ADVERTISEMENT

Credit to the bench!

rdeanf

Letterman
Jan 28, 2005
Yesterday I posted that the bench has got to produce to play this style. I think they only scored like 6 points against Tennessee. I said they have got to score at least 20 points a game to make Hawgball (40 Minutes of Hell) work. Today they came through with 23 points led by Athlon Bells' 10. The problem today was the starters only scored 37 and we need at least 60 points from them every game to make Hawgball work. Tomorrow will take the perfect game (at least 60 points from the starters and 20 from the bench. Now if you don't think we can beat Kentucky then there's no sense in responding to this post or even watching the game for that matter. It will take our best shooting performance of the year and a defensive effort that would Nolan Richardson very proud. Kentucky may go undefeated, but NOBODY IS UNBEATABLE. Remember the '78 Orange Bowl seemed just as impossible. We may get beat by 30, but make no mistake, WE CAN BEAT KENTUCKY. More than once, no. But in a one game situation anybody can be beat.

This post was edited on 3/14 8:45 PM by rdeanf

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.