ellis and Greenlaw are better, and TAMU had the worst match ups for Ellis for sure. They will need to correct it because we will see it again. Other than that, I thought they played well. The depth the coaches spoke about doesn't seem to be getting Ellis off the field like they thought. Its going to add up soon.

DB - Pulley is becoming one of my favorite HAWGS. Coley, NOT SO MUCH! That play, even without the targeting, is probably one of the biggest turns in the game. It was 4th and 10 at their 3 yard line if he does the right thing. I hope that never happens again. Instead, they went down and scored.

All in all, there is a ton of football left to play this year. A Bunch of SEC games. And YES, we get Bama at home in 2 weeks, and I like the opportunity. Our OL will need to grow up now, and we will need to prepare for the QB. But should be a great opportunity for us. Fingers crossed.

GO HAWGS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News