ADVERTISEMENT

Classy Les Miles exiting LSU

UTRIP UMP

All-American
Sep 14, 2003
Miles, who will turn 63 in November, said LSU athletic director Joe Alleva informed him of his firing at a face-to-face meeting Sunday. Miles said he did not fight the decision to end his LSU run in its 12th season.

"It was beyond fighting," Miles said. "The enjoyment of being here, the enjoyment of the community, the experiences that my family's had, it's too important to me to fight over. It's history. It's what we are. If they see that a change makes the Tigers better, then I am for them."
=====================
he thanked Alleva for the opportunity to address the Tigers at a team meeting Sunday.

"I recognize in those decisions so many times, you can see where it's not necessary that the ex-head coach says goodbye," Miles said. "But they gave me that opportunity, and I took advantage of it and did not stay long, but wished them well. They deserve the best. I think Ed Orgeron will do a great job for them, and I exited about as fast as I could."
=============
Miles said. "I can tell you one thing, I'm going to be rooting for the LSU Tigers..."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...plans-coach-again-following-firing-lsu-tigers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News