ADVERTISEMENT

Did the horns only sell 1000 seats to the Texas Bowl?

STLhawg

Letterman
Jun 12, 2002
A couple quotes from the article linked below:
"The excitement around our new relationship with the SEC and Big 12
conferences helped us secure well over 60,000 seats before our
participating teams were even announced."

"Kevin Trainor, Arkansas' associate athletic director for public
relations, said the Razorbacks were given an allotment of 10,500 tickets
to the game."

The Arkansas Times says, "Arkansas has sold out its 10,500-ticket allotment." If 60,000 seats were already sold prior to the match-up being announced and the Hogs sold their 10,500 allotment then that totals 70,500 -- but the stadium only hold 71,500. So that might imply that only Texas only sold 1,000 tickets? I cannot find anything that says how many tickets Texas sold or were allotted. I only found this comment in a press release from yesterday, "The Longhorns exhausted their allotment earlier this week." I could see where Texas could have given up some of their allotment if sales weren't going well (thus adding to Arkansas' allotment) but it's hard to believe the difference would be so large.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/dec/19/bowl-game-is-sold-out-officials-say-201/?f=sports

Okay found an article saying both Arkansas and Texas were allotted 10,500 tickets. But something doesn't add up because 10,500+10,500+60,000 = 81,000 yet the stadium only has the capacity of 71,500. Actually, I think I finally see where I went wrong. The allotment for both schools was part of the 60,000 figure -- so that left 11,500 for them to sell to the general public.

At any rate, let's hope the Arkansas fans and (more importantly) the team represent well in Houston!! WPS

i spent a couple hours trying to get an actual breakdown of each schools fans that would attend, but to no avail.

what started my search was somebody gave a prediction of a horn victory from having the home field and crowd advantage??

more longhorn fans in attendance??? WHAT!!
(lol, err, i'm not so sure that'll be the case!!!!) we'll see!!
GO HOGS!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT