ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching changes

Count Hogula

Letterman
Nov 4, 2007
Saw on the news last night OL coach Pittman is going to Georgia and that they tried to contact Enos but he has a no compete clause so they got Cheney instead. I know it's a sign we have good coaches but it seems we've had to replace somebody every year, and with all the openings still left some school with deeper pockets could still snatch away another one. I guess our games with Bama the last couple of years made an impression on Kirby since he went after Cheney when he was unable to get Enos. They also said Pittman was one of our better recruiters so that has me concerned about the reactions of those he was recruiting.

Saw on the news last night OL coach Pittman is going to Georgia and that they tried to contact Enos but he has a no compete clause so they got Cheney instead. I know it's a sign we have good coaches but it seems we've had to replace somebody every year, and with all the openings still left some school with deeper pockets could still snatch away another one. I guess our games with Bama the last couple of years made an impression on Kirby since he went after Cheney when he was unable to get Enos. They also said Pittman was one of our better recruiters so that has me concerned about the reactions of those he was recruiting.
Enos left a HC job to become an OC so I'm not sure if he desires to be a HC again but I might be wrong. If he has developed a good relationship with Bielema, give him a good enough raise to make him feel appreciated and maybe he will stay.

Losing Pittman was not about money but his desire to work with his friend Cheney. Although he is a good recruiter, it is Bielema who at Whisky and here covets OL and most recruits know this. If we hire another good OL coach I think we will continue to bring in very good recruits for that position. Pittman only recruited linemen so him leaving will not affect current recruits much.

Basically we brought in the same O line from last year. The line play was bad in first five games. It started to click after that.

I hope new OL would get the O line ready from day one and not from week 6. We lost two winnable games in first two weeks for weak O line play.

Basically we brought in the same O line from last year. The line play was bad in first five games. It started to click after that.

I hope new OL would get the O line ready from day one and not from week 6. We lost two winnable games in first two weeks for weak O line play.
Looked more to me like a lack of pass def lost us those games, we never slowed either one of them down and was weak against the pass all year.

Looked more to me like a lack of pass def lost us those games, we never slowed either one of them down and was weak against the pass all year.
Better O-line play = More running yards and less penalties = more first downs + points = more time having the ball with efficient finishing of the drives = Less time our defense is on the field = better output from the defense.

Simple linear equation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT