ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching

steven orr

Signee
Dec 6, 2005
His team is clueless against a zone defense which is a direct reflection of being clueless how to coach offense and his team really doesn't play half court defense. He is not a top coach at all. High school coaches could produce better half Court offense than what the razorbacks do.

Adam kennedy is schooling Anderson on how to coach offense. 54 points in a half? That is as bad as one team can be on defense.

Big problems

Wow, this is the very first time I have began doubting MA add the right guy for AU. The Vols already have a coach that is showing more coaching ability than Mike has shown. There is absolutely no reason for hog fans to expect bio less than a sweet 16 run this year.he has had enough time to progress this program to that point.

Originally posted by steven orr:
His team is clueless against a zone defense which is a direct reflection of being clueless how to coach offense and his team really doesn't play half court defense. He is not a top coach at all. High school coaches could produce better half Court offense than what the razorbacks do.
Where you at the Ole Miss game at Fayetteville last year?

Or, do you remember the game?

Are you using one game a year ago won by a non NCAA tourney team? MA has zero offense, zero half court defense, it is street ball. Undisciplined and as always absolutely zero rebounding. It is 100% coaching. He is not a top coach and he will never get this team to anything beyond a first round loss in the NCAA. I have no clue after four years what offense sets arkansas runs and what he teaches in his half court defense. The full court press maybe gets one TO a game...it really is pointless and just gets his players ou of position on defense. He is not a good coach because I really don't think he is an intelligent man.

He is also a gutless punk with zero class and terrible leadership with his little stunt not shaking hands after the game. Players watch you coach and your crybaby ways and they play like it. You want to be mad at someone look in the mirror for not coaching rebounding, discipline, defense, and teaching your kids some kind of an offense.

Tonight was the beginning of the end for MA. The world saw him not shake hands and his credibility is dropping fast.

He's the same coach he was when they win. Coaches coach and players play or do not play.
I think the fact is, some of you guys overrated this group of players and are now seeing they are are average players, not very good ones.

This post was edited on 1/18 7:59 AM by bobhawg

I've never been sold on MA...thought it was a mistake to give him a 5 year extension! You get what you get with MA....a guy that recruits good athletes but does not really coach/teach them to be good basketball players. The run and gun system will work against teams that don't have the athletes or ball handlers but no one else consistently. It also does not help that our non conference schedule is so weak!This year will continue to follow the trend of the last few years....we win early and win big, everyone gets excited....we go on the road and lose to mid level C5 teams. Conference starts and we beat most of the teams we are supposed to beat, lose some to those we shouldn't and we will beat a team we should not! NIT maybe NCAA where we might win a couple until we meet a quality team that will beat us.

bring on the Diamond Hogs!!!

Originally posted by steven orr:
Are you using one game a year ago won by a non NCAA tourney team? MA has zero offense, zero half court defense, it is street ball. Undisciplined and as always absolutely zero rebounding. It is 100% coaching. He is not a top coach and he will never get this team to anything beyond a first round loss in the NCAA. I have no clue after four years what offense sets arkansas runs and what he teaches in his half court defense. The full court press maybe gets one TO a game...it really is pointless and just gets his players ou of position on defense. He is not a good coach because I really don't think he is an intelligent man.
What was the score of last years Ole Miss-Arkansas game at Fayetteville?

Just so we're communicating... what was the score last year?

how was he able to do alot more at u_a_b and missouri than he has done so far arkansas? He has underperformed in a pretty big way so far. I was always one who voiced my desire for MA to bee our guy,but he has disappointed me to this point. Go hogs!

They won one game big against ole miss last year. That's fine, continue to defend him. His coaching and his style will not win. Street ball doesn't win anymore. Not even trying to rebound won't win big games. Running a backyard street ball offense won't work. Not playing defense won't win games. Four years from now nothing will have changed. He isn't smart enough to recruit basketball skilled people. He wants fast athletes that can beat Jackson state . He will never come close to an SEC conf title. He is a reach back to yesteryear and Jeff long didn't realize it isn't 1995 anymore. You can't look back and try to rekindle a fire that burned out almost 2 decades ago.

Man this post seems like Decades ago! lol

Where are all the negative comments about this coach and his team now????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT