ADVERTISEMENT

Defense is getting better each week

TOP HOG

All-Conference
Jun 11, 2002
Remember this is a new defense to all players and coaches except RS. If the d evolves in the 2nd year like the offense is, Arkansas will be back in the SECW hunt next year. Not sure they are ready for the next 3 games. If they continue to get better and after playing the next 3 games, Arkansas will go bowling. I think Arkansas will take at least 1 of the next 3. Best bet is UGA. Arkansas defense is best against the run, so far.

Def is better, but still, a lack of depth will hurt us in the coming weeks. Our backups give up a lot of yards when giving the starters a break, will likely give up scores against upper SEC teams. I would love to see us upset atm in Jerry world but I really don't think our pass D is up to keeping us undefeated there, sure hope they prove me wrong.

You know, we just never dominated in the OLine like we did against TTech. Hope we can control line of scrimmage against Aggies. Dang, I want an SEC win!

I believe it was due to running up the middle to draw in the defense, to open the pass.

Glad you guys are playing better. I was wondering how Rob Smith was doing? Does he have a more aggressive defense like at Rutgers?

Hard to say. First year and not a lot of depth. You can see that the defense will be real good by next year. Instant depth is on the way. The defense gets better each game. Saturday will tell us a lot. It starts the toughest 3 games on the nations toughest schedule. If the defense gets better this week, Arkansas has a good shot at a win.

Which kind of has me wondering about something. We're on a pretty good roll right now and if we beat atm, would the following bye week be helpful or a risk to derail the train, so to speak?

I believe these coaches will use the bye to our advantage. I couldn't say that about the last 3 coaches. My heart says HOGS by 2 scores. My head says our secondary can't hold up to aTm offense. And they will out score us. Arkansas must control the clock, play bend don't break defense and the Dline will have to get to Hill 3 or 4 times a drive. Not sure we have the depth. The secondary and BA will have to have great games for the HOGS to win. I believe BA will have to throw for 300 yards. The secondary will have to give the Dline time and get interceptions. Hill's stats fall way off when he has to throw while scrambling. He is in the 30% range. I don't have a good or bad feeling about this game. I do know aTm is much deeper than Arkansas. The 4th quarter will tell a lot about Arkansas. At least they can leave it all on the field, bye week up next.

ADVERTISEMENT