ADVERTISEMENT

College Football, will it mimic Basketball?

BilboHawg

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2007
my question is, when will a team start doing to College Football what Kentucky is doing to College Basketball?

Many, maybe most can argue that it's already being done by none other than Bama...

Over the years I've seen this happen to various teams in various sports, case in point, several years ago, the craze at the time was softball, seems everyone wanted to play softball, we had some good years during the summer, playing league play, traveling Arkansas and nearby States to play in tournaments but as usual, something happens to put a halt to games.
Someone liked the idea of a "Super Team", it started small like but it caught on quickly, everyone began to think that they had to have a "Super Team" or just drop out of the league because it was no fun to compete when you knew you had no chance of winning.

get the general idea?

What I wish is that the NCAA would ban Kentucky from playing in league play, tell them to find opponents that wish to play a Minor League Pro Team?
How would it feel if another team was building a situation such as Kentucky has going right now, say we were playing league play and with a 14 team league play, our coach would tell his players "well guys, we have a chane to go 12-2 this year, we have the best team we've had in years."
Kinda takes the wind outta your sails huh?

I'm beginning to ramble so let me ask, how do you feel about these so called "Super Teams"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.