ADVERTISEMENT

Cow Bells; WTF

TheRedBoar'n

Signee
Sep 13, 2006
I like Miss State. If they beat us I hope they end up #1, but are those cow bells legal or not. I thought the SEC had some rule about artificial noise makers.

The cow bell rule was done away with by the SEC a while back. Don't really know why.

Originally posted by TheRedBoar'n:
I like Miss State. If they beat us I hope they end up #1, but are those cow bells legal or not. I thought the SEC had some rule about artificial noise makers.
Cow bells are an exception to the rule against artificial noise makers.

They are allowed to use them at home but, they are only supposed to use them between plays.. They are not supposed to ring them during the play.

Hambone, why do they get an exception, any idea? Why not just do away with all artificial noisemakers, period. The SEC is my conference but sometimes. as in this case they are too tradition-minded. Just do away with all artificial noisemakers and problem solved.

Some may argue that 100,000 voices in unison are also artificial noise makers.

I thought the rule was that if the fans clanged the bells while the other team was lining up, it was a penalty.

To me, they are annoying, but I assume to a MS fan, they are not.

Originally posted by littleton tiger:
Hambone, why do they get an exception, any idea? Why not just do away with all artificial noisemakers, period. The SEC is my conference but sometimes. as in this case they are too tradition-minded. Just do away with all artificial noisemakers and problem solved.
I was reading an article about it a few days ago.. It said that State asked for the exemption at home games based on it being a tradition...

And, the compromise was that they only ring the bells between plays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT